Community Forum

Free Writing Contest Held by Kamichi Stables!(CLOSED)

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
Jardine_Horses
Visit My Farm

Re: Free Writing Contest Held by Kamichi Stables!

Post by Jardine_Horses »

!!!)

Seize the Moments
Written by Riley Jardine
Why are we here? Have any of you ever asked that question? Have any of you just felt like there is no purpose in life. Like if the only reason we are here is to suffer then why are we here at all. Did we have a choice? It’s not fair. Why am I suffering, why are we suffering. Most people’s goal in life is to succeed then why aren’t we? What have I ever done to deserve this much persecution? All he did was love his family and protect them. That could have been me… Why wasn’t it me? Why must he suffer while I am alive and well? What makes him different than me?

“Megan!” I sighed as wiped away the silent tears that were streaming down my face.I shut my laptop, that I was using to post a new blog, and slowly trudged out of the room. I paused in the hall way, time to slip on my mask. I checked the mirror. One thing I was fortunate enough to inherit was pretty crying. My face wasn’t all red and splotchy, in fact the only thing that showed signs that I had been crying was my slightly puffy eyes. If I smiled big enough maybe she wouldn’t notice.

“Hey mom!” I pasted on a grin as I walked in. It didn’t matter if I felt happy or not, she needed a smile, and sometimes you have to play the song the crowd wants to sing too. She looked back at me appreciatively, “Will you put these groceries away? I think I am going to visit your father.”

“Yah, I’ve got it. You can just leave now if you want,” I said while trying to swallow down the lump I got in my throat when she said my father’s name. Once again I thought, Why did it have to be him? I moved swiftly into the kitchen and started putting the groceries away. Again, Mom gave my a thankful glance. “I do believe you are the most understanding girl alive. Your father and I are so lucky to have you.”

“Thanks Mom,” I said because I wasn’t sure what else you could say to that. I focused on making sure I didn’t drop the eggs I was holding, partially because dropping them would be bad, but mostly because I didn’t want to tear up in front of my mom when she needed my strength. I also know that if I start crying I won’t be able to stop. It wasn’t until I heard the front door close that I let the river of tears spring up.

I quickly put the rest of the groceries away and ran outside to the only place in the world that felt like home anymore. Home should feel safe and comforting, but my ‘home’ wasn’t a house, it was a barn. I raced towards the familiar heavy wood doors and slowed down as I neared Widgets stall. He snorted out a chilled breath. He was the only thing I had left in this upside-down world of mine.

“Oh Widget, I don’t think I can do this anymore.” My voice broke. How was I supposed to stay strong when I felt nothing like it. I shut the stall door behind me and laid down beside Widget and leaned against him. He was warm and comforting, about the only thing that was any more. Stupid Cancer. Why did you have to ruin everything I had?

The last thing I remember was burying my face is Widget’s brown coat and crying until I could scarcely breathe. I must have cried myself to sleep, because I was suddenly awoken by a melodious tone and vibrating. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and wiped off my face which was now covered in horse hair pasted on with salty tears. I looked down at the screen and felt my heart stop. It was my mother calling.Please help me be strong, this can not be good.

“Hello?”
“Megan?”
“Yah, I’m here mom. What’s wrong?” Even though I tried to control it, my voice trembled. The next words that came out of the phone took painstakingly long to register. Could it be true? The words echoed in my ear, “Megan, your father has been cleared. They think that they stopped the spread.”

I dropped my phone as I heard, “Your father is going to live.”
143)!
LlamaLlama99
Visit My Farm

Post by LlamaLlama99 »

My story-
Queen was a beautiful horse. She was a bright cherry bay, with a thick black mane, long tail, two long socks on her back legs and a thin blaze. Although, her personality wasn’t all that beautiful. She was stubborn, snobby and a massive diva. To be honest, she liked it that way and wouldn’t want to change it.
Queen was the average school horse, trotting around in a dusty old arena with a child digging her heels in Queen’s belly. She was of champion blood but no one seemed to think she was of any use apart from being bossed around in the school. She wasn’t used much because of her high-strung and fiery personality, some gave up after a while but most just didn’t even bother trying. She liked it that way. People left her alone, no one would annoy her.
She woke up feeling exhausted. She was already dreading her day ahead. Hours of circling round and round and round. The volunteers came to the yard to tack up and Queen was looking out for her tack. A girl with long brown hair and innocent, brilliant blue eyes came towards her. The girl looked friendly, and warm not like the others who where aggressive, and impatient. The girl put the tack on Queens stable door and went I with her. She carefully placed the black saddle pad on her back and made sure it was not going to rub on her. Queen was surprised by the fact that she didn’t just throw it on wonkily. The girl put her saddle on her back and tightened the girth. She squealed, alerting the girl. She then loosened the girth and comforted her. "what is going on. No ones ever this nice!?" Queen thought. The girl then placed the bit at Queens mouth telling her to take it. Queen put her head up as high as she could forcing the girl to move back. Queen grunted and circled round her stable frightening the girl. "Sssh... steady, it's ok!" Eventually, Queen calmed down and the girl went back in. She placed the bt at her mouth again and ths time Queen took it. The girl then did the noseband and throatlash. "What am I doing? Usually, she would have had a broken bone by now!" Queen thought to herself confused by her actions. The girl then lead her to the big blue trailer that sat in the parking lot. She was put in the spacious trailer and closed the door. With a big rumble they set off, giving Queen a massive fright.

