Community Forum

Development Updates

Official announcements about the new game.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Development Updates

Post by larissar »

Check out our latest post on Patreon, free for everyone to read, with some updates on our recent game developments and what you can expect in the coming months.

Read the latest updates here.

Warband
Visit My Farm

Re: Development Updates

Post by Warband »

Love what's in store. Is there a way to dial down the High noon looking one with the bright green? The saturation hurts my eyes sadly on the small scale, so can't imagine it on a large scale. Ive always been a little funky when reds/oranges/yellows are on the screen too long, makes me physically sick, and im worried about the brightest green one.
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

Warband wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:19 pm Love what's in store. Is there a way to dial down the High noon looking one with the bright green? The saturation hurts my eyes sadly on the small scale, so can't imagine it on a large scale. Ive always been a little funky when reds/oranges/yellows are on the screen too long, makes me physically sick, and im worried about the brightest green one.
Do you spend a lot of your HWO day on the middle times? It seems more common for players to spend the majority of their browsing time at the beginning of their day, before any training/breeding are done, or at the end waiting for turns. So you'd be dealing with the dawn and night backgrounds more than the noon one.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Ohh... kind of makes me want both options! Both backgrounds are gorgeous. The hints at the new layout really makes my mount water! :lol:
Anyway, thank you! As always, the work you both do for us and the game is well appreciated.

Sending our love! ^o^
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Warband
Visit My Farm

Post by Warband »

While I do agree most times I am either in day or night cycle. Color saturation like that is instant, It only takes looking at it for a few seconds to cause the issue. As I generally cycle 24+ Turns in a short setting I would be seeing it alot, and in rapid succession.

I think I have some kind of undiagnosed form of epilepsy. Certain colors, as well as some motions in video games get me filling dizzy, and sick for hours afterwards. Under normal circumstances I'd say its just random, but knowing almost all the females on my fathers side have serious seizures or neurological disorders, and my brother has them as well, I don't play around and find out.

So I am really hoping that if diluting the color isn't an option, putting a forced time setting for a layout is. I can look at dawn and dusk forever. Noon I cant look at, at all, and the afternoon I couldn't look at for longer than a minute, as it falls under one of the trigger colors. Ive sadly had to leave games previously for this type of color issue, and I really dont wanna lose this one as well.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Warband wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:45 am While I do agree most times I am either in day or night cycle. Color saturation like that is instant, It only takes looking at it for a few seconds to cause the issue. As I generally cycle 24+ Turns in a short setting I would be seeing it alot, and in rapid succession.

I think I have some kind of undiagnosed form of epilepsy. Certain colors, as well as some motions in video games get me filling dizzy, and sick for hours afterwards. Under normal circumstances I'd say its just random, but knowing almost all the females on my fathers side have serious seizures or neurological disorders, and my brother has them as well, I don't play around and find out.

So I am really hoping that if diluting the color isn't an option, putting a forced time setting for a layout is. I can look at dawn and dusk forever. Noon I cant look at, at all, and the afternoon I couldn't look at for longer than a minute, as it falls under one of the trigger colors. Ive sadly had to leave games previously for this type of color issue, and I really dont wanna lose this one as well.
That certainly is unfortunate. I'm sorry to hear you have to deal with such an issue (and your family as well).

Have you tried color saturation on your monitor? Of course, then you'd lose a lot of the beauty in the horses' coats themselves, but it is an option otherwise. You could theoretically find just the right type of bland that'll take out the worst of the saturation without fully bleeding the colors dry. Maybe?

I would vote for the ability to freeze the time setting, something like a dynamic/static that can be chosen for the entire account. I'm also wondering if the time setting will cycle through the seasons at some point, that could also lead to further issues.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

I'm not making any promises, but I am looking into optional accessibility based settings in the layout, including perhaps something to do with the background.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:11 pm

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:11 pm