RSÆ Sales

Post your horse for sale or horses you are looking to purchase
Malakai10
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: RSÆ Sales

Post by Malakai10 »

Dakotamccurley7 wrote:
mlloftus wrote: You seem to have nice horses, so could I have one? I'm not new but I can pay a decent amount.
same here! If not it's totally fine! Thanks! Sorry to bug you as well!
I currently don't have any horses for sale. I don't sell my racehorses (once we have the option to sterilise the animals, I will.) If you'd like me to, I can breed a draft cross. The first post in this thread deals with the pricing of horses.
Dakotamccurley7
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Dakotamccurley7 »

Malakai10 wrote:
Dakotamccurley7 wrote: same here! If not it's totally fine! Thanks! Sorry to bug you as well!
I currently don't have any horses for sale. I don't sell my racehorses (once we have the option to sterilise the animals, I will.) If you'd like me to, I can breed a draft cross. The first post in this thread deals with the pricing of horses.
That's fine
~Dakota McCurley~
Mlloftus
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Mlloftus »

Malakai10 wrote:
Dakotamccurley7 wrote: same here! If not it's totally fine! Thanks! Sorry to bug you as well!
I would like that, thank you!
Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.
~W.C. Fields
Dakotamccurley7
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Dakotamccurley7 wrote:
Malakai10 wrote: I currently don't have any horses for sale. I don't sell my racehorses (once we have the option to sterilise the animals, I will.) If you'd like me to, I can breed a draft cross. The first post in this thread deals with the pricing of horses.
That's fine
Can you breed 2 of my hordes and train that foal? And how do you get such high HGP ?
~Dakota McCurley~
Malakai10
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Malakai10 »

Dakotamccurley7 wrote:
Dakotamccurley7 wrote: That's fine
Can you breed 2 of my hordes and train that foal? And how do you get such high HGP ?
Which two horses?

The easiest way to get high HGP is to breed your horse to ones that already have a high GP. What you need to do is look at all of the foals you get in a year and see what the range is - if your herd has a fairly consistent GP and are not too inbred nor have too low a COI, you should get a range of 3 000 - 4 000, fillies usually have a GP that is lower than a colt's by 3 000. For example, most of my fillies this year were 62 000 to 63 000 - let's say about 50%. 20% were 61 000 - 62 000; 5% were under 61 000; 20% were 63 000 - 64 000 and 5% were over 64 000. Any filly with less than 63 000 was immediately deleted. The colts ranged from 63 000 to 68 000, anything under 66 000 is deleted. Only keep the 'top 25%' HGP (do note that's the number is most likely not actually 25%, I simply use that for ease of Maths.)

However, you will end up shooting yourself in the foot if you only breed for HGP. Breed to have no negative comments first, competition ability and conformation second and HGP last. For ideal conformation, look at the current record holders' conformation. Don't inbreed too much, try to keep the COI less than 100.

Personally, I would ask Bitapetrone for breeding advice. I'm fairly certain that they've had record holders in all disciplines.
Malakai10
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Malakai10 »

mlloftus wrote:
Malakai10 wrote: I currently don't have any horses for sale. I don't sell my racehorses (once we have the option to sterilise the animals, I will.) If you'd like me to, I can breed a draft cross. The first post in this thread deals with the pricing of horses.
Sure.
Dakotamccurley7
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Malakai10 wrote:
Dakotamccurley7 wrote: Can you breed 2 of my hordes and train that foal? And how do you get such high HGP ?
Which two horses?

The easiest way to get high HGP is to breed your horse to ones that already have a high GP. What you need to do is look at all of the foals you get in a year and see what the range is - if your herd has a fairly consistent GP and are not too inbred nor have too low a COI, you should get a range of 3 000 - 4 000, fillies usually have a GP that is lower than a colt's by 3 000. For example, most of my fillies this year were 62 000 to 63 000 - let's say about 50%. 20% were 61 000 - 62 000; 5% were under 61 000; 20% were 63 000 - 64 000 and 5% were over 64 000. Any filly with less than 63 000 was immediately deleted. The colts ranged from 63 000 to 68 000, anything under 66 000 is deleted. Only keep the 'top 25%' HGP (do note that's the number is most likely not actually 25%, I simply use that for ease of Maths.)

However, you will end up shooting yourself in the foot if you only breed for HGP. Breed to have no negative comments first, competition ability and conformation second and HGP last. For ideal conformation, look at the current record holders' conformation. Don't inbreed too much, try to keep the COI less than 100.

Personally, I would ask Bitapetrone for breeding advice. I'm fairly certain that they've had record holders in all disciplines.
OK thank you. Let me find some horses
~Dakota McCurley~
Malakai10
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Malakai10 »

mlloftus wrote:
Possible stallions do remember that the stallion's stud fee is included in the foal's price (click on the picture to take you to the horse's page):

Possible mares:
https://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/132126
Dakotamccurley7
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Malakai10 wrote:
mlloftus wrote: I would like that, thank you!
Possible stallions do remember that the stallion's stud fee is included in the foal's price (click on the picture to take you to the horse's page):

Possible mares:
Thank you! I have my stud https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2223569
I'm trying to find a TB mare now
~Dakota McCurley~
Mlloftus
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Mlloftus »

Malakai10 wrote:
mlloftus wrote: I would like that, thank you!

Possible mares:
I would like https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1027310 and https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2473773
Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.
~W.C. Fields
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Mon May 06, 2024 6:51 pm

It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 6:51 pm