Community Forum

Too many dilutes

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Aubergine
Visit My Farm

Too many dilutes

Post by Aubergine »

I've got this girl; I know she's got strong pangare expression & champagne, but the white mane/tail is throwing me off since I don't think either parent carries silver. Her dam might, since she had another foal with strong silver from another stud, but she'd have to be hiding it pretty well.

Turkmenes
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Too many dilutes

Post by Turkmenes »

Aubergine wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:26 pm I've got this girl; I know she's got strong pangare expression & champagne, but the white mane/tail is throwing me off since I don't think either parent carries silver. Her dam might, since she had another foal with strong silver from another stud, but she'd have to be hiding it pretty well.

Looks like Gold Pearl. Chestnut + champagne + 2x pearl. And possibly flaxen.
Last edited by Turkmenes on Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Aubergine wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:26 pm I've got this girl; I know she's got strong pangare expression & champagne, but the white mane/tail is throwing me off since I don't think either parent carries silver. Her dam might, since she had another foal with strong silver from another stud, but she'd have to be hiding it pretty well.
This horse, first off, appears to be a chestnut base, since both parents are bay, this is a possible outcome. She also looks like a triple dilute (champagne and two creams), but neither parent is cream, so the suspected culprit could be pearl. Skin is pink, but that'll be due to the champagne. Definitely pangare, but no real sign of dun.

This horse, on the sire side is clearly a double dilute, but produced this foal that wasn't offering any dilute at all. So there is pearl at least on the one side.

And then, on the mare side, you have .⚝. Spot that Funk , which you have marked as an Amber Pearl Pangare (I would agree with the pangare, but question the overall gene makeup, for curiosities sake, quite a unique color, overall and yet still the most likely color combination) and appears to be the other culprit.

So, your horse is a triple dilute pearl. 8-)
At least, that would be my assumption.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Aubergine
Visit My Farm

Post by Aubergine »

Turkmenes wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:
Thank you both!