It seemed to be hours since they left the stables. Queen was deeply confused and regretful about all of this. "I shouldn't have trusted that girl, no matter how nice she was." She thought full of sadness. The whole situation was extremely preplexing for her. She looked out the small window into the vast distance. There were feilds full of animals. Horses, sheep, goat, cattle and even some llamas. The grass was an emerald green and the sky was a beautiful sapphire blue. It was beautiful. With a screach the vehicle stopped. The door openedd and Queen was lead out. Strangely, she was extremely excited to see her majestic barn and graze on beautiful lucsious green grass. She took one cautious step out the trailer onto the beige brick pavement and she was off! She glared at the beautiful surroundings imaganing her bright future. When they got to her stable her jaw dropped. Not in a good way. It was definetly a record scratch worthy moment. Queens stable was a wreck. It was a dirty, driftwood stable with a door that seemed to be able to fall off from the clip and a clop of a hoof. She grunted in huge dissapointment. "I know girl, not that great huh, we'll get you a new stable as soon as possible though! It'll be great!" The girl said enthusiasticaly. "I deserve more than this! I deserve the best! I demand it! I demand it!" She groaned knowing the girl will have only the slightest idea of what she said. She entered her stable cautiously making sure nothing would fall apart and stood there a while. She thought about why she was moved here, what she was doing here and mostly why she was in the shack and not anyone else!
She quickly snacked on the pile of dusty haylage in the corner of her stable and then the girl came back. "Hey girl! Ready to get you brand new tack on and go out for the first time here? I sure am!" The girl said. She put on her vibrant, azure jacket with white letters speeling out 'Jazz' on the back. "Now Jazzy's gonna go get your tack for you!" Jazz siad enthusiasticaly. Queen stepped to the side letting Jazz go into her shack-like stable. Jazz placed Queens black leather saddle on her back and her bright red numnah. Queen, this time took the bit with only a slight feeling of hesitation. Jazz double checked everything and led her out to the big brick path where the mounting blocks where. Jazz put her foot in the stirrup and careully mounted Queen. Jazz gave her a small squeeze and Queen walked forward towards the big forest. "Nice and steady girl, whatever makes you feel comfortable," Jazz said with a comforting tone. Queen went into a forward trot giving Jazz a fright. "You ready? We'll go for a canter and we can go for a gallop whenever you're ready!" Jazz said slightly shook from how speedy Queen can be. They turned the corner then Jazz went into sitting trot telling Queen to go into a canter. She had a nice and forward canter then they were prearing for a gallop. "You want to go for a gallop? I do!" Jazz whispered to Queen. Queen whinnied enthusiastically telling Jazz she's ready. They turnedthe corner going into a faster canter until another horse came galloping towards them! Queen skidded on the dirt path nearly crashing into the other horse. Queen looked up and saw a tall, muscular, amber champagne stallion standing before her. "Sorry about that!" He chuckled with a slightly hoarse but soothing voice. "I-it's ok! Its cool, cool coo coo cool!" Queen stuttered like a complete idiot. "You're a funny one ya know!" The stallion said. "They seem to be hitting off!" Jazz said with a chuckle. "Caspar's always been a charming stallion!" Caspars rider said. "Just like you! I mean the moon! The moons sooooo um... romantic! Right Jax?!" Jazz said hating herself then. "Better go then. See ya at the yard later!" Jax said slightly awkwardly. "Bye then! Hope to see you soon!" Said Caspar smiling. "Yeah! B-Bye! Queen Stuttered. Queen and Jazz then walked off still annoyed for making a fool of themselves. "You'll like Jax and Caspar. They're lovely, and amazing and..." Jazz trailed off embarrassing herself further. Queen wasn't any different though. She was walking on air! "Wow, I never knew anyone can be so perfect!" Said Queen fluttering off into the heavens. "Get a grip!" Both Jazz and Queen said to themselves ddetermined to stay on the surface of the earth.
They had returned from thier hack and headed to the field. Queen had her brand new red rug on and a matching padded halter. She stepped into the luscious, emerald green grass ready to be devoured by her. She ooked around the herd of horses big and small. Out of all of them there was one that stood out the most. Caspar. What isn't there to love about him? she thought. Queen trotted over exitedly. "Hi Caspar! How was the rest of your hack?" Queen asked cheerfully. A Flaxen red dun mare with a fancy blue rug came in barged in front of her. "You know Caspar is mine, we're in love and he'd never want to be with a mare like you!" she whispered harshly. "Calm down I oly just met him!" Queen said backsurprisingly chilled. Caspar walked over in his black rug and halter. "Hey Queen! You okay? I see you've met Gracie!" Caspar said blissfully unaware of the situation. "Yeah! I I just knw we're gonna be besties!" Gracie said obviously lying. "Can you come with me for a second Queen?" Caspar said "Of course!" Queen said rubbing it in Gracies face. "Do you want me to come Cas?" Gracie said desperately. "Just me and Queen Gracie." Caspar said fed up. They walked off into the miniature forest. "So what'd you want to talk about?" Asked Queen curiously. "The owner of the farm is up to no good. I can feel it," Caspar muttered anxiously. "How do you know that? What is he going to do?" Queen said worriedly. "I saw him take a halter and leadrope and he was saying he'll get a great deal of money when selling something." Caspar said worried. "But he might just be selling a tractor or something," Queen said trying to be positive. "Yes, but that's not all. He described you perfectly. You have champion bloodlines and you're a purebred therefore you're wrth alot of money." Caspar said concerned. "You mean, he wants to sell me?! But Jazz wouldn't let him do that!" Queen exlaimed! "The owner of this place is Jazz's father. He has power over her, he can do what he wants to do." Queen started to pant. She loved it here, Jazz was so nice, she loved the lucsious green grass and the beautiful meadow. She didn't want to leave. She had never been so happy.
The next day, Caspar came up with a plan. "Are you sure this'll work?" Queen asked. "Positive." Caspar said winking at Queen. "Look they're coming! Quick!" Caspar exclaimed. Caspar lied down and started to groan. Queen whinnied grabbing attention. Jazz, her dad and another mysterious woman dressed in fancy equestrian wear, rushed towards them. "Caspar! What's wrong?" Jazz exclaimed in shock and fear. "I'll check him," Jazz's dad said while bending down to Caspar. Caspar and Queen backed away pretending to fear him. "They're afraid of you!" Said the mystery woman. "Nonsense! Don't be silly!" he snapped. "I happen to be an equine vet and an expert in horse behavior," She said offended. "Well it doesn't seem like it! You're not acting expertly for accusing me for this crazy horses' actions!" He barked. Jazz's dad moved closer once again making Queen and Caspar Move back groaning. "You try Jazz! That'll prove it's not my fault! They'll do exactly the same," He said pushing Jazz towards the horses. Jazz stepped forward quietly and bent down to Caspar. They stayed put. Jazz's dad had a mix of anger and astonishment plastered on his face. "David Canterbury, I will have to report you under suspistion of animal cruelty." said the woman. "You wouldn't dare! I have three times more money than you I could get the best lawyer in the country!" He yelled. "You can but it's my job to do the best for the animals in my community. I think this is for the best." she said nervously. "Daddy, just why Why would you be so horrible! I just can't!" Jazz said dissapointed. Jazz's dad was a horrible man, selfish, cruel and mean. Though even Queen felt bad for doing it. She would repeat "it's all for the best!" over, and over, and over to try and comfort her. Jazz's father stormed off the woman followed leaving Jazz kneeling down next to Caspar. "It's all gonna be okay!" Jazz said forcing herself to smile at them while her eyes where bloodshot from the tears. Caspar looked at Queen forming butterflies in Queens stomach.
After, Jazz's dad was charged with animal cruelty restraining him from the yard. Leaving Jazz to run the farm and her helpers. Queen started eventing finally happy that somebody recognised her abilities outside the arena. "How are you feeling? I feel bad though it still seemed like the right thing to do for everyone." Caspar said sympathetically. "I understand perfectly, like when you rip you're rug becuase it totally clashes with you're coat and keep on repeating the cycle until you're satisfied! Cause you want to look you're best but you feel bad for 'wasting time'," Caspar stared at Queen confused at the whole subject. "You really are one of a kind Queen!" Caspar said rubbing his head on Queens. Queen burst out in joy! She had never been so happy. Gracie had also been kind to her after. They complained together, and gossiped. They were very alike. Jazz was working loads but as she said "If you don't work for it you'll get nowhere!". Everything was finally going their way.

