...Just love him :lol:
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Favorite Horse World Online Horses

Post by BlackOak2 »

Very neat expression of tobiano on the forelock of this shetland.
Brown Pangare Tobiano.

Newborn:
Yearling:
Now:

Closeup of head:
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
stickers
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by stickers »

BlackOak2 wrote:Very neat expression of tobiano on the forelock of this shetland.
I love that! There are some really neat white markings on this site and that's definitely one of them.

Don't know if I've posted her before, but this is one of my current favorite girls. I've seen similar horses, but there's just something about how her particular graying has gone over her life that I love. Watching her markings disappear into a uniform silver as she matured, and then slowly reappear as she got old, has been fascinating. I love zooming in to look at the black freckles that are growing larger in her colored areas, and now also the white freckles that are showing up where her spots used to be. I'm curious to see how far it will progress before she finally ages out. ♥

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

stickers wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:Very neat expression of tobiano on the forelock of this shetland.
I love that! There are some really neat white markings on this site and that's definitely one of them.

Don't know if I've posted her before, but this is one of my current favorite girls. I've seen similar horses, but there's just something about how her particular graying has gone over her life that I love. Watching her markings disappear into a uniform silver as she matured, and then slowly reappear as she got old, has been fascinating. I love zooming in to look at the black freckles that are growing larger in her colored areas, and now also the white freckles that are showing up where her spots used to be. I'm curious to see how far it will progress before she finally ages out. ♥
Yes! A very gorgeous rendition of a fleabitten gray. :D

I've seen others like this before, you should see if you can find a double cream or a champagne when they do this (with Lp). It's extremely striking!
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
stickers
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by stickers »

BlackOak2 wrote:...I've seen others like this before, you should see if you can find a double cream or a champagne when they do this (with Lp). It's extremely striking!
Ooo! Yes this has been my prettiest fleabitten girl so far, but I don't think I've seen it on any really dilute horses yet. Sounds very pretty! I'll definitely have to try to find a couple to look at. :D
Lavender Stables
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Lavender Stables »

Here are a few of my favorites!!

Blizzard Strike

Tsunami

Rhythm a Dance

Trick Kinetic

Dante
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Have another!
These tobiano shetlands have some really gorgeous color and print combinations. :D

This one is a silver dapple. The interesting thing is that she's a carrier of pseudo-pangare (that's the false pangare that sometimes appears when silver and black combine). Take a look at the underside, where the print hasn't yet become white.

Newborn = can't even see it on the stomach, in fact, I thought this foal was white throughout the lower section.

2 years = it comes blazing to the eye, here.

And, for better effect, a closeup!
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Meanwhile
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Meanwhile »

BlackOak2 wrote:.
Whoa! What a cool combination of effects! I love flashy Shetlands. This is my new favorite boy. I was hoping for a Shetland with an all-white face... but didn't expect the rest of his spooky coloration! I love how the roaned dilution looks on him with the all-white face and blue eyes. (and he looked even cooler when he was a foal)

Ghost Country
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Meanwhile wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:.
Whoa! What a cool combination of effects! I love flashy Shetlands. This is my new favorite boy. I was hoping for a Shetland with an all-white face... but didn't expect the rest of his spooky coloration! I love how the roaned dilution looks on him with the all-white face and blue eyes. (and he looked even cooler when he was a foal)
Yes! The combinations on this game are really awesome. :lol:

And I agree, your little colt is indeed a bit spooky! :mrgreen:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Meanwhile
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Meanwhile »

Just wanted to stash two interesting expressions of "common" genes. I find joy in the small things, you know? :lol:

Red
It's even more vibrant in his baby pictures, but I am still charmed by the bright red that runs up really far in his mane. I don't think I've seen the effect quite this strong before. Makes me wonder if there's an even more vivid version of this gene, or if this is about as bright as it gets.

Whisperfly

And the other end of the spectrum, she is by far the most pale and ghostly Przewalski I've seen, especially if you look at her baby pictures!! She almost has that dilution look about her. I'm trying to get a similar sibling from her parents, but so far they're all turning out like regular Przes. :roll:
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 09, 2024 1:59 am

It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 1:59 am