Community Forum

Appendix quarter horse

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Tigerlillie
Visit My Farm

Appendix quarter horse

Post by Tigerlillie »

I am trying to breed appendix quarter horses however they are all being born quarter horse x thoroughbred how do I rectify this?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Appendix quarter horse

Post by BlackOak2 »

Tigerlillie wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:15 am I am trying to breed appendix quarter horses however they are all being born quarter horse x thoroughbred how do I rectify this?
Very basically: you want to get the foals to be born as close to the appendix breed evaluation as possible. In doing this, you will increase the percentage chances of the foal being born as the new breed. Evaluating the parents for appendix is a good, solid way of helping and also evaluating the foals born will help you identify if your parents are throwing an unusual amount of one type that's not working (think the parents consistently throwing foals that are too tall even if both parents are well within the req's). Then mix and match until the foals are much closer or within the requirements of the appendix breed.
After that, it's a little about luck. Even if the foal is perfect for appendix, it's still a 50/50 flip whether it'll pop out right.

If you continue to have difficulty, share the parents that you're using and at least one foal and the community can help you hone in on the issue. :mrgreen:

If you need some more in-depth, there's links in my quicklinks under breeding or you can simply ask and somebody will help walk you through it, if you need one-on-one assistance.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Corvus
Visit My Farm

Re: Appendix quarter horse

Post by Corvus »

When I was making that breed, I had two horses who were nearly perfect for it, yet it still took around 10 tries to get one. It really does take some luck (and good horses) but if you keep trying, you'll get there!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:41 pm

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:41 pm