Dear Jazz,
Come to the river ASAP. You know who's coming back and he means business. He's bigger and better this year, you need you're best horse to win. He's got an endurance champion this year so he could out run you in mere seconds before you even get a chance. Come with you're racer and we'll get you a win for sure this year. He's gonna play dirty like every year but two can play that game. Bronze is going down!
Sincerely,
WG

Cast-

Queen - http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1236520
Caspar - http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1237836
Bronze - http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1006516
Gracie - http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1240611

Last edited by LlamaLlama99 on Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kamichi Stables
Visit My Farm

Post by Kamichi Stables »

Jardine_Horses wrote:!!!)

Seize the Moments
Written by Riley Jardine
Why are we here? Have any of you ever asked that question? Have any of you just felt like there is no purpose in life. Like if the only reason we are here is to suffer then why are we here at all. Did we have a choice? It’s not fair. Why am I suffering, why are we suffering. Most people’s goal in life is to succeed then why aren’t we? What have I ever done to deserve this much persecution? All he did was love his family and protect them. That could have been me… Why wasn’t it me? Why must he suffer while I am alive and well? What makes him different than me?

“Megan!” I sighed as wiped away the silent tears that were streaming down my face.I shut my laptop, that I was using to post a new blog, and slowly trudged out of the room. I paused in the hall way, time to slip on my mask. I checked the mirror. One thing I was fortunate enough to inherit was pretty crying. My face wasn’t all red and splotchy, in fact the only thing that showed signs that I had been crying was my slightly puffy eyes. If I smiled big enough maybe she wouldn’t notice.

“Hey mom!” I pasted on a grin as I walked in. It didn’t matter if I felt happy or not, she needed a smile, and sometimes you have to play the song the crowd wants to sing too. She looked back at me appreciatively, “Will you put these groceries away? I think I am going to visit your father.”

“Yah, I’ve got it. You can just leave now if you want,” I said while trying to swallow down the lump I got in my throat when she said my father’s name. Once again I thought, Why did it have to be him? I moved swiftly into the kitchen and started putting the groceries away. Again, Mom gave my a thankful glance. “I do believe you are the most understanding girl alive. Your father and I are so lucky to have you.”

“Thanks Mom,” I said because I wasn’t sure what else you could say to that. I focused on making sure I didn’t drop the eggs I was holding, partially because dropping them would be bad, but mostly because I didn’t want to tear up in front of my mom when she needed my strength. I also know that if I start crying I won’t be able to stop. It wasn’t until I heard the front door close that I let the river of tears spring up.

I quickly put the rest of the groceries away and ran outside to the only place in the world that felt like home anymore. Home should feel safe and comforting, but my ‘home’ wasn’t a house, it was a barn. I raced towards the familiar heavy wood doors and slowed down as I neared Widgets stall. He snorted out a chilled breath. He was the only thing I had left in this upside-down world of mine.

“Oh Widget, I don’t think I can do this anymore.” My voice broke. How was I supposed to stay strong when I felt nothing like it. I shut the stall door behind me and laid down beside Widget and leaned against him. He was warm and comforting, about the only thing that was any more. Stupid Cancer. Why did you have to ruin everything I had?

The last thing I remember was burying my face is Widget’s brown coat and crying until I could scarcely breathe. I must have cried myself to sleep, because I was suddenly awoken by a melodious tone and vibrating. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and wiped off my face which was now covered in horse hair pasted on with salty tears. I looked down at the screen and felt my heart stop. It was my mother calling.Please help me be strong, this can not be good.

“Hello?”
“Megan?”
“Yah, I’m here mom. What’s wrong?” Even though I tried to control it, my voice trembled. The next words that came out of the phone took painstakingly long to register. Could it be true? The words echoed in my ear, “Megan, your father has been cleared. They think that they stopped the spread.”

143)!
Could you link the horse?
Kamichi Stables
Visit My Farm

Judging begins in 5 hours!! Enter now, before you can't!
Kamichi Stables
Visit My Farm

TabbyWelch wrote:!!!)
For as long as Aria had been alive, she had wanted a horse. Aria had always dreamed of galloping down fields and valleys on a stunning horse of her own. She lived with her adoptive parents, since her biological parents had abandoned her on the side of the road as a baby.As a child, she had always been adventurous; she loved to test the boundaries and live on the wild side however her parents would never let her look after her own horse since they believed that she would lose interest in it and the poor horse would become neglected. You see, Aria and her family lived on a farm. The fields were filled with tedious cows that would stare at Aria with their large tired chestnut eyes. Whenever Aria would ask her mother for a horse, Fran would simply reply, "The cows are enough, prove that you can take on a horse of your own and then we'll have this conversation." Aria had tried to connect with the mare that her parents had bought for the barn, she even named her Summer; but the mare was sometimes unfriendly and Aria was not able to ride her since her parents would never allow her.

