Community Forum

What color is she?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
UniqueSteeds
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: What color is she?

Post by UniqueSteeds »

I agree, Mealy Brown is the colour!
Sundown Ranch
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Sundown Ranch »

Aela wrote:
Sundown Ranch wrote:Anyway... Is she Pangere or very sooty? lol shes a tricky one like Aela said
She could be both!

My only problem with the sooty grulla w/ pangaré theory is that I've never seen a black based adoption centre forest horse before. One of the colour guide threads on here also state that ac forest horses are either A/A or A/a at the time of adoption, and that you wont find an a/a = no blacks whatsoever.

If I had to take another shot, I'd say very sooty bay with pangaré. But at this point, I'm lost (which really does not happen often) The curiosity is killing me! If you ever don't want her - let me know and I'll pick her up for some testing. Or you could breed her to a black stallion and post the offspring, if you want ;)

She gave birth to a strange foal

Mr Troubled

You can try and figure him out haha
Tjigra
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Tjigra »

I'd wait until he turns a year old to see if the baby mealy stays or not, but my guess would be it stays and he's going to be mealy brown too.
Extreme mealy on brown can sometimes look weird, I've got one like that too - http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1239615
I was sure he was smokey brown until someone pointed out that neither of his parents has cream so that can't be.
Aela
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Aela »

Tjigra wrote:I'd wait until he turns a year old to see if the baby mealy stays or not, but my guess would be it stays and he's going to be mealy brown too.
Extreme mealy on brown can sometimes look weird, I've got one like that too - http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1239615
I was sure he was smokey brown until someone pointed out that neither of his parents has cream so that can't be.
Ooh that is interesting. Looking at Siracus C's pedigree, you can sort of see how Nature's Watch and Illuminated Royal (on his dam's side) combined brown with mealy/pangaré and created one of those pseudo smoky brown horses like Siracus C and OP's forest horse

Anyway, I agree and think Sundown Ranch's new foal will turn out brown too, and very likely mealy as well
Realistic Breed Project
Pssst, take a look below!

Aegidienberger Project, 2015 - 2018
Sundown Ranch
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Sundown Ranch »

She did also produce this filly for me which i believe she is greying out which would make her a rare Grey pure Forest Horse. I was debating on changing her name because she has a grey face and phantom like :D

Mick's Diamond
Jayde2202
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Jayde2202 »

Black dun
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat May 18, 2024 5:05 am

It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 5:05 am