Community Forum

Looking for information and help

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Shylis
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Looking for information and help

Post by Shylis »

This isn't really a game play question, I don't think, but I wasn't sure where else to post. I am looking for some information that I'm sure is somewhere in the forum but for some reason I can't find, and also some help with actual conformation.

First off, I'm looking for any information on the in game mechanics of the following genetics:
Agouti / Bay / Brown
Pangare / Mealy
Sooty variations
Flaxen
Dun / Primitive markings - especially anything to do with how dark or light the dilution is
Mohawk / Fluffy Mane / Tail Length / Other mane/tail genes

If anyone has links to these or other relevant genetics, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Second, I would like some help in finding or making a template for the conformation, not the numbers but actual physical conformation, for Norwegian Fjords. I've been trying to work it out myself but I'm not sure if what I've come up with would look right or be accurate. I'd really like to do a slightly heavier "draft type" and a slightly lighter "riding type", with both having the Fjord look. If that makes any sense.
UnpredictableDragon
Visit My Farm

Re: Looking for information and help

Post by UnpredictableDragon »

Ancient Breed has a great guide that might help you here, along with two from Totina here and here. You'll find that most of the help you'll find for coat genetics will be found in the "What Colour is my Horse?" forum. This game is actually super accurate when it comes to coat color genotypes so coming into it trying to understand it without prior knowledge can be so so difficult. It takes a lot lol, and I'm still trying to understand a lot of it. I don't know if we have any topics touching feathering and mane types, so I hope we can get some answers under this topic!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:11 pm

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:11 pm