Community Forum

Dilluted Foal

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Re: Dilluted Foal

Post by Nazarach »

Aela wrote:
Exactly!

I found my Silver Bay Pearl Champagne. He doesn't look as similar to Hyo Tetsu as I remembered, but that may be because of the difference in base colour (and that one has a tiger eye, the other does not)

If not silver-something, what do you think Hyo Tetsu is? I'm very confused as well..
Well, he could carry silver as his sire

had silver, so maybe a Silver Brown Pearl Champagne? and as he is not black based (too much mealy as a foal), he can only be brown so thats it possibly? but I'm not sure the champagne could dim the yellowish color that much even if he is a double pearl instead of cream pearl...
Aela
Visit My Farm

Post by Aela »

Nazarach wrote:.
I don't really see any possibilities other than Silver Brown Pearl Champagne either

And I don't think it's possible for champagne alone to dim the yellow, but once you start throwing three or more dilutions into the mix, they get very light very quickly. So I wouldn't be too surprised if that was the case here. I also think Dō Ryū's yellow tone is enhanced by his "metallic" appearance.
Realistic Breed Project
Pssst, take a look below!

Aegidienberger Project, 2015 - 2018
Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by Nazarach »

Aela wrote: I don't really see any possibilities other than Silver Brown Pearl Champagne either

And I don't think it's possible for champagne alone to dim the yellow, but once you start throwing three or more dilutions into the mix, they get very light very quickly. So I wouldn't be too surprised if that was the case here. I also think Dō Ryū's yellow tone is enhanced by his "metallic" appearance.
True ^^ thanks for your input :) now its just his little one ... fading so much I didn't think it possible when you know he is/ should be originally brown <.<'
Baranduin Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Baranduin Brewster »

Aela wrote:
Nazarach wrote:
I know, that is why I asked what the sire could be then... I'm totally confused cause I was - like baraduin - sure the sire could only be apricot (well, he looks it too) but the brown foal cancels that notion pretty well...
Exactly!

I found my Silver Bay Pearl Champagne. He doesn't look as similar to Hyo Tetsu as I remembered, but that may be because of the difference in base colour (and that one has a tiger eye, the other does not)

If not silver-something, what do you think Hyo Tetsu is? I'm very confused as well..
I see he has tail bleed, which is very typical of Brown and Bays...Awai Tetsu looks to have faint brown markings on his muzzle and flanks...so, Smoky Brown Pearl Champagne looks to be right.

My two Apricots

Apricot Champagne

Apricot Champagne
Mooreland Farms, Inc.
Where the Best, Keeps Getting Better!
Eventing Account
Proud Breeder of: Walkaloosa & Sugarbush Draft
Farm Log, Training, Sales/Silent Auctions
Club Affiliations: Inhand Jumping Club & United Driving Breeders Club
Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by Nazarach »

Baranduin Brewster wrote:
I see he has tail bleed, which is very typical of Brown and Bays...Awai Tetsu looks to have faint brown markings on his muzzle and flanks...so, Smoky Brown Pearl Champagne looks to be right.

My two Apricots

Apricot Champagne

Apricot Champagne
The freckles from the champagne are really visible, so I tend to be more on the side of double pearl (for now) but yes, the rest makes sense :D and many thanks for the examples - it's curious though how similair the coloring is to each other, but that is genetics for you ^^'
Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Dilluted Foal [again]

Post by Nazarach »

I'll just put this in here again ^^'

So, this one comes from a classic champagne dam and a dapple tobiano (whom I think may carry cream or pearl) sire

Maddox

Classic Cream? (E_ a/a Cr/n? Ch/n t_)
maybe Black Pearl Champagne? (E_ a/a prl/prl? Ch/n t_)

I first thought he might just be a classic champagne;
the thing is, compared to his dam he is much lighter - so maybe he got an (invisble) cream from the sire but compared to the picture of a classic cream in totinas guide:
http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... =13&t=2158
he isn't light enough by far...
Is it possible the sneaky pearl from the NABs were involved? the dams dam had one, I though she didn't give it further though; and who knows what the sire hid under all these dapples -.-'

So what do you think and why?
Aela
Visit My Farm

Re: Dilluted Foal [again]

Post by Aela »

Nazarach wrote:So what do you think and why?
Classic Cream (w/ Tiger Eye)
E_ aa CR/n CH/n (TG/n)

He's just a relatively dark expression of a Classic Cream. Maddox' sire must have inherited cream from his cream/pearl sire :)
Realistic Breed Project
Pssst, take a look below!

Aegidienberger Project, 2015 - 2018
Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Re: Dilluted Foal [again]

Post by Nazarach »

Aela wrote:
Nazarach wrote:So what do you think and why?
Classic Cream (w/ Tiger Eye)
E_ aa CR/n CH/n (TG/n)

He's just a relatively dark expression of a Classic Cream. Maddox' sire must have inherited cream from his cream/pearl sire :)
Many thanks :D
I love my blacks - but even I'm sometimes surprised by the range of color this base can offer with other dilutions ^^'
Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by Nazarach »

Sooo, maybe I should've made sure before adding to my shades of black guide but alas... Would you agree with this?

Silver/Dappled Smoky Black Pearl Champagne (E_ a/a Cr/prl Ch/n Z/n t/t)

Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by Nazarach »

bump
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:00 am

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:00 am