Community Forum

Kind of white/ish

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Re: Kind of white/ish

Post by Nazarach »

So, another from this line - though he is not exactly what I'm looking for...
Quiet Godling

So far I'd guess his coding something along the lines of E_ A/a Ch/n n/prl (the pale freckles for Ch/n; one A from his sire; definitly a and n/prl from his dam - as for the rest I'm not too sure...)

Problem is, he seems to have a white/silver mane when there is not really anything in his line that should have silver... is it because he is still young and the mane will darken with age or does the seemingly white come from genes like an additional Cr or something?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Kind of white/ish

Post by BlackOak2 »

Nazarach wrote:So, another from this line - though he is not exactly what I'm looking for...

So far I'd guess his coding something along the lines of E_ A/a Ch/n n/prl (the pale freckles for Ch/n; one A from his sire; definitly a and n/prl from his dam - as for the rest I'm not too sure...)

Problem is, he seems to have a white/silver mane when there is not really anything in his line that should have silver... is it because he is still young and the mane will darken with age or does the seemingly white come from genes like an additional Cr or something?
This one... I'm not sure it's a chestnut base. If it is, it's likely flaxen, which easily hides under any other color but chestnut, then must be doubled because it's a recessive gene.

I'm thinking this is likely a smoky black pearl and the 'silvering' of the mane is actually the Lp gene expressing itself.
However, I've been away for awhile and I could be wrong.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 3:29 am

It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 3:29 am