Community Forum

Information That Is Vaulable

Comment on features or suggest new features for inclusion in the game.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Information That Is Vaulable

Post by BlackOak2 »

Artemis_Acanthus wrote:What feed will be good for which competition?
This topics owner [Little_Cookie771] hasn't been online for awhile. I will answer in their stead.

If you take a look at the temperaments:
Temperaments Needed For Each Competition
high Strung:
Racing
Sprint Racing
Steeplechase
Harness Racing

Spirited:
Pole Bending
Barrel Racing
Driven Dressage

Even:
Cutting
Hunter
Show Jumping
Reining
Cross Country
Obstacle Driving
Marathon Driving

Calm:
Working Ranch
Dressage
Saddle seat

Bombproof:
Log Pull
Western Pleasure
Western Trail
Endurance
It will give you an idea of where you want to be.
Your basics are:
Sugar will raise a temperament.
Fiber will lower it.
Your highest sugar feed is corn and your highest fiber is grass.
So as long as you're working with a discipline that requires a high temperament horse (High Strung) or a discipline that requires a low temperament horse (Bombproof), you need only keep them on corn (high strung) or grass, that's the pasture (bombproof).
The other ones, most horses need to be on a freeze/boarding account or we need to kind of bounce them between feeds and pasture to keep their temperaments where we want. Some horses will change temperaments with each turn used. Others will be much slower with turns that equal a couple months or even a couple years and more to travel through a temperament (from calm to even, as an example).
It depends on the horse and the breeding and the bloodline (yes, it is breedable-for).

As for directly answering your question:
What feed will be good for which competition?
Outside of bombproof or high strung disciplines, it really depends on the horse and how easy they are to maintain. Keep close look on your fiber and sugar intakes, the closer they are to completely even, the less they'll fluctuate between temperaments. What's the best balance? I'm not sure any of us have completely figured that out yet. Because each horse can move through their temperaments differently, it's a difficult process to pin down. :mrgreen: Keep an eye on that fiber and sugar and then keep an eye on how your horse changes temperaments. This is one of the main reasons many of us utilize freeze/board accounts for 'current competitors'.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Mon May 20, 2024 6:13 pm

It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 6:13 pm