Community Forum

Mongolians

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
*Corvus*
Visit My Farm

Re: Mongolians

Post by *Corvus* »

I've recently returned after a long hiatus and decided to swap breeds and concentrate on mongolians. However, I'm doing it the hard way, because I couldn't bear to lose any of the horses I already had, so I'm breeding them to smaller ponies and tarpans and prezzies when I can get them from the market cheaply.
As I mostly started with Belgians and forest horses, first priority is getting the size on target, while preserving colour. I already have a couple of 5* grades on my alt account so that's a good start.
I bought a couple of half mongolian foals but one is not very true to type and the other is hilariously oversized at 16.3hh!
A couple of generations ago my biggest horses were 19.1, last geneation was 18.2 and the latest crop should be smaller still.
I know it's an odd way of doing things, but I'm having fun, and preserving my old lines.
Hilayla
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Mongolians

Post by Hilayla »

*Corvus* wrote:I've recently returned after a long hiatus and decided to swap breeds and concentrate on mongolians. However, I'm doing it the hard way, because I couldn't bear to lose any of the horses I already had, so I'm breeding them to smaller ponies and tarpans and prezzies when I can get them from the market cheaply.
As I mostly started with Belgians and forest horses, first priority is getting the size on target, while preserving colour. I already have a couple of 5* grades on my alt account so that's a good start.
I bought a couple of half mongolian foals but one is not very true to type and the other is hilariously oversized at 16.3hh!
A couple of generations ago my biggest horses were 19.1, last geneation was 18.2 and the latest crop should be smaller still.
I know it's an odd way of doing things, but I'm having fun, and preserving my old lines.
I have some Mongolians and I'll be happy to put some of my boys up for stud cheaply for you if you see any you like. They are all kept in this barn. I'm just lazy about putting up studs. I'd also be willing to let you pick through my retirement and sales pastures too. And welcome back.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 10:13 pm

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 10:13 pm