Community Forum

⚡︎HM - Hazel Meadows Official Farm Log

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Re: {TM}, |TM|, [TM] Official Farm Log

Post by h a z e l »

Update #3- October 3, 2019

I am making some pretty big changes to my Thoroughbred breeding projects.

-I am finished with my {TM} Thoroughbreds and I will probably sell the majority of my mares and colts/stallions that I don't need. I will keep a few around to breed for fun if I want to later on down the road :)
-I am also ending my -TM- Thoroughbred project- but not completely. I'm just going to change some things up a little. I am still going to create my own exclusive line of Thoroughbreds, but I am not going to use only Adoption Center horses anymore. I made this decision because I realized that the only reason I was trying to breed Thoroughbreds completely from Adoption Center horses was to be able to say I did so. It would take me real years to do so, and to get my scratch Thoroughbreds to record-breaking quality would take... forever. Just being able to tell people of this accomplishment doesn't make it worth it to me anymore to continue with the project. So I'm going to just rehome and sell all my Adoption Center horses and the breeds I created with AC horses for this project.
-I am now going to create my -TM- Thoroughbreds by breeding from scratch and also using Thoroughbreds that are unrelated to any main TB lines. Once I get my foundation stock, I will stop using outside horses and only cross -TM- Thoroughbreds. If I need to bring COI down I will use outside blood again, but I will never use blood related to any main TB lines. All of my -TM- Thoroughbreds will be -TM- blood only. I will do my very best to create the best racehorses I can that can proudly carry the -TM- brand :D
-I am also starting a new racer project! :) I have already been working on this project for a little while on my training account _h a z e l 3_. I am creating silver dapple mohawk racers! I want really bold dapples and white white mane and tails. I also want mohawk manes and really good racer stats and conformation. I'm so excited about this project- I've been having so much fun with it so far and I can't wait to continue with it! This mare was the one who gave me the idea of creating mohawk racers- I was originally just going to breed regular silver dapples.

From her I got this guy who's actually (surprisingly) fairly good at spring racing :D

I am just loving the mohawks though.. they are so neat and eye-catching!

All right, I think that about wraps things up, thanks for reading! :)
Last edited by h a z e l on Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

Update #4- November 8, 2019

Wow, I haven't updated in a while! First of all, I've been less active lately because recently on October 4 I lost my very best friend, my palomino mare Sunny. It has been really hard for me to function without her, but I've been doing a lot better lately, so it's time to come back to the game and get more active again. I want to thank all my HW friends for being so sympathetic and understanding; it really means a lot :)

Landais Pony Project
This one kinda got put on hold because I don't have the space for it and I put more of a priority on my TBs and barrel horses...

|TM| Barrel Horses
This project is going pretty good :) Today I got my first foal with the best active agility comment in the game:

Too bad he's bombproof :oops:
I'm also pretty proud of this guy:

He's already a champion in barrel racing and has a 97.9% win percentage out of 48 starts :)
I've been getting plenty of gold agility barrel horses lately, so now I'm working on adding speed into my lines :)

-TM- Thoroughbreds
Coming along slowly but surely. Some of my best TBs so far are:

He's got gold 53 speed and I love his color!

He's got the 6th best speed comment and check out his blue eyes and unique color!
Most of my -TM- TBs have green or gold speed now, but I need to work on their conformation as well as adding in stamina and strength!

Silver Dapple Mohawk Racers
I haven't been on _h a z e l 3_ in a while, so this project really hasn't had much progress. But I can't wait to get back to it, because this has been one of my favorite projects ever! :D
Last edited by h a z e l on Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
h a z e l 3
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l 3 »

Update #5- November 9, 2019

I know I literally just posted an update yesterday, but I just wanted to make another post about my silver dapple mohawk racer project :D I want to keep track of my current favorite horses and how this project continues to progress!
My current favorites:

I just had to train him, because his dapples are so pretty! Right now I'm not really worried about speed conformation and breeders comments and stuff, but he does have gold 55 speed and decent stamina. I don't really love his stockings though- I plan to get rid of stockings in this project. I just want big bold dapples and white silver manes and tails and pretty mohawks :D

Look at how white her mane and tail are!

His dapples aren't quite as eye catching as I would like, but I still trained him because I think he's pretty :)

She's awfully pretty in my opinion :)

I just love her looks, even if her dapples aren't super flashy.