One bright morning, Aria finished collecting the chickens' eggs and decided to stop round her friend Nova's house. Nova herself was arrogant and liked to boast about the many rosettes and trophies she had earned with her various horses, but Aria would spend her time watching Nova's horse Jackson in the field. Jackson was 15.1hh Buckskin Stallion who had competed in many different competitions and shows. He had a wonderful little tail that would flick about when he show jumped. "I wish I had a horse, you're so lucky Nova." Aria would tell her constantly and Nova would smirk as usual with the old, "You'll get your own horse one day probably. Or you can have one of my old mares."

but Aria didn't want any old horse, she wanted a horse that stood out. As Aria cycled home, she tried to keep in the tears that glistened by her eyes. It was hard to be surrounded by people who didn't appreciate what they had. When she reached home she decided to prove to her parents that she could look after a horse. Aria put on her boots and trampled through the dry mud to the barn. Summer snorted when she saw the approaching girl, she was sick of Aria trying to change her into a horse that she wasn't. Aria had always tried to ride her as a child, because she wished that she had her own competitive horse but when Aria approached her this time, it was almost as if Summer knew that she wouldn't try to force her this time. Aria reached towards her slowly, stroking down her forehead. Summer started to calm down and stop kicking down her hoof onto the ground. "Good girl, Summer!" Aria encouraged her.
"Well done, Aria. She seems really peaceful now." Her father, Martin told her; he had been resting against the side of the barn. Aria beamed back at him, her hair in a sleek brown ponytail. Her eyes were an icy blue.

Later that afternoon, Aria poured gravy over the neat stack of chopped orange carrots on her plate. "So we've been thinking, and we've decided that we would like to purchase a new horse. It was going to be a stallion for your mother as a present, but we've decided that maybe you can take ownership IF and only IF, we start to see you taking more interest in helping out." Martin smiled whilst holding Fran's hand.
"Are you serious?!" Aria yelled, overjoyed. It was the moment she had been waiting for her whole life, she could picture it now: Riding a stunning stallion with expensive tack, his perfect movement hypnotizing the hundreds of thousands of people who had traveled to see the famous stallion and his owner.

Aria's Mother took off the blindfold, revealing a Red Dun stallion with a beautiful shaggy mane and long silky tail. Aria ran over, she gasped at his beautiful features. "He's the most beautiful thing I have ever seen!" Aria felt happy tears creeping up but she blinked them away. "You can name him." Fran smiled at her ecstatic daughter. Fran had her short blonde hair in a short low ponytail and she also was blinking away tears that started to appear in her blue eyes. "What about, hmm...? Phoenix?" Aria suggested, Phoenix whinnied and tossed his head happily and Aria giggled. "Perfect." Martin laughed along with her.

It wasn't long before Aria and Phoenix were training, hard. They would spend up until sunset training with ground poles, trotting poles, Cross rail jumps and riding through courses that Aria had spent time setting out. After weeks of hard work, sweat, gaining trust, failures and successes; Aria entered herself and Phoenix into a local show and she almost cried happily when they came second. Nothing could be better, slowly they would work their way up to the top as a pair. Martin and Fran were so proud of the two and never regretted their decision to buy Phoenix.

Then there came the day. Aria woke up early and raided the fridge for carrots to give to Phoenix and Summer. She skipped to the barn but when she looked around, Phoenix was no where to be seen. Summer snorted and stamped her hoof against the ground, she looked agitated and restless. Then she realized that the gate was wide opened and ran outside. "Phoenix!? Where are you?!" Weeks past by, and Phoenix was nowhere to be seen. Everybody knew about lost Phoenix, the poor stolen stallion who had once had so much potential but no one knew where he had gone. Fran and Martin could barely cope seeing their daughter so depressed, it seemed that nothing would cheer her up.

So they bought Champ, their only hope of cheering up Aria. Champ was a graying Arabian stallion, with tiger eyes and the sweetest personality. Aria never wanted to continue show jumping as it felt like giving up on ever finding Phoenix. But she loved Champ now and she started to heal, everything started to feel alright again. When she cried, he was always there sitting patiently in the barn to comfort her. Champ was her savior in a way. Years went past and she grew to move on and heal, it would never be the same without Phoenix but nothing could be done to help.

And then an email arrived in Martin's inbox. It read:

Dear Aria Wilkerson

It seems that we have found your stallion, Phoenix. He was abandoned at our farm after the horse thieves were suspected and wanted to rid themselves of him. Would you like us to bring him over?

Sincerely yours,

Richard Parker

Briar Hollow - Find your horse!

