Community Forum

Updates to Horse for Sale searching

Official announcements about the new game.
Hidalgo
Visit My Farm

Re: Updates to Horse for Sale searching

Post by Hidalgo »

HorzeLover101 wrote: Hence the market cleaners! Idk if you've checked out my page but ive been tracking numbers since 2021. And each year a do monthly numbers! Since the change to the market I need to make some updates such as not purchasing any horses with in the last 30 days. That will help lower the risk of buying horses "certain" players are selling to abuse the market cleaners $$$$.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=36181
Wouldn't a time limit on ads mean we wouldn't need market cleaning anymore? It's pretty much automatic market clearing if it's implemented, and any player-done market clearing at that point seems like it would actually be not only unnecessary but also possibly unhelpful. Apologies if I misunderstand what you're saying :lol:
HorzeLover101
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by HorzeLover101 »

Hidalgo wrote:
HorzeLover101 wrote: Hence the market cleaners! Idk if you've checked out my page but ive been tracking numbers since 2021. And each year a do monthly numbers! Since the change to the market I need to make some updates such as not purchasing any horses with in the last 30 days. That will help lower the risk of buying horses "certain" players are selling to abuse the market cleaners $$$$.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=36181
Wouldn't a time limit on ads mean we wouldn't need market cleaning anymore? It's pretty much automatic market clearing if it's implemented, and any player-done market clearing at that point seems like it would actually be not only unnecessary but also possibly unhelpful. Apologies if I misunderstand what you're saying :lol:
This post was made before they implemented the sales restrictions to 6mths. So yes you are correct. It makes market clearing people almost useless. But!!!! I will probably change my CTM Program a bit sideways. lol
Examples:
- Taking monthly counts still. Its nice to see totals monthly to see how big of a flux it is month to month.
- Instead of doing yearly totals it will now be changed to every 6 months totals since any horses past that are automatically cleared so i can even begin to collect the yearly totals.
- Clear horses for newer players if they put the horse up for one of the following; Need room, Need money to feed horses, Need money in general etc. (of course the buying power will be limited to avoid CTM abusers)
- Clear horses that have red stats or mix breeds depending on breed creations. ones that could be used for the crummy foal quest will be left alone.
- Clear old, old, old horses such as 15yrs + / A lot of these horses are put up and never bought. I wanna say like a good 10% of older horses that are put up are bought.
ℬᏟᏕℛ - Black Creek Stables Rescue
Famous Racing Belgian Breeder
Owner Of FIR Club
Legendary Trainer & Comp'er For Players
***14 Days For Pick Up - After That They Will Be Auctioned Off***

likeit2
Visit My Farm

Post by likeit2 »

HorzeLover101 wrote:
Honestly you could get rid of the feature of horses posted within "certain time frame". If you just add a time effect to the ads being posted.

Option 1:
Non-Premium Members:
- Unlimited "normal" horse sales
- Limited (2) Offer Only sales; This needs revised to possibly increase depending on how many horses you own at the time. Example.... You have 10 horses so you can put 2 horses for offers only/ 20 horses you can put up 4 for offers only / etc
- Normal horse sales; Time restriction of 7 days before it is deleted or has to be "renewed"
- Offers Only Horses; Time restriction of 7 days before it is deleted or has to be "renewed"

Premium Members:
- Unlimited "normal" horse sales
- Unlimited Offer Only Sales
- Normal horse sales; Time restriction of 14 days before it is deleted or has to be "renewed"
- Offers Only Horses; Optional Selection of different time frames of 1-28 days. This allows a true "auction" type sale of the offers only option.

Also I do think we need to implement on the "offers only" horses a "minimum" bid starting price and a buyout price button.
Example..... I have a horse that I feel like I could sell it for 500k. But if i have to I will take at LEAST 250k. So when i post my horse for sale the minimum bid will say 250k.
Hence the first player can offer 250k. The next person that bids must bid 1,000 more then the previous bid. (increments in 500-1000 I believe is decent for the average player - but if it seems low i would do possibly an allowed selectable "bid increase" selection such as """player must bid at least 500, 1k, 2k, 5k, 10k more then previous bid to be a valid bid"

Horse #1
Min Bid: 250k
Min Bid Increasement: 5k
Buyout: 500k (Premium option only)

With this being said,
Buyout price button will only be offered to premium users only.

With this information it allows even more benefits for the premium users. PLUS these benefits are mainly time frame extenstions. So if a new player starts playing and creates all these sales then leaves 7 days later. those horses will remain in limbo. So thats why i think its a good idea to offer the longer/optional periods of time to the premium members. Since most players wont by prem unless they think or "know" they will be sticking around for a bit!.