For future reference, all of the foals for this project are kept in this barn for the most part: http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/barn/118192

All right I think that's all! :)

Oh I can't really seem to decide what racing discipline to breed these guys for... I guess I'll figure it out on down the road :D Right now I'm just focusing on looks. Then I'll bring in the conformation and stats necessary for... whatever discipline I pick :lol:

Okay now I'm done :lol:
Last edited by h a z e l 3 on Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

Update #6- November 10, 2019

I know, I just updated yesterday. And the day before. But- I was helping Sawd with their newsletter issue today, and noticed how very empty In-Hand Jumping competitions are. There aren't a lot of good In-Hand Jumpers- the majority of them are five plus seconds off the world records! I think it's because of the lack of high purse competitions and interest.. but hopefully that can change :) I think that competitions other than racing should be important too! :D (Don't get me wrong- I love my racers to death :P)
I'm pretty sure I tried breeding a certain breed to become In-Hand Jumpers a while ago.. but never actually got the ball rolling on that project. Which happens a lot with me... :lol: :oops: Anyways, I think I'm going to give the In-Hand Jumping thing another go- to try to increase interest in this small section of the game! :)
I don't think I'm going to be focusing on a particular breed this time around.. I'll probably just breed grades or crosses or whatever :) I'm mostly just trying to get some nice horses and sell them to bring more focus to In-Hand Jumping.
I've also created some competitions to generate interest:
http://www.horseworldonline.net/competitions/view/76151
A level 10 1,000,000 dollar purse competition
http://www.horseworldonline.net/competitions/view/76152
A level 1 2,000,000 dollar purse competition for 1-3 year old rising stars
http://www.horseworldonline.net/competitions/view/76153
And a level 5 competition that runs daily

Ok, I think that's all :)

Hazel

P.S. Come on, you have to admit these little guys are awful cute :D
Last edited by h a z e l on Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

Update #7 - February 5, 2020

Happy New Year!! :D

So I've been unable to be active very much anymore because I recently got a new job in real life... but I am off till Monday ( :mrgreen: ) so I decided to catch up on HW stuff and update my farm log! :)

{TM} Landais Project

This project is mainly on hold right now... but once I start up breeding them again, I'll be switching my focus with them. I'll now be trying for high HGP and good breeders comments instead of specifically breeding them for one discipline :) My end goal is to have a line of quality Landais ponies that I can share with the rest of HW! If my Landais ponies are bred just for HGP and stats, then their next owner can tweak them for whatever discipline they want, instead of having to change them from Hunters to something else!

|TM| Barrel Horses and {TM} In-Hand Jumpers

I have put these projects, and my main account _h a z e l_, on hold for now :)

[TM] Thoroughbreds

Previously -TM- Thoroughbreds. I wasn't a huge fan of the look of the -TM- brand, and I'm also changing things up one more time with this project, so I opted for a new brand! :D

My [TM] Thoroughbreds project will now be my silver dapple mohawk Thoroughbreds- as well as a brand new colored racer which I'm thinking I'm going to keep a secret until I get them good :)

My silver dapple mohawk racers will now be bred to pure Thoroughbred and then bred specifically for racing... as will my new colored project :)

This project is kept on _h a z e l 3_, and since that's the account I'm most active on currently, [TM] Thoroughbreds will be my main focus for now :)
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

Update #8- March 18, 2020

Time for another update! :)

[TM] Thoroughbreds

My new color for my [TM] Thoroughbreds is sooty dapples! With mohawks of course :) I really fell in love with mohawks when I started my silver dapple mohawk racers, and so I decided to keep the dapple trend and try for sooty dapples! It's been tough to get both sooty dapples and mohawks established in my horses, but I'm starting to get there now so I decided to update my farm log :)
Unfortunately, not all my horses are purebred yet and they are also pretty inbred, but I'm hoping to resolve both those issues soon :D
Here are a few of my favorite mohawk sooty dappled horses so far:

My goal now is to breed both sooty and silver dapple mohawk Thoroughbreds for racing! I want Taylor Meadows to be known for dappled mohawk racers!

Oh that note- I updated my farm logo:

I love it! :D

I'm also planning to get _h a z e l_ up and running again to breed Landais ponies and In Hand Jumpers!