So a girl who had been dumped as a baby, found her long lost competitive horse and took great care of her other two. "Anyone from anywhere can do anything." Aria had quoted as she held up her trophy, while Nova watched from her large television set. Her mouth in a perfect "O".
143)
Grading:
Story line: 40/50 - I liked your story, the only problem I felt there was, was that you could have left it with her getting her own horse and she was happy. With adding a second act, it seemed the story was a bit muddled.
Originality: 50/50 - Never read a story quite like this one! It made me happy, then sad, then happy again.
Characters/Horses(links): 50/50 - plenty of characters and horses.
Length of Story: 50/50 I like hows long you made your story.
Bonus Points: 25 - I noticed that you added the codes after you posted, so I won't give you credit for them, but I liked how you used your farms name in the story.
Kamichi Stables
Visit My Farm

Jardine_Horses wrote:!!!)

Seize the Moments
Written by Riley Jardine

“Hello?”
“Megan?”

143)!
Grading:
Story line: 50/50 - I like how you made it seem like everything would fall apart, but in the end everything ended being okay.
Originality: 50/50 - This was a very original story that made me feel like crying, but it showed the truth about life.
Characters/Horses(links): 30/50 - You did not link the horse, but you had very realistic characters.
Length of Story: 50/50 - Had a very good length.
Bonus Points: 40 - You put in the codes, and I felt that by including a disease that made the conflict made the story stronger.
Kamichi Stables
Visit My Farm

LlamaLlama99 wrote:My story-
Queen was a beautiful horse. She was a bright cherry bay, with a thick black mane, long tail, two long socks on her back legs and a thin blaze. Although, her personality wasn’t all that beautiful. She was stubborn, snobby and a massive diva. To be honest, she liked it that way and wouldn’t want to change it.
Queen was the average school horse, trotting around in a dusty old arena with a child digging her heels in Queen’s belly. She was of champion blood but no one seemed to think she was of any use apart from being bossed around in the school. She wasn’t used much because of her high-strung and fiery personality, some gave up after a while but most just didn’t even bother trying. She liked it that way. People left her alone, no one would annoy her.
She woke up feeling exhausted. She was already dreading her day ahead. Hours of circling round and round and round. The volunteers came to the yard to tack up and Queen was looking out for her tack. A girl with long brown hair and innocent, brilliant blue eyes came towards her. The girl looked friendly, and warm not like the others who where aggressive, and impatient. The girl put the tack on Queens stable door and went I with her. She carefully placed the black saddle pad on her back and made sure it was not going to rub on her. Queen was surprised by the fact that she didn’t just throw it on wonkily. The girl put her saddle on her back and tightened the girth. She squealed, alerting the girl. She then loosened the girth and comforted her. "what is going on. No ones ever this nice!?" Queen thought. The girl then placed the bit at Queens mouth telling her to take it. Queen put her head up as high as she could forcing the girl to move back. Queen grunted and circled round her stable frightening the girl. "Sssh... steady, it's ok!" Eventually, Queen calmed down and the girl went back in. She placed the bt at her mouth again and ths time Queen took it. The girl then did the noseband and throatlash. "What am I doing? Usually, she would have had a broken bone by now!" Queen thought to herself confused by her actions. The girl then lead her to the big blue trailer that sat in the parking lot. She was put in the spacious trailer and closed the door. With a big rumble they set off, giving Queen a massive fright.

