Community Forum

Silver on Brown??

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
prplebird20
Visit My Farm

Silver on Brown??

Post by prplebird20 »

So I bred this mare a while ago, and she came out looking like a silver black appaloosa, but now she is brown? Anyone know what color she could be?
Starry Window
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Silver on Brown??

Post by BlackOak2 »

prplebird20 wrote:So I bred this mare a while ago, and she came out looking like a silver black appaloosa, but now she is brown? Anyone know what color she could be?
Starry Window

Your horse is a silver dapple. That's black paired with silver. Lp is responsible for the brown-coloration she now has. It's 'bronzing' and happens to black hair, turning it this red coloration. :D

You can breed for it, or cull it out, so that your horses' black hairs can bronze or not. Bays and browns will also do this. :mrgreen:
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
prplebird20
Visit My Farm

Post by prplebird20 »

Ok, ty!
I was also confused about this filly as she was born a weird pinkish color, prob a dun dilute ig
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3918817
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

prplebird20 wrote:Ok, ty!
I was also confused about this filly as she was born a weird pinkish color, prob a dun dilute ig
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3918817
I'm not seeing too many signs of dun. So she could be a cryptic. What I do see, is pangare. That's where the pink color is coming from. She's a bay pangare.

To be clear, I'm not saying that she's certainly NOT a dun. I see some hints of dun-like areas. But just not enough for me to clearly say dun or not dun. Parents appear that one or even both may be cryptic as well. So if you're unsure of whether you've been dealing with cryptic dun, then what I can say is that I see indications that you can be dealing with cryptic dun. But I'm not certain without you running some tests to confirm if you have cryptic.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:26 pm

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:26 pm