Community Forum

sales price

awse!
Visit My Farm

sales price

Post by awse! »

I have a mare that is 1. pretty XD
but also has 4 gold and 1 green. What is a fair price? without being cheat? on but not overpricing
Horsechronicles12
Visit My Farm

Re: sales price

Post by Horsechronicles12 »

awse! wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:58 pm I have a mare that is 1. pretty XD
but also has 4 gold and 1 green. What is a fair price? without being cheat? on but not overpricing
Can you share a picture of her?
Horsechronicles12
Visit My Farm

awse! wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:58 pm I have a mare that is 1. pretty XD
I looked through but did not find one with 4 gold and 1 green bit one with 3 gold and possibly 3 green but it may have been 2
awse!
Visit My Farm

Post by awse! »

It sold, just as I posted this. Let me try to find it so i know for the future
awse!
Visit My Farm

Post by awse! »

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/4116644

im not sure how to share a picture but this is the link
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

awse! wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:07 pm https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/4116644

im not sure how to share a picture but this is the link
Those, that at the very least, equal grinder-quality, can sell all day for 10k as untrained foals and young horses... IF advertised as such. If the horse comes from a confirmed grinder line, that price can increase exponentially, all dependent on the quality of the grinder line they come from.

So, if you're ever unsure about your sale horses, first consider if they're grinder quality and then go from there.
After grinders, you'll have competition and competition-descendant stock, then rare colors, rare breeds and finally (but definitely not least) rare stats. Rare stats is likely the most sought after, however, they have a limited (and very loyal) set of buyers.

Here's the basics on the Grinder horse as well as what makes which quality of grinder.

Competition and competition-descendant stock are often priced separately as per the discipline they're good at. They'll regularly go for anywhere from 50k (for a descendant that's at least two generations removed) to 200k. Racers can easily go for a million or more, standing as unconfirmed competitors. So, price on competition stock varies greatly.

Rare colors and rare breeds are entirely dependent on what the buyers need them for and a bit on how difficult they're to maintain and breed-to.

Rare stats... well... these are entirely dependent on BR comment and conformation score. Prices tend to exponentially jump upward the higher these pairs go. Your rare stats can come in a single stat or a combination of stats. Movement is your rarest single-standing stat. Then comes tempo and after that balance. Your combinations will be Strength and Speed (with or without Stamina), Stamina and Strength, Agility and [pretty much any other stat] (not too many look for this combination), and then Balance and Agility.
Some of the rare stats are named twice and keep note of the order. These will correspond with certain disciplines.

By highlighting your horses with these things that stand out, you can increase interest and also bring appropriate buyers to your horses.

Sorry that I didn't offer specific prices. The market is quite fluid and a horse that'll sell for one day for a million, may not even sell the next day for $1. It is quite important to know and add to the ad, what's special about the horses, if anything.

Your primary sales will likely be grinder-style. These are always in good demand. 8-)
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
El Dominicano
Visit My Farm

Post by El Dominicano »

How much is a pony of the Americas worth?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

El Dominicano wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:43 pm How much is a pony of the Americas worth?
A PoA is relatively uncommon. In my opinion, any breed with a population over 100, isn't exactly rare, but that's only because we have 337 breed on HWO (all included) and of these breeds, 152 of them all fall under 100 population. That's almost half.

Anyway, it would depend on the people purchasing it. If it's unrelated to other breeders lines, as a new bloodline, this would increase price. Low COI would also increase price. Being at least grinder quality, again increase price. Competition stock, an increase.

But it's also an end-breed. In this case, interest is limited to those buyers that will be interested in the breed itself, or it's use in competitions or as a grinder.

So, worth will be limited. In order to increase worth, fully training the horse(s) will help and comp-testing them could also help. But comp-testing is a double-edged sword. If the horse completely fails to even show the on-paper expectations for competitions, it can tank the price.

Consider the reply that I offered above. Grinder first and then all other options afterward.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
El Dominicano
Visit My Farm

Post by El Dominicano »

OK thanks
Horsechronicles12
Visit My Farm

awse! wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:06 pm It sold, just as I posted this. Let me try to find it so i know for the future
She's pretty. I know you said you sold her but a fair price for the future would be something close to 5k or more if she means a lot or you think she is worth alot
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:47 am

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:47 am