It seemed to be hours since they left the stables. Queen was deeply confused and regretful about all of this. "I shouldn't have trusted that girl, no matter how nice she was." She thought full of sadness. The whole situation was extremely preplexing for her. She looked out the small window into the vast distance. There were feilds full of animals. Horses, sheep, goat, cattle and even some llamas. The grass was an emerald green and the sky was a beautiful sapphire blue. It was beautiful. With a screach the vehicle stopped. The door openedd and Queen was lead out. Strangely, she was extremely excited to see her majestic barn and graze on beautiful lucsious green grass. She took one cautious step out the trailer onto the beige brick pavement and she was off! She glared at the beautiful surroundings imaganing her bright future. When they got to her stable her jaw dropped. Not in a good way. It was definetly a record scratch worthy moment. Queens stable was a wreck. It was a dirty, driftwood stable with a door that seemed to be able to fall off from the clip and a clop of a hoof. She grunted in huge dissapointment. "I know girl, not that great huh, we'll get you a new stable as soon as possible though! It'll be great!" The girl said enthusiasticaly. "I deserve more than this! I deserve the best! I demand it! I demand it!" She groaned knowing the girl will have only the slightest idea of what she said. She entered her stable cautiously making sure nothing would fall apart and stood there a while. She thought about why she was moved here, what she was doing here and mostly why she was in the shack and not anyone else!
She quickly snacked on the pile of dusty haylage in the corner of her stable and then the girl came back. "Hey girl! Ready to get you brand new tack on and go out for the first time here? I sure am!" The girl said. She put on her vibrant, azure jacket with white letters speeling out 'Jazz' on the back. "Now Jazzy's gonna go get your tack for you!" Jazz siad enthusiasticaly. Queen stepped to the side letting Jazz go into her shack-like stable. Jazz placed Queens black leather saddle on her back and her bright red numnah. Queen, this time took the bit with only a slight feeling of hesitation. Jazz double checked everything and led her out to the big brick path where the mounting blocks where. Jazz put her foot in the stirrup and careully mounted Queen. Jazz gave her a small squeeze and Queen walked forward towards the big forest. "Nice and steady girl, whatever makes you feel comfortable," Jazz said with a comforting tone. Queen went into a forward trot giving Jazz a fright. "You ready? We'll go for a canter and we can go for a gallop whenever you're ready!" Jazz said slightly shook from how speedy Queen can be. They turned the corner then Jazz went into sitting trot telling Queen to go into a canter. She had a nice and forward canter then they were prearing for a gallop. "You want to go for a gallop? I do!" Jazz whispered to Queen. Queen whinnied enthusiastically telling Jazz she's ready. They turnedthe corner going into a faster canter until another horse came galloping towards them! Queen skidded on the dirt path nearly crashing into the other horse. Queen looked up and saw a tall, muscular, amber champagne stallion standing before her. "Sorry about that!" He chuckled with a slightly hoarse but soothing voice. "I-it's ok! Its cool, cool coo coo cool!" Queen stuttered like a complete idiot. "You're a funny one ya know!" The stallion said. "They seem to be hitting off!" Jazz said with a chuckle. "Caspar's always been a charming stallion!" Caspars rider said. "Just like you! I mean the moon! The moons sooooo um... romantic! Right Jax?!" Jazz said hating herself then. "Better go then. See ya at the yard later!" Jax said slightly awkwardly. "Bye then! Hope to see you soon!" Said Caspar smiling. "Yeah! B-Bye! Queen Stuttered. Queen and Jazz then walked off still annoyed for making a fool of themselves. "You'll like Jax and Caspar. They're lovely, and amazing and..." Jazz trailed off embarrassing herself further. Queen wasn't any different though. She was walking on air! "Wow, I never knew anyone can be so perfect!" Said Queen fluttering off into the heavens. "Get a grip!" Both Jazz and Queen said to themselves ddetermined to stay on the surface of the earth.
