Community Forum

Out of Curiosity!

Cypress Creek Elites
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Out of Curiosity!

Post by Cypress Creek Elites »

The players I can think of off the top of my head that have taught me a whole ton about the game are Blackoak, Frost, and Silverine.

Shout out to Hidalgo too for helping me when I first started trying to breed competitively (an inhand jumping project that has since morphed into my racing grinder line).

There are loads of other people that I look up to that I haven't mentioned, but these are the few that made a huge impression on me when I was first starting to actually get involved and learning to play the game!
Tisha
Visit My Farm

Post by Tisha »

DestinoRidge wrote: I can’t believe I saw this just now :’) (my old username is Destany662) and it’s such a honor to know I sold you a horse that actually ranked years back. I’d love if you could link her old profile! This is so sweet. I hope you’ve been doing well and staying healthy
Hiya! Hope you have been doing well too, it's good to see you still around HWO!

Unfortunately, that mare has long passed, but she is immortalised in my hall of fame haha (Back then there wasn't any brand for her)
Thundering Perfection of <CS>

Her bloodline can be traced with numerous projects that I started! (With that specific goal of having her in their bloodline :D )
Tonnerre Parfait of <CS>

She's still my favourite horse in HWO haha
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

Oh wow. Just popped in here out of my own curiosity. Did not expect to see my name pop up! :lol:

I'm glad so many people have found my explanations helpful. I'm not super social but I do enjoy chatting with everyone from time to time. And thank you all for putting up with occasional long-winded rant posts. P:
Alyssa Davis
Visit My Farm

Post by Alyssa Davis »

UnoRie1729 wrote:I'm familiar with the game dynamics and stuff, but what I'm interested in is the relationships between players themselves. ^~^

I personally, have players I respect and really, really look up to. I am a fan of their horses and would strive to be like them. Do you have any players you admire and/or look up to? Do share and tell me why.
I really look up to Frost and BlackOak2. Unfortunately I don't get to chat with them much anymore, as the good old days of full chat have passed.
Horsechronicles12
Visit My Farm

Post by Horsechronicles12 »

UnoRie1729 wrote:I'm familiar with the game dynamics and stuff, but what I'm interested in is the relationships between players themselves. ^~^

I personally, have players I respect and really, really look up to. I am a fan of their horses and would strive to be like them. Do you have any players you admire and/or look up to? Do share and tell me why.
i look up to a few, im not going to put names on here, being respectful because i dont know if they want their names on here, but they have been kind and helpful from the start so if they ever need anything i always help them out
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Alyssa Davis wrote:

I really look up to Frost and BlackOak2. Unfortunately I don't get to chat with them much anymore, as the good old days of full chat have passed.
You know, if you're ever on and see me online, you can always ping me to join you in chat. :mrgreen:

And, sometimes I do miss chatting with other players in chat. Screws my turn-taking for the day, but occasionally it's alright. :roll: :lol:
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Cypress Creek Elites
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Cypress Creek Elites »

I'd like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that provided that you are 13+ (old enough to legally have a discord account) there IS a HWO discord server. we can hang out and not worry about chatbot getting angry and kicking people, and it works even when HWO is down. plenty of chances to converse with other people, even if you're not on at the same time (hint hint, nudge nudge, Alyssa)
lemoncypress is the owner currently, and myself, shadowheart2006, and malakai10 I believe are the current moderators (sawd stepped down a bit ago, unfortunately).
but anyways! yeah!
Iris Rock Stables
Visit My Farm

Post by Iris Rock Stables »

In the past when I’ve played this game, I looked up to BlackOak2 and GabbysPet (miss you sm)
~besthorsebreeder~
Visit My Farm

Post by ~besthorsebreeder~ »

Just thought I’d tag on haha.

There are so many great people on here but personally some of the people that immediately pop into my head are BlackOak2 [your in a class of ur own, 98% of questions I have you always know the answer], Gabby Woodlark [me and everyone else’s bestie], horsegirl008, Silverine, Frost, Cypress Creek Elites, Alyssa Davis, Softball_Training, RosesDemise, Retsi, FantasyRanch, HorzeLover101, and islandhill. Some of these people I am very close with, some are just people I think of who had effect on the way I view this game (some of them are probably shocked because I don’t think I’ve ever talked to a couple haha), and some of them are people who have unfortunately left the game.

There are also a bunch of people (which I’m sure you can relate) who have impacted my game but now I can’t remember your username or we talked so long I have forgotten it, but thanks to you too.

And then of course all our mods as well.

There are so many great people, and unfortunately I see many whom I started out playing with (I’ve only been playing for like 2 years I think) who have already quit or taking long breaks (low key me haha). But anyways thanks to everyone! <3
“Whatever you do, always give 100%. Unless you’re donating blood.” -Bill Murray

Official Stud Page: [closed, being renovated now]

~BHB~
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

~besthorsebreeder~ wrote: Just thought I’d tag on haha.

There are so many great people on here but personally some of the people that immediately pop into my head are BlackOak2 [your in a class of ur own, 98% of questions I have you always know the answer], Gabby Woodlark [me and everyone else’s bestie], horsegirl008, Silverine, Frost, Cypress Creek Elites, Alyssa Davis, Softball_Training, RosesDemise, Retsi, FantasyRanch, HorzeLover101, and islandhill. Some of these people I am very close with, some are just people I think of who had effect on the way I view this game (some of them are probably shocked because I don’t think I’ve ever talked to a couple haha), and some of them are people who have unfortunately left the game.

There are also a bunch of people (which I’m sure you can relate) who have impacted my game but now I can’t remember your username or we talked so long I have forgotten it, but thanks to you too.

And then of course all our mods as well.

There are so many great people, and unfortunately I see many whom I started out playing with (I’ve only been playing for like 2 years I think) who have already quit or taking long breaks (low key me haha). But anyways thanks to everyone! <3
:mrgreen: I stand upon the 'shoulders of giants'. If I hadn't have learned things from the originals (almost wholly backers, but not all), I wouldn't have had enough to pass onto all of you.

You've done your own work around here as well, when you're active.

It really does seem like our community has reached the point that newbies are raised fairly quickly into players that can pass onward, the best information HWO has to offer. 8-)

*I'm so proud!*
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:22 am

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:22 am