I'll also start my |TM| Barrel Horses again once I'm premium again :)

I'm able to be online much more again now because of the coronavirus... at my job they are keeping their full time staff but part time staff are getting fewer shifts... so I only work once or twice a week now. I would be happier if it wasn't because of the virus.. :? So much craziness going on now!
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Re: ϟHMϟ Hazel Meadows Official Farm Log

Post by h a z e l »

Update #9- April 20, 2020

So a very big change has come to my farm :)

As you probably noticed, my farm has a new name, new brands, new logo, everything! :D I wanted my farm name to be associated with my username because that's what players usually know eachother by. I also really wanted to include something to do with storms, thunder, lightning, power, speed, etc., so I made a name contest, and after I closed and judged it I decided to combine both the "storm" element and the "username" element :) I kept Meadows in my farm name so it wouldn't be a huge drastic change from Taylor Meadows, I included my username by replacing Taylor with Hazel, and I also added the "storm" element by including lightning bolts in my brand (thanks for the idea Baranduin_Brewster :D) and also having a stormy background on my logo! I love it! :D

Otherwise...

Things are going about the same with my accounts- I still haven't started taking turns with _h a z e l_ yet :? but I'm still active on _h a z e l 3_, and I also became premium recently on that account :)

I'm just loving my sooty dapple mohawk project though :D Some of my current favorites:

I am working very hard on getting my horses purebred now, and I'm also beginning to work on increasing their HGP, breeder's comments, and conformation because I want to try to race one of my sooty dapple mohawk Thoroughbreds in this year's Triple Crown :D

We'll see how that goes ;)
h a z e l 3
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l 3 »

Update #10- December 15, 2020

Can you believe it's 10 days till Christmas!? :o This year flew by!

Anyways, I thought it was about time for an update since it's been so long since my last one!

I haven't been super active in a while, and I was offline for like a straight month thanks to a car accident and an encounter with Covid. You can read a quick overview of those events here, if you're interested.

I haven't done much work on any of my projects, but I did have a little bit of fun getting distracted with Thoroughbreds bred for Cross Country. So far I have three generations of TBs slowly getting better and better at Cross Country:

The foundation stallion, who betrayed me a bit in favor of Endurance :roll:

Next guy down, starting to get more of a "Cross Country" build :)

Third generation Thoroughbred bred for Cross Country; just became a Champion today :)

I intend to continue this male line for as long as I can, just for fun :) See what happens I guess! :)

In other news, I haven't bred any mohawk dappled TBs in a while... :? They are all waiting on my side accounts for when I want to jump into them again :) I've been working on creating my own exclusive line of regular TBs here and there... and currently wanting to return to my barrel horses. Guess we'll see :P
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

Update #11- November 3, 2022

It's been almost 2 years since I last updated my farm log. :o I was inactive for quite a while with being busy in rl, but I just came back in late October and am ready to get back to it!

I have made a few adjustments to my projects and to my goals for my farm. Something I have always wanted to do since I joined the game has been to break a world record. Despite getting distracted by new projects left and right, that has been a goal that has always been constant for me. I have decided to focus exclusively on that goal. It doesn't matter what I breed or what record I break, but I am aiming in that direction from now on.

In other news, I am back to breeding my mohawk Thoroughbreds. I missed them a lot- mohawk horses are just way too much fun for me to breed. I also finally reached a milestone with this project by breeding a purebred Thoroughbred with sooty dapples and a mohawk. He also has socks, my favorite speed comment (the next Secretariat), and isn't the worst competitor in the world (though pretty close :lol:). I named him Maverick after Top Gun:

Some of my other favorites just to share my love of sooty dapples:

I also gave my logo a small update:

h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

Update #12- October 5, 2023

Nothing huge happening around here thanks to being mostly inactive due to real life. :) But I did make some small changes since I've been having more free time to be on HW lately.

1. Updated my main brand from ϟHMϟ to ⚡︎HM
2. Took my old logo off all my accounts and updated farm pages and signatures
3. Updated my breeding projects on the first page and transferred and sold a bunch of horses
4. Started two new forums for speed training and selling grinders
5. Switched my focus to creating a line of horses from scratch with Adoption Center horses (hopefully they will eventually also achieve that elusive world record goal ;))

That's all for now. :) Thanks for tuning in!

Key:

fp = face profile
fl = face length
j = jowl
n = neck length
sh = shoulder angle
pos = point of shoulder
r = rib cage
f = depth of flank
ha = hip angle
hl = hip length
l = leg thickness