Thank you! I know this was long but a good thought process :)
Hello horze,
From you standpoint I could see how the more “auctiony” based market could work, you see it often in other games, the first I can think of was Horse reality which is a strictly time-based game which happens to be the polar opposite of HWO. Something many of us can agree on is not only how incredibly detailed this game is, but also having little reliability on time. I could leave for 6 months and come back and nothing had changed on my farm (aside from completing some skills and running out of premium.) is something that makes the game stand out. I think the main function of removing sales from the market is to keep horses from sitting there for years at a time I personally think every 6 months would be more fitting to the way HWO is played
Training forum!
“I’d rather ride on a Mustang, than in one.” -BaileyAnn Neal
Hidalgo
Visit My Farm

Post by Hidalgo »

HorzeLover101 wrote:
This post was made before they implemented the sales restrictions to 6mths. So yes you are correct. It makes market clearing people almost useless. But!!!! I will probably change my CTM Program a bit sideways. lol
Examples:
- Taking monthly counts still. Its nice to see totals monthly to see how big of a flux it is month to month.
- Instead of doing yearly totals it will now be changed to every 6 months totals since any horses past that are automatically cleared so i can even begin to collect the yearly totals.
- Clear horses for newer players if they put the horse up for one of the following; Need room, Need money to feed horses, Need money in general etc. (of course the buying power will be limited to avoid CTM abusers)
- Clear horses that have red stats or mix breeds depending on breed creations. ones that could be used for the crummy foal quest will be left alone.
- Clear old, old, old horses such as 15yrs + / A lot of these horses are put up and never bought. I wanna say like a good 10% of older horses that are put up are bought.
Cool, cool
HorzeLover101
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by HorzeLover101 »

likeit2 wrote: Hello horze,
From you standpoint I could see how the more “auctiony” based market could work, you see it often in other games, the first I can think of was Horse reality which is a strictly time-based game which happens to be the polar opposite of HWO. Something many of us can agree on is not only how incredibly detailed this game is, but also having little reliability on time. I could leave for 6 months and come back and nothing had changed on my farm (aside from completing some skills and running out of premium.) is something that makes the game stand out. I think the main function of removing sales from the market is to keep horses from sitting there for years at a time I personally think every 6 months would be more fitting to the way HWO is played
This post was made previously before they update the market to a time frame limitation. With that now implemented to any horses posted that are past the 6 month time frame they are removed from sales page.
My "CTM Program" page will be changed greatly and I will no long be buying horses to age out or rehome according to when listed etc. As for right now my CTM Program is on back burner. The new updates will be brought out in August. My totals will still be monthly, gathered at beginning month totals. I may even included a 6mth total and a yearly total as well. This just helps keep track of the horses in game data. Allows players to see how many horses are being circulated and allows the data to be provided to other players that are curious about counts etc etc.

And yes HWO is nice because it doesn't have a timeframe in which it continues when a person isn't on. One of the GREATEST achievements made by the producers of this game. Hence I will always be active here on HWO and one day want to further into the advancements of this game as it has great potential. Even though this game has slow progress to advance the enhancements of the game.... its nice for the pace. I feel like other games progress too quickly they run out of options. Then when they run out of options they begin adding random out of the world stuff in. Also they begin changing money to in game ratio and rewards/memberships etc. One game that I'll mention that was a good game until they advanced to quickly and had to drastically change the way the game performed and how the players interacted with it was Howrse.
So on that note i do still think we should have an "auction" type sale. while still having the options for "offers only" and just regular sales. Since im on this topic.... i do think we needs to increase the number of "offers only" for non premium accounts OR even introduce a new skill that the players (non-prem/prem) can learn that way its equal for everyone. As sales shouldnt be reliant on a paid prem basis. In the real world you arent restricted to sell animals/horses just based on your class status such as poverty, lower, middle, working, rich etc classes.
Offering skills to increase offer only sales would be nice so everyone has the same right. Then we could introduce auction type sales to members only. a good think the admins should consider etc.
Many "extra" things that aren't needed but are welcomed due to the ease an access for the game itself would highly attracted more paying players WHILE staying enough in reach to attract many players that will not consider membership.
ℬᏟᏕℛ - Black Creek Stables Rescue
Famous Racing Belgian Breeder
Owner Of FIR Club
Legendary Trainer & Comp'er For Players
***14 Days For Pick Up - After That They Will Be Auctioned Off***

AureRed
Visit My Farm

Post by AureRed »

This looks so good now please make for studs also
Casper101
Visit My Farm

Post by Casper101 »

I am less than 6 months old in this game but your view on gaming is honestly refreshing!
Diamond Filly
Visit My Farm

Post by Diamond Filly »

AureRed wrote:This looks so good now please make for studs also
I agree with you, this would be amazing.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:44 am

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:44 am