Community Forum

Favorite Horse World Online Horses

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Favorite Horse World Online Horses

Post by BlackOak2 »

The most unique Red Dun I've yet to see on this game. She's got flaxen and is probably offered this brilliant brightness by pangare as well, although... I don't really see any indication of pangare.

There is no cream in her line. There is also no indication of pearl either. Her line has thrown some interesting chestnuts in the past, including a couple pseudo-dilutes that appear in the beginning of this topic.

As a newborn:

Now:

ladyoblivion
Visit My Farm

Post by ladyoblivion »

BlackOak2 wrote:
ladyoblivion wrote:Also here are some of my prettiest

(If anyone else could help me with their colors that would be awesome :lol: )
Starlight Splendor is sooty on his rear I think. It seems sooty likes to stand out a little more when combined with Lp. I don't know about him being dun though. I really don't see any indications of that on him or in his line. I'm leaning toward pangare instead. He does have pangare in his line through the blonde-colored generations, back to Oreo Souffle whose grandfather is this fellow:
A gorgeously darkened, chestnut pangare (take a look at his younger pictures in his gallery). He even displays the pangare through the leopard varnish. That's why your bloodline is brilliant, light yellow on their lower legs and almost golden-yellow on their backs. It's a very nice expression.

Varnishing Candy is a sooty silver bay. These ones that have a progressive sooty like this I end up calling pseudo-blacks. There's a couple already posted earlier here.

The last one Silver Ice Oblivion. I agree he's cremello, but I want to say he also has flaxen. Though when they're essentially white-on-white, defining which one it comes from can be difficult at least.

The rest of the colors look good to me. Some nice combinations.

I SO enjoy this favorites topic!

Thank you for all your help! I was guessing dun on Starlight Splendor because his neck has that darkness I thought was a stripe. :lol: I'll go update their colors now. :D

I agree I really love this topic!
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Flaxen chestnut.
Another pseudo-black, this time with red highlights. Very nice outcome.

Note: edited to add, possible halloween chestnut
Last edited by BlackOak2 on Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Chestnut Pangare
Shows that pangare can change feather color.

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

My leopard tarpan project is about making psuedo-leopard or true leopard, bay dun tarpans, so I don't attempt to breed blacks or chestnuts, in fact, I'm trying to breed homozygous black, homozygous bay and at least hetrozygous dun tarpans . However, while breeding out chestnut genes and breeding in double agouti (either A+, A or At) foals, my herd produced this cute, likely double black, dun negative colt. As he grew through his newborn year, I've come to really like him.

But that's not really surprising, I do like cruising Silverine's black leopard stock! :lol:

At birth:

Now:

Look, he even gave me pseudo-coronet bands! If sock and blaze genes come out looking even similar to these, we'll be in for some rather brilliant effects (thus far this game certainly does not disappoint).

ladyoblivion
Visit My Farm

Post by ladyoblivion »

BlackOak2 wrote:My leopard tarpan project is about making psuedo-leopard or true leopard, bay dun tarpans, so I don't attempt to breed blacks or chestnuts, in fact, I'm trying to breed homozygous black, homozygous bay and at least hetrozygous dun tarpans . However, while breeding out chestnut genes and breeding in double agouti (either A+, A or At) foals, my herd produced this cute, likely double black, dun negative colt. As he grew through his newborn year, I've come to really like him.

But that's not really surprising, I do like cruising Silverine's black leopard stock! :lol:

At birth:

Now:

Look, he even gave me pseudo-coronet bands! If sock and blaze genes come out looking even similar to these, we'll be in for some rather brilliant effects (thus far this game certainly does not disappoint).

Too cute!
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

This one isn't so much as a favorite's post as much as it is an aggravation post.

So I've been having trouble with breeding pangare out of my leopard tarpan project and I've come to the conclusion that I somehow bred into my herd a very gentle expression of pangare. So now I have the following pangare seemingly just about everywhere in my herd and spreading... somehow... it's like chickenpox! :roll:

Closer image of the discoloration on the face as a tear-streak down toward the much darker brown on the end of the nose.
Stormchase Stables
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Stormchase Stables »

BlackOak2 wrote:I'm doing this for myself, but anybody is welcome to post. Regardless of whether you own the horse or not, if you like the looks of one for whatever reason, save a linked picture here. Hopefully, we'll also get correct color identifications as well.
Here are a few horses that I think have beautiful colors; and I haven't identified them yet:
*SS* Sugar-Glazed Gold

I love the nearly white color and the feathering! When bred to the right stallion she throws foals with the same coloring.
*SS* The Explorer

His dam in Sugar-Glazed, and as you can see he's the same light color, except he has faint dapples.
*SS* Bittersweet Symphony

Again, Sugar-Glazed's offspring.

To be continued.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Stormchase Stables wrote: Here are a few horses that I think have beautiful colors; and I haven't identified them yet:

I love the nearly white color and the feathering! When bred to the right stallion she throws foals with the same coloring.

His dam in Sugar-Glazed, and as you can see he's the same light color, except he has faint dapples.

To be continued.
It appears your line is double cream champagne. But it has dark eyes, which leaves me with single cream.
The Explorer is on black and also says your line carries silver as well.

I had a mare with similar unique properties.

I finally decided she was a Silver Smoky Classic. She also had snowflakes.

So I think yours are probably the same, either on chestnut or black. Single cream, champagne, no tiger eye with the silver gene.

They are very nice looking pseudo-white drafts.
Stormchase Stables
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Stormchase Stables »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Stormchase Stables wrote: Here are a few horses that I think have beautiful colors; and I haven't identified them yet:

To be continued.
It appears your line is double cream champagne. But it has dark eyes, which leaves me with single cream.
The Explorer is on black and also says your line carries silver as well.

I had a mare with similar unique properties.

I finally decided she was a Silver Smoky Classic. She also had snowflakes.

So I think yours are probably the same, either on chestnut or black. Single cream, champagne, no tiger eye with the silver gene.

They are very nice looking pseudo-white drafts.
Thank you. I was confused because of the Explorer's dapples, all of Sugar-Glazed's other foals don't seem to have it, and they all have the same sire. http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1245479 this is one of her daughters. She's much darker than her parents and siblings, so I thought that she somehow inherited her grandsire's color http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1228101
But then Sugar-Glazed thre this foal: http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1248222
Whose color resembles Classic Champagne. I can't trace it to any horse in her lineage, except this guy http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1024941 but he's like her great-great-great-great-great-great grandsire.
How can two light-colored horses throw a filly like her?
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:22 am

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:22 am