Community Forum

Dilluted Foal

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Re: Dilluted Foal

Post by Nazarach »

Nazarach wrote:Sooo, maybe I should've made sure before adding to my shades of black guide but alas... Would you agree with this?

Silver/Dappled Smoky Black Pearl Champagne (E_ a/a Cr/prl Ch/n Z/n t/t)

I don't want to bother you but could someone help/give a look?
Silverine wrote:
Aela wrote:
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

Nazarach wrote:
Looks right from what I can tell, but would need to get some offspring to be sure.
Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by Nazarach »

Silverine wrote:
Nazarach wrote:
Looks right from what I can tell, but would need to get some offspring to be sure.
Thank you :) Pretty sure due to the parents but I'll definitly have her throw some with my black or black pearl lines ^^
Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by Nazarach »

Not quite as dilluted as my previous posts but need a second/third opinion on this one ir to sneaky dun.

Normally I'd be quite sure on the dun just being my imagination - she seems a bit brighter than would be normal as of my experience with Brown Creams but then again it is somewhat obscure 'cause of the sires sooty maybe also ganging up with it...

Llovinza

Sooty? Brown Cream Dun?

(E_ At/a Cr/Cr D/d? Sty/n? t/N)
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Nazarach wrote:Not quite as dilluted as my previous posts but need a second/third opinion on this one ir to sneaky dun.

Normally I'd be quite sure on the dun just being my imagination - she seems a bit brighter than would be normal as of my experience with Brown Creams but then again it is somewhat obscure 'cause of the sires sooty maybe also ganging up with it...

Sooty? Brown Cream Dun?

(E_ At/a Cr/Cr D/d? Sty/n? t/N)
I'm not seeing any signs of dun. But I do think sooty is the 'bottom-up' type, so it's shadowing her legs, giving the appearance of a body mask.
Although you do seem to be breeding cryptics! :lol:

I suspect there may be some pangare acting on her as well. And that, hiding in the sire line. Although, after a fair search, I couldn't find any obvious pangare horses.
I did find this one:

That seems like there may be a little color-shifting there in the flank (most notable on the yearling photo). But after following that line back as well, I could find a couple others that have a flank-question, but none that were obvious.

So, no signs of dun, but sooty does appear to exist.

Pangare, unknown. Just that other 'something' that you seem to be feeling with this filly, as well.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by Nazarach »

BlackOak2 wrote: I'm not seeing any signs of dun. But I do think sooty is the 'bottom-up' type, so it's shadowing her legs, giving the appearance of a body mask.
Although you do seem to be breeding cryptics! :lol:

I suspect there may be some pangare acting on her as well. And that, hiding in the sire line. Although, after a fair search, I couldn't find any obvious pangare horses.
I did find this one:
[...]
That seems like there may be a little color-shifting there in the flank (most notable on the yearling photo). But after following that line back as well, I could find a couple others that have a flank-question, but none that were obvious.

So, no signs of dun, but sooty does appear to exist.

Pangare, unknown. Just that other 'something' that you seem to be feeling with this filly, as well.
Yes, my sweet cryptics :lol: good thing i like my dun well enough usually ^^' pangaré could be a thing I suppose :idea: hoped it might get clearer with age if its sooty, but maybe its just too early still

Thank you for the input :D (and sorry for the late reply, time can fly if work gets busy <.<)
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Nazarach wrote:
Yes, my sweet cryptics :lol: good thing i like my dun well enough usually ^^' pangaré could be a thing I suppose :idea: hoped it might get clearer with age if its sooty, but maybe its just too early still

Thank you for the input :D (and sorry for the late reply, time can fly if work gets busy <.<)
Eh... you know the way it goes. :lol:

I know people will get back around eventually, especially if it's important. [SOOO not saying anything about this being a game and the importance of a game!!!]

It does kind of... sound like our admins are getting around to working on releases for us *transfer over???!!*. Although, I think life is really busy with at least one of them.

Not sure which release will be coming to us next... let's see, we were promised it was going to be the training release.
THAT will be a game changer in a lot of ways.
But... I suppose it could theoretically be the vet release, which would bring geldings (maybe, fingers crossed, sterile mares), and arguably, the most important part of the vet release, DNA Testing!

So... yeah. DNA testing would tell us if it's cryptic we're looking at or maybe something entirely different. :mrgreen: 8-) :twisted:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by Nazarach »

BlackOak2 wrote: Eh... you know the way it goes. :lol:

I know people will get back around eventually, especially if it's important. [SOOO not saying anything about this being a game and the importance of a game!!!]

It does kind of... sound like our admins are getting around to working on releases for us *transfer over???!!*. Although, I think life is really busy with at least one of them.

Not sure which release will be coming to us next... let's see, we were promised it was going to be the training release.
THAT will be a game changer in a lot of ways.
But... I suppose it could theoretically be the vet release, which would bring geldings (maybe, fingers crossed, sterile mares), and arguably, the most important part of the vet release, DNA Testing!

So... yeah. DNA testing would tell us if it's cryptic we're looking at or maybe something entirely different. :mrgreen: 8-) :twisted:
The game has been a faithfull companion for me xD not quitting that easily ;) especially since i (still) havent found anything comparable to it as a sim game or something - which i'd buy in a second, y'know? If anything the market either has far too easy/low content child games or the more management like types don't have graphics even remotely close and favour pure sheet statistics v.v

Vet at some point *fingers crossed* would be nice; but the improved/more varied training is my personal favourite tbh ^^
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Nazarach wrote:
The game has been a faithfull companion for me xD not quitting that easily ;) especially since i (still) havent found anything comparable to it as a sim game or something - which i'd buy in a second, y'know? If anything the market either has far too easy/low content child games or the more management like types don't have graphics even remotely close and favour pure sheet statistics v.v

Vet at some point *fingers crossed* would be nice; but the improved/more varied training is my personal favourite tbh ^^
Indeed! Faithful Companion. Maybe we need to rename the game that! :lol:

... I've been through So, SOOO many Games! And you and I are SO NOT in the minority around here. We really need to bring in all the others that are just living their lives, having given up on ever finding a game like this.
^^
I was one of those, having given up. But something changed in my life, gave me some hope. That was when I finally came across this game. The HORROR of it all! It was in closed beta for this release! :evil: To be released 'next year' or something. I was ready to skin myself Alive!
So I earmarked it and kept coming back every few weeks to look at it's release date and if it had changed.

Then I forgot about it. Imagine that! :lol: Something big changed again in my life. Then with a bleak outlook, I remembered the game and came crawling back. Signed up and since then (with a hiatus of 6 months, once) have never left.

So... yes calling it a 'faithful companion' is a very appropriate phrase. :D
And at this point, really any release will be exciting. Even though I'm not one that likes training, I also think the training release will be a new concept to delve into.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:39 pm

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:39 pm