Community Forum

Player Courses

An archive of suggestions which are either added to the game or closed as "not possible". You may comment on archived suggestions but you cannot start a new post in this sub-forum.
Nate
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Re: Player Courses

Post by Nate »

Well I did complete all 5 levels of basic horse management I. I get that that's by design, of course. It's just that the little box doesn't spawn for basic horse management II when you finish all 5 level of basic horse management I. When you're learning the skills, it looks like you're learning level 6 of basic horse management I which is actually level 1 of basic horse management II. The box doesn't spawn until you've finished basic horse management II level 1. I think it should spawn when you finish basic horse management level 5 with no little boxes filled in, indicating basic horse management level 0.
Signature? I don't need no stinkin' signature! Everybody knows who I am already!
Tyyni
Visit My Farm

Post by Tyyni »

I think what you are seeing is the level 6 is when you 'master' a level.
Like this: 5 levels appear, then you must do it a 6th time and you will then see the 'mastered' mark. Then the next section will appear.
Nate
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Nate »

That actually seems really legit. I'll go through another one and see about it.

EDIT: Yes that's what happened. Related, on horse management I it's still showing "level 7 costs $100" but of course there is no level seven.
Signature? I don't need no stinkin' signature! Everybody knows who I am already!
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

Nate wrote:That actually seems really legit. I'll go through another one and see about it.

EDIT: Yes that's what happened. Related, on horse management I it's still showing "level 7 costs $100" but of course there is no level seven.
Yeah that's a template bug I must squash tonight.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

Hazel wrote:On the player profile, it'd be nice to see numbers attached for XP already had, and numbers attached to the player skills.
I've added numbers to the player experience and stats bars now.
Hazel
Visit My Farm

Post by Hazel »

x3 The little moving course bar is so mesmerizing.
One: probability is a factor which operates within natural forces. Two, probability is not operating as a factor. Three, we are now within un-, sub- or supernatural forces. Discuss.<br><br>
Come join me in chat! :D
Hazel
Visit My Farm

Post by Hazel »

Also, a question: is the benefit gained by taking a course attained per course, or per level?

That is, will I be able to own one additional horse for every level within a course I complete, or one additional horse for every full course I complete (that is, all the levels in a course?)?
One: probability is a factor which operates within natural forces. Two, probability is not operating as a factor. Three, we are now within un-, sub- or supernatural forces. Discuss.<br><br>
Come join me in chat! :D
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

The benefits are per level. So completing all five levels of the first course will allow you 5 more horses.
Delirium
Visit My Farm

Post by Delirium »

Are we supposed to start out with five free horse slots? As of right now, I've completed eight levels (five of Basic Horse MGMT I and three of Basic Horse MGMT II) and have eight horse slots. Last night, when I hadn't completed any levels at all, I had five slots.
Nate
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Nate »

Confirmed. I have mastered Basic Horse Management 1 and 2, Intermediate Horse Management 1, and am level 3 in Intermediate Horse Management 2. That should get me 24 extra horse slots, 5 each for Basic Horse Management 1 & 2, 10 from Intermediate Horse Management 1, and 4 from what I've done so far on Intermediate Horse Management 2. Theoretically I should be able to have 29, but my player page says 25.

Since we're on the topic, on an Android (as thats the only device I have to test with and my home internet is down. Again. :( ) the skill progress bars don't keep up if you go away from the window. The clock keeps running, but the skill bar sticks. It's not a big deal and is fixed by a refresh (also it doesn't autorefresh when the course is ready to be completed)

Also, I suggest the addition of a little star at the end of the numbers 1-5 to signify mastery. A big yellow one to make skilling even MORE addictive than it already is. It would also help with the visual representation of the math, since the 1 is always filled in even though there are still five more levels to go.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 3:55 am

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 3:55 am