Community Forum

Decorations!

Comment on features or suggest new features for inclusion in the game.
TallPines
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Decorations!

Post by TallPines »

Scythian wrote:Those all look good to me -- thanks for the suggestions. I'd also like:

Outdoors
-- evergreens (aside from the holiday trees)
-- real shrubs. I have a couple of fake shrubs made by hiding the tree's trunk under a pasture.
-- a few more flowers, with different colors/shapes; some white lilies, for example.

Inside barns
-- Automated drinking bowls or old-fashioned buckets
-- Mangers
-- BARN CATS ! ! ! Extra wonderful if they were animated, perhaps if they simply walked across the line of stalls from time to time.

Constructive dreaming can be fun.
YES! Love all these ideas, especially the request for more tree variety. I'd love to have "tall pine" trees :o :lol:
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Decorations!

Post by EclipticEnd »

Reviving this post a little to add:

A farm house with useful interactable decorations inside, such as:
-A registry-type book that shows the number of horses owned, how many are Stallion/Geldings/Mares, how many are mature versus foals
-A trophy case that shows if the player has had any record holders and maybe overall statistics for first, second, third places in player shows?
-Perhaps another case of some sort that shows completed quests? Perhaps they could be certificates on a wall or something similar.
-A wall where you can put up pictures, perhaps of some of your favorite horses that you've bred (along with clickable links to those horses)
-A corkboard or whiteboard that you can type on to add notes for anything, such as training schedules
-Maybe a bookcase that stores the evaluation books so that they don't clog up your inventory?

A tack shed within which you can see and/or store any tack that you buy?

Grain silos and windmills.

A greenhouse that grows crops such as tomatoes or pumpkins to supplement your income (could be more useful early-game for new players). Maybe you can also use this to create farm decorations over time, such as the pumpkin decor?

Hitching posts complete with small troughs for water and hay as decorations.

More animals, such as rabbits, dogs, cats, cows, and pigs to go with the lovely goats that we already have.

Crop trees, such as Apple, Apricot, Cherry, Orange, Lemon, etc.

Berry bushes, such as Raspberry, Blackberry, etc.

Flowering bushes/shrubs such as Lilacs and Honeysuckles.

Eco-varieties of the current buildings, where they might have moss or ivy on them? Could offer a cute cottage-core aesthetic. Additionally, pastures with ivy and flowers growing up some of the posts, or perhaps stone/brick fencing instead of wood.

I really like the idea of paths, especially for the overall view of the farm. I'm not sure how that'd be implemented, though.

Speaking of the overall view of the farm, what about a grass ground to show the bounds of where the farm starts and ends rather than just using the background image? At the moment the difference in color with the grassy decorations and the daylight-shifting background is pretty stark, and it feels like things are somewhat floating, if that makes sense. Otherwise, maybe an overlaid layer to color shift the farm buildings and decorations to match the time of day, like the background.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Mon May 20, 2024 6:34 pm

It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 6:34 pm