Community Forum

Help with missing horse images

An archive of suggestions which are either added to the game or closed as "not possible". You may comment on archived suggestions but you cannot start a new post in this sub-forum.
Killeroo
Visit My Farm

Help with missing horse images

Post by Killeroo »

I've posted this here as I'm guessing that this is not a HWO site related bug but is an issue on my end as I haven't seen anyone else mention it so far.

A lot of the time I'm only seeing 3 or 4 of the 5 horse images when in the Adoption Center. This has been happening for past month or so.
I clear my browser history and cookies daily and I'm also up to date with Java, Flash, browser etc.
I'm using Firefox. Not sure if I'm missing something or this is actually a graphics bug when viewing on Firefox browser

Any ideas?
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Re: Help with missing horse images

Post by larissar »

Can you confirm if there are 5 adopt buttons when you are only seeing 3 or 4 horses?

Are you familiar with the Developer Console in Firefox? Thats the most reliable way to determine what is going on, I can walk you through how to get the info I would need to see if you need me to.
Killeroo
Visit My Farm

Post by Killeroo »

Yes there are 5 Adopt buttons.
No I'm not familiar with the developer console but I'm good at following directions so I'm willing to give it a go. I do know were to find it so that's a start :)
Killeroo
Visit My Farm

Post by Killeroo »

I just adopted a horse which I could see in the adoption center but then there was no image on the horse's page. I brought up the inspector and picked the horse image element and noticed this:
http://1drv.ms/1bgnqLU

Here is the same page but with the pasture view of the horse above (I toggled labels off for the screenshot)
http://1drv.ms/1yHqivN

Just to clarify, I can still see the labels, just no horse image

EDIT: I just went back to the horse's page (3rd time) and the image popped up :roll:
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

Killeroo wrote:Yes there are 5 Adopt buttons.
No I'm not familiar with the developer console but I'm good at following directions so I'm willing to give it a go. I do know were to find it so that's a start :)
Basically what I want you to do is go into the Net tab, then press the button for 'Images' so we can see only the network transfer of image files. Then refresh the page while the Net tab is open.

You'll see a lot of image files transfered. Each horse has 6 images, 2 more if they have feathers, plus a halter image in some cases. I want you to tell me if all the images load. I want to rule out the possibility that those missing horses you're (not) seeing are just horses who's image files haven't finished downloading yet. If we can rule that out then we can go a step farther.
Killeroo wrote:I just adopted a horse which I could see in the adoption center but then there was no image on the horse's page. I brought up the inspector and picked the horse image element and noticed this:
http://1drv.ms/1bgnqLU
This is normal. In order to save on performance instead of re-drawing the horse here we're just grabbing a screenshot essentially of the already rendered horse in the pasture and sticking the image here inline.
Killeroo
Visit My Farm

Post by Killeroo »

Yes, the image files are loading every time.

Also, now I can't advance to the next day; Unspecified Fatal Error message
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

I'm going to see about adding in a loading indicator so we can rule out that the horses may still be running through the javascript functions. Give me a little time to get this added in.

Do you ever have this issue with horses in pastures or only in the adoption center?
Killeroo wrote:Also, now I can't advance to the next day; Unspecified Fatal Error message
Fixed this, should be working again.
Killeroo
Visit My Farm

Post by Killeroo »

No worries. I have been using my iPad when adopting horses as I have had no issues using that.

Yes I do have the same issue in the pastures as well, sorry I forgot to mention that.

Next day button is working again, thanks :)
Killeroo
Visit My Farm

Post by Killeroo »

Can you see this horse's image? Even on my iPad all I can see is her tail and halter. I can't remember if she was always like this or not.

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/9648
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

No. Thats a game bug. Can I buy her from you so I can look into this? I need her not to get older.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:45 am

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:45 am