Community Forum

New Horse Price?

An archive of suggestions which are either added to the game or closed as "not possible". You may comment on archived suggestions but you cannot start a new post in this sub-forum.
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

New Horse Price?

Post by Argent »

What is the new PT price for adoption going to be?
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Re: New Horse Price?

Post by larissar »

Starter breeds will be 25 PT each. I'll have to lookup what prices I determined for advanced breeds.
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

Thanks. And the price for color genes will vary based on rarity in the population, right? So there's no way to make a guess at those.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

Genes won't factor into the price of a horse in the adoption center. The price is based only on the difficulty of creating the breed from scratch (number of generations needed).

The chance for a particular gene showing up in the adoption center will be controlled by settings I setup for each breed and will roughly coincide with the correct colours available in that breed in real life. So a rare gene bred into the population by a determined player likely will not appear in the adoption center.
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

I meant genes through custom horses, sorry. I was asking two questions at once and failing to clarify.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

Oh, okay. Hmm... I haven't made any firm decision yet when it comes to the custom horse creator. It could be that the genes themselves will have pre-determined values and it may or may not be related to the actual genes rarity. Until I sit down and actual design what can be customized this is just ideas.
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

Relating it to rarity would probably be best for the same reason that limiting genes in the adoption center was proposed: to protect niche breeders. It would also help the breeds stick to whatever standard they might have, and wouldn't gouge people for selecting genes that are rare in general, but common in that particular breed; for example champagne and cream would be quite common in a breed like the American Cream Draft, so they should be cheap to create, but those same genes might be fairly rare in a Quarter Horse, so they should be more expensive.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:08 pm

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:08 pm