Community Forum

My Mystery Mare

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: My Mystery Mare

Post by BlackOak2 »

Silverine wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote: If she were a true gray, as in a horse that has the graying gene and will gray-out, on HWO, she would've been born as a newborn with her adult coat. Quite nice for admin to code it in like that. :mrgreen:
Just as a quick bit of info: it works this way in real-life, too! Foals that will gray out have a noticeable lack of foal camo. Lp can cause a lack of foal camo IRL, too. :)
:o
Ah! Well... that just shows my lack of experience around such genes in real life! :lol:

Good to know! Even though I'll likely (and sadly) never get to use it! :lol: :roll: Ah well...still an interesting bit of knowledge.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

BlackOak2 wrote: :o
Ah! Well... that just shows my lack of experience around such genes in real life! :lol:

Good to know! Even though I'll likely (and sadly) never get to use it! :lol: :roll: Ah well...still an interesting bit of knowledge.
It's a really cool indicator. I personally find it easiest to tell with black foals IRL.

Here's a non-gray:

And here's a gray:

And of course you shouldn't judge right when they pop out. You need to let them dry first. :lol:
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Silverine wrote: And of course you shouldn't judge right when they pop out. You need to let them dry first. :lol:
Ahahaha!!!

Very true! They need to 'unravel' a bit. :P

I didn't know that HWO did the coding so purposefully. It's like they KNEW!

Psychic.

Part of me thought it might've been an issue with the layers or something, the other part thought it was an oversight and still a third part thought 'Well... such a nice thing! I'll always know my grays.' and left it at that.

8-)
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:44 pm

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:44 pm