Community Forum

Breed Indentification are different

An archive of suggestions which are either added to the game or closed as "not possible". You may comment on archived suggestions but you cannot start a new post in this sub-forum.
Valkyriea
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Visit My Farm

Breed Indentification are different

Post by Valkyriea »

Yesterday I finished my speed run throught to a Sorraia and had came upon some different identifications instead of the ones In the cross breed page. (Unless of course, this hasn't been changed yet)

The Tarpan x Mongolian side was all well but the Tarpan x West African Barb wasn't.

Down the Line the Arabian x North African Barb was a Baladi, which was fine. I then Bred a North African Barb to a Forest Horse to get my North African x Forest Horse cross. I then proceeded to bred to the Baladi, and instead of getting a West African Barb, I got a Half Baladi.

Same thing for the Sorraia, I bred a Tarpan x Mongolian to the Half Baladi and I got a Half Tarpan instead of a Sorraia.

This horse ->http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/612
Last edited by Valkyriea on Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Re: Breed Indentification are different

Post by Argent »

That's because a Baladi isn't used in the creation of a Sorraia. The crosses in the guide are the exact crosses you need to be making; an Arab x North African Barb is completely different from a Baladi, regardless of the similar pedigrees.
Valkyriea
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Valkyriea »

I'm slightly confused then aren't they both (Arabian x North African Barb) or is it that one breed has to be a certain gender>
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

Yes, but no. They are filed completely differently by the game. A Baladi is not an Arab x NBar, it is a Baladi. It is a new breed, not a crossbreed. If the pedigree wanted a Baladi, it would say so. You can't substitute horses. Sex does not matter.

EDIT: This is my Westie mare. Her dam is an Arab x NBar. The dam had a full sibling born before her that I deleted because he was a Baladi.
Last edited by Argent on Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valkyriea
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Valkyriea »

So it's a matter of breeding the Arabian to the NBarb then the NBarb to the Arabian?
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

No. It's a matter of being a crossbreed versus a new breed. A Baladi is a new breed. The NBar x Arab is a crossbreed. How you cross the Arab and the Barb doesn't matter.
Valkyriea
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Valkyriea »

Alright Thanks!
Nate
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Nate »

Last I heard, Larissa does plan to mitigate the problem by allowing players to "downgrade" their new breeds into their crossbred parts before they turn a certain age. Essentially if you wanted a NBar x Arab but got a Baladi, you'd be able to turn your Baladi into a NBar x Arab early in its life.
Signature? I don't need no stinkin' signature! Everybody knows who I am already!
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

Nate wrote:Essentially if you wanted a NBar x Arab but got a Baladi, you'd be able to turn your Baladi into a NBar x Arab early in its life.
Exactly. This is a feature coming within the next week or so.
Valkyriea
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Valkyriea »

Oh good, so as of right now till that feature is added, it's chance?
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:16 am

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:16 am