They had returned from thier hack and headed to the field. Queen had her brand new red rug on and a matching padded halter. She stepped into the luscious, emerald green grass ready to be devoured by her. She ooked around the herd of horses big and small. Out of all of them there was one that stood out the most. Caspar. What isn't there to love about him? she thought. Queen trotted over exitedly. "Hi Caspar! How was the rest of your hack?" Queen asked cheerfully. A Flaxen red dun mare with a fancy blue rug came in barged in front of her. "You know Caspar is mine, we're in love and he'd never want to be with a mare like you!" she whispered harshly. "Calm down I oly just met him!" Queen said backsurprisingly chilled. Caspar walked over in his black rug and halter. "Hey Queen! You okay? I see you've met Gracie!" Caspar said blissfully unaware of the situation. "Yeah! I I just knw we're gonna be besties!" Gracie said obviously lying. "Can you come with me for a second Queen?" Caspar said "Of course!" Queen said rubbing it in Gracies face. "Do you want me to come Cas?" Gracie said desperately. "Just me and Queen Gracie." Caspar said fed up. They walked off into the miniature forest. "So what'd you want to talk about?" Asked Queen curiously. "The owner of the farm is up to no good. I can feel it," Caspar muttered anxiously. "How do you know that? What is he going to do?" Queen said worriedly. "I saw him take a halter and leadrope and he was saying he'll get a great deal of money when selling something." Caspar said worried. "But he might just be selling a tractor or something," Queen said trying to be positive. "Yes, but that's not all. He described you perfectly. You have champion bloodlines and you're a purebred therefore you're wrth alot of money." Caspar said concerned. "You mean, he wants to sell me?! But Jazz wouldn't let him do that!" Queen exlaimed! "The owner of this place is Jazz's father. He has power over her, he can do what he wants to do." Queen started to pant. She loved it here, Jazz was so nice, she loved the lucsious green grass and the beautiful meadow. She didn't want to leave. She had never been so happy.
The next day, Caspar came up with a plan. "Are you sure this'll work?" Queen asked. "Positive." Caspar said winking at Queen. "Look they're coming! Quick!" Caspar exclaimed. Caspar lied down and started to groan. Queen whinnied grabbing attention. Jazz, her dad and another mysterious woman dressed in fancy equestrian wear, rushed towards them. "Caspar! What's wrong?" Jazz exclaimed in shock and fear. "I'll check him," Jazz's dad said while bending down to Caspar. Caspar and Queen backed away pretending to fear him. "They're afraid of you!" Said the mystery woman. "Nonsense! Don't be silly!" he snapped. "I happen to be an equine vet and an expert in horse behavior," She said offended. "Well it doesn't seem like it! You're not acting expertly for accusing me for this crazy horses' actions!" He barked. Jazz's dad moved closer once again making Queen and Caspar Move back groaning. "You try Jazz! That'll prove it's not my fault! They'll do exactly the same," He said pushing Jazz towards the horses. Jazz stepped forward quietly and bent down to Caspar. They stayed put. Jazz's dad had a mix of anger and astonishment plastered on his face. "David Canterbury, I will have to report you under suspistion of animal cruelty." said the woman. "You wouldn't dare! I have three times more money than you I could get the best lawyer in the country!" He yelled. "You can but it's my job to do the best for the animals in my community. I think this is for the best." she said nervously. "Daddy, just why Why would you be so horrible! I just can't!" Jazz said dissapointed. Jazz's dad was a horrible man, selfish, cruel and mean. Though even Queen felt bad for doing it. She would repeat "it's all for the best!" over, and over, and over to try and comfort her. Jazz's father stormed off the woman followed leaving Jazz kneeling down next to Caspar. "It's all gonna be okay!" Jazz said forcing herself to smile at them while her eyes where bloodshot from the tears. Caspar looked at Queen forming butterflies in Queens stomach.
After, Jazz's dad was charged with animal cruelty restraining him from the yard. Leaving Jazz to run the farm and her helpers. Queen started eventing finally happy that somebody recognised her abilities outside the arena. "How are you feeling? I feel bad though it still seemed like the right thing to do for everyone." Caspar said sympathetically. "I understand perfectly, like when you rip you're rug becuase it totally clashes with you're coat and keep on repeating the cycle until you're satisfied! Cause you want to look you're best but you feel bad for 'wasting time'," Caspar stared at Queen confused at the whole subject. "You really are one of a kind Queen!" Caspar said rubbing his head on Queens. Queen burst out in joy! She had never been so happy. Gracie had also been kind to her after. They complained together, and gossiped. They were very alike. Jazz was working loads but as she said "If you don't work for it you'll get nowhere!". Everything was finally going their way.

