Community Forum

Appaloosa

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
SeinaMacabre
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Appaloosa

Post by SeinaMacabre »

ramcminn wrote:Thanks :) Will they be added?
    • Yes. But there are more important things to add at the moment.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198052805042]Image[/url]
Need help starting at HWO? Check out my Guide!
Jorlana
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Jorlana »

Blazing Colors
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Blazing Colors »

hi,
i alteady got some quite nice looking appaloosa but i habe a problem nearly all have the same horses in their pedigree so i cant breed them together so i eanted to ask you all if you have any appaloosa you would put up for stud or for sale i would do the same fo you so that we can get the inbreeding percentage low! i am looking forward to hearing from you!
kollabee
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by kollabee »

I'm going to try and breed an Appaloosa ;) wish me luck
Inkiiy
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Inkiiy »

I've got an Appaloosa mare, but I want to breed a stallion with more diverse genetics. The white patterns were just added into the game, does this mean that in order to get the genes into our Appaloosas we'll have to start from Tarpan and Prezwalski again?
Syn
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Syn »

Inkiiy wrote:I've got an Appaloosa mare, but I want to breed a stallion with more diverse genetics. The white patterns were just added into the