Community Forum

Returning Irish Cob/G*psy Vanner breeder -- start over or not?

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Concolor
Visit My Farm

Returning Irish Cob/G*psy Vanner breeder -- start over or not?

Post by Concolor »

Hi all!

I am returning to the game after a long hiatus, and I would love some advice. I used to breed towards Vanners, and am considering changing my program focus because racial slurs. What kind of HGPs are desirable for current Vanner breeders? Should I just do a mass cull and start entirely over, new breed or not?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Returning Irish Cob/G*psy Vanner breeder -- start over or not?

Post by BlackOak2 »

The vanner breed is looking to be renamed. So that'll be a thing of the past soon enough.

I can't offer insight on current breeder's preferences... but it's always nice to have a new line around, from scratch, or otherwise.

Right now, it seems that most of the players are trying to turn lines toward competitive stock and grinder usage, that's across any breed.

That said, you're older lines may have some use and desirability because they're old lines.

Vanners have never been massively popular, but they have their own faithful following. For a recipe-ending breed, it boasts quite a population. It also appears that people are looking for in-breed-req and adherence-to-breed-standard more lately, but that's over all breeds and not necessarily specific to vanners only.

The information won't really help, I suppose, but it will give you some current insights. :mrgreen:

Good Luck! And welcome back. :twisted:
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Concolor
Visit My Farm

Post by Concolor »

Thanks so much for the insights! It definitely helps me make better informed decisions.
JaycenUwU
Visit My Farm

Post by JaycenUwU »

Concolor wrote:Hi all!

I am returning to the game after a long hiatus, and I would love some advice. I used to breed towards Vanners, and am considering changing my program focus because racial slurs. What kind of HGPs are desirable for current Vanner breeders? Should I just do a mass cull and start entirely over, new breed or not?
i actually made a post asking about a name change and larissa and Tom went into a deep dive of their history and different names they've had and decided upon just changing their name to "Vanners" which I'm pretty happy about :D
Concolor
Visit My Farm

Post by Concolor »

JaycenUwU wrote: i actually made a post asking about a name change and larissa and Tom went into a deep dive of their history and different names they've had and decided upon just changing their name to "Vanners" which I'm pretty happy about :D
That's fabulous! I fought that fight in another horse game I play, and it's really nice to hear that y'all have already done it. <3
JaycenUwU
Visit My Farm

Post by JaycenUwU »

Concolor wrote:
JaycenUwU wrote: i actually made a post asking about a name change and larissa and Tom went into a deep dive of their history and different names they've had and decided upon just changing their name to "Vanners" which I'm pretty happy about :D
That's fabulous! I fought that fight in another horse game I play, and it's really nice to hear that y'all have already done it. <3
I adore the breed (I have one myself) so I'm glad I could make a change <3
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:44 pm

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:44 pm