Dear Jazz,
Come to the river ASAP. You know who's coming back and he means business. He's bigger and better this year, you need you're best horse to win. He's got an endurance champion this year so he could out run you in mere seconds before you even get a chance. Come with you're racer and we'll get you a win for sure this year. He's gonna play dirty like every year but two can play that game. Bronze is going down!
Sincerely,
WG

Cast-

Queen - http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1236520
Caspar - http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1237836
Bronze - http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1006516
Gracie - http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1240611

Grading:
Story line: 40/50 - I was a bit confused with the story, but overall it was good.a
Originality: 40/50 - I think that stories like this has been done before, but you did have small twists that made it different.
Characters/Horses(links): 50/50 - Characters seemed real, and you had plenty of horses.
Length of Story: 50/50 - Plenty of paragraphs. Some were smooched together, but I am not grading on if they are smooched together.
Bonus Points: 40 - You had the codes. I also liked that you included llamas in your story, since you are LlamaLlama99
LlamaLlama99
Visit My Farm

Post by LlamaLlama99 »

Thank you! What place did I come and have you done that yet? Sorry if this was a stupid question lol. BTW I think the main reason for the confusing story line was because I spent several days writing and I started from different points with different ideas. Annoyingly, I wrote a story for this contest and it got deleted! So I started all over again! :D :lol:
Kamichi Stables
Visit My Farm

Okay, it did come down to spelling, I was hoping that it would not have to, but it did!
First Place
Jardine_Horses wrote:Winner!
Second Place
Llamallama99 wrote: Second
Sorry you and Jardone_Horses tied, but I stated that if 2 people tied, the person with the better spelling or grammar would win.
Third Place
TabbyWelch wrote:Third
You can quote this post to give me the link to the rehomeable horse.
Kamichi Stables
Visit My Farm

LlamaLlama99 wrote:Thank you! What place did I come and have you done that yet? Sorry if this was a stupid question lol. BTW I think the main reason for the confusing story line was because I spent several days writing and I started from different points with different ideas. Annoyingly, I wrote a story for this contest and it got deleted! So I started all over again! :D :lol:
Sorry, I had to leave for a little while, the results are up now!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 12:15 am

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 12:15 am