Community Forum

Out of Curiosity!

UnoRie1729
Visit My Farm

Out of Curiosity!

Post by UnoRie1729 »

I'm familiar with the game dynamics and stuff, but what I'm interested in is the relationships between players themselves. ^~^

I personally, have players I respect and really, really look up to. I am a fan of their horses and would strive to be like them. Do you have any players you admire and/or look up to? Do share and tell me why.
elizabeth1
Visit My Farm

Re: Out of Curiosity!

Post by elizabeth1 »

I have been on here and I have a player that I look up to very very highly! I talk to them a lot and we help each other out. But, the reason we became true friends is because when I first started she gave me a horse to start breeding and he was fully trained and everything and she really did help me get to be a good breeder gave me tips and made it possible for me to breed top horses.
- I didn't name the players name bc I didn't know if they would want that shared.
8arbarossa
Visit My Farm

Post by 8arbarossa »

UnoRie1729 wrote:I'm familiar with the game dynamics and stuff, but what I'm interested in is the relationships between players themselves. ^~^

I personally, have players I respect and really, really look up to. I am a fan of their horses and would strive to be like them. Do you have any players you admire and/or look up to? Do share and tell me why.
i admire lots of players.. At the start i had other players i admired and in time i you'll discover other player that are even more impressive.

When i started i didnt know anything and i bought a Arabian from "Fallon" i did some research in during that time Fallon had lots of great horses.. I bought a cheap horse and made lots of cash with arab only competitions.

Later i noticed very impressive Arabs from Ruby Jane, but she was AFK for a long time, when she came back and wanted to sell all her horses i was one of the first that made offers, but she totally ignored me..
BUT i wont mention all the players that lost my respect.

Then i noticed that there where competition with very big rewards, so i was looking for a Russian don. "Bombicilla" sold some for pennies, i bought Spermwale (i think) and made millions of credits with a 1 credit horse.

After i was already a miljonair i met some of Baranduins horses, she had interesting horses and i try to be like her..
i also try to see what projects she was doing so i could play a supportive role and sell some horses. Baranduin is great and very friendly

Ofcourse there a lots of players i respect, there are to many to mention here.. ihave lots of stories.
i remember i was working on Belgiums and got my first GOLD strenght belgium from Championbreeder (i think) after that i made lots of supreme Belgiums, including the first 70HGP Belgium.

I also tried to help lots of people and i appreciated reading about their thanks in their logs.

Ofcourse i also got dissapionted by some players, and although i have more positive memories then negative memories, still the negative memories make more of a impact.. People reporting me for small mistakes i made and stuff..

Why do you have this interest Unorie?

For al my other friends, dont feel sad that i didnt mention your name.. You know i respect you and am thankfull for your help.. the names i mentioned are from my prehistoric times
Royale Ranch
Location: Driving, Photographing or Playing the Piano (or maybe actually working)
Visit My Farm

Post by Royale Ranch »

I've hardly been on here a year, and yet (although, as 8arbarossa mentioned, there is the occasional negative experience...) there are many, many players I look up too...

and nope, sorry, i wont start naming particular players, (i will surely miss some!) but i will state a few reasons why in no particular order:

- those players that work on realistic looking horses (its hard, and not as profitable as your standard high stat, high win horse)

- those players working on rare or 'extinct' breeds, especially those starting from scratch (such patience is needed :) and there is not always a guaranteed outcome

- those players training - for themselves, and for others

- those players that constantly - and very patiently - help others (like me) in the forums and elsewhere with all our problems, misunderstandings, and everything in between

- The admin, the alpha and beta players, and all those that work behind the scenes to make HWO better

- and those players in chat, of all ages, from all around the world, who not only help you (and me) to no end, but support you, both relevant and irrelevant to HWO, at the expense of their own time....

possibly not that helpful to your original question, but I just wanted to acknowledge all those that come under any of those categories....

and after all, who knows how you come into contact with? every person has their own story to tell, their own personality. who knows what their career is? what their talents are? (no doubt, a few of you will know what im talking about - and as for the persons involved - thanks for sharing, and thanks for helping)
UnoRie1729
Visit My Farm

Post by UnoRie1729 »

8arbarossa wrote: Why do you have this interest Unorie?
Thank you for your input!
I've been pretty quiet on the forums and in chat, and mostly, I observe how people behave and such. This is partly to satisfy my curiosity and also to spread goodwill, as this is a thread where people can talk about who they admire and why. It does give credit and pride to players.
Aela
Visit My Farm

Post by Aela »

Oooh, I admire loads of people on here

I comment quite a bit on the colour forum, but otherwise I’m mostly a lurker - and I’ve seen some great breeding projects through the years. I especially admire the dedication of the players working on thoroughbreds, and I used to look up to a player called Virgo who had these really high tier belgians at the time he/she was active in game :)

And - of course - the admins and most players that are helpful, knowledgeable and friendly (In my opinion, HWO has the most mature members out of all the horse games/forums I’ve been a part of) :)
Realistic Breed Project
Pssst, take a look below!

Aegidienberger Project, 2015 - 2018
8arbarossa
Visit My Farm

Post by 8arbarossa »

UnoRie1729 wrote:
8arbarossa wrote: Why do you have this interest Unorie?
Thank you for your input!
I've been pretty quiet on the forums and in chat, and mostly, I observe how people behave and such. This is partly to satisfy my curiosity and also to spread goodwill, as this is a thread where people can talk about who they admire and why. It does give credit and pride to players.
Your intensions seems pure.
i like psychology a lot and would love to discuss your behavioral observations in the future.. i'll keep an eye on you :D
UnoRie1729
Visit My Farm

Post by UnoRie1729 »

8arbarossa wrote: Your intensions seems pure.
i like psychology a lot and would love to discuss your behavioral observations in the future.. i'll keep an eye on you :D
Thank you lol. I don't have any ill intent, that I can assure you.
Me too! It's very interesting.
Me...? :P
Baranduin Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Baranduin Brewster »

8arbarossa wrote:
After i was already a miljonair i met some of Baranduins horses, she had interesting horses and i try to be like her..
i also try to see what projects she was doing so i could play a supportive role and sell some horses. Baranduin is great and very friendly
I'm flattered
Mooreland Farms, Inc.
Where the Best, Keeps Getting Better!
Eventing Account
Proud Breeder of: Walkaloosa & Sugarbush Draft
Farm Log, Training, Sales/Silent Auctions
Club Affiliations: Inhand Jumping Club & United Driving Breeders Club
Little_Cookie771
Visit My Farm

Post by Little_Cookie771 »

People I respect on this game.
* Mora, Storm : They are both extremely nice to me
* Bueskm20, Sandy : They gave me some money when I was in a though situation.
* Champion, Zero : They have showed me their horses, I am now inspirited
* Vallers : She has given me some money, she has given me tips on how to train, she has helped me expand my farm. She is also able to stop any fight that happens with her power of being calm.
Last edited by Little_Cookie771 on Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:16 am

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:16 am