Community Forum

Accidental Yorkshire Coach Horse?

horsesfurever
Visit My Farm

Accidental Yorkshire Coach Horse?

Post by horsesfurever »

So, I'm currently breeding a large variety of breeds from scratch for a breeding project of mine. One of those breeds is the Norfolk Trotter, which requires a Cleveland Bay to be bred with a Cleveland Bay x Thoroughbred. Just now, one of my mares (who I bred with the intent to create a Norfolk Trotter) popped a Yorkshire Coach Horse, which I wasn't aware was even a breed on this game! :lol:

After some research, it appears that both breeds have the same recipe, which strikes me as somewhat odd. I had always thought that each breed had its own unique recipe, but I was obviously mistaken. With further research (ie comparing breed eval standards), it appears that the Yorkshire Coach Horse is just an overall bigger, heavier, etc version of the Norfolk Trotter, which I think is a bit funny because that means I was horribly off with my breeding... :lol:

Anyway, just thought I would share this unique situation I'm in because I've never had this happen to me before in all of the breeding that I've done. If anyone wants this guy, just let me know and I'd be happy to sell him. He's not very good since I have been breeding strictly for breed and not for HGP/BR, but he's somewhat rare nonetheless.
Heartland Breeding
Visit My Farm

Re: Accidental Yorkshire Coach Horse?

Post by Heartland Breeding »

horsesfurever wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:14 pm So, I'm currently breeding a large variety of breeds from scratch for a breeding project of mine. One of those breeds is the Norfolk Trotter, which requires a Cleveland Bay to be bred with a Cleveland Bay x Thoroughbred. Just now, one of my mares (who I bred with the intent to create a Norfolk Trotter) popped a Yorkshire Coach Horse, which I wasn't aware was even a breed on this game! :lol:

After some research, it appears that both breeds have the same recipe, which strikes me as somewhat odd. I had always thought that each breed had its own unique recipe, but I was obviously mistaken. With further research (ie comparing breed eval standards), it appears that the Yorkshire Coach Horse is just an overall bigger, heavier, etc version of the Norfolk Trotter, which I think is a bit funny because that means I was horribly off with my breeding... :lol:

Anyway, just thought I would share this unique situation I'm in because I've never had this happen to me before in all of the breeding that I've done. If anyone wants this guy, just let me know and I'd be happy to sell him. He's not very good since I have been breeding strictly for breed and not for HGP/BR, but he's somewhat rare nonetheless.
I'll take him please!
Heartland2001
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Heartland2001 »

horsesfurever wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:14 pm So, I'm currently breeding a large variety of breeds from scratch for a breeding project of mine. One of those breeds is the Norfolk Trotter, which requires a Cleveland Bay to be bred with a Cleveland Bay x Thoroughbred. Just now, one of my mares (who I bred with the intent to create a Norfolk Trotter) popped a Yorkshire Coach Horse, which I wasn't aware was even a breed on this game! :lol:

I'll take him please!
horsesfurever
Visit My Farm

Post by horsesfurever »

Heartland2001 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:34 am I'll take him please!
He's ufo, $1 is fine since I would've rehomed him otherwise. :D
Heartland2001
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Heartland2001 »

horsesfurever wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:11 am
Heartland2001 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:34 am I'll take him please!
He's ufo, $1 is fine since I would've rehomed him otherwise. :D
Offered
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:57 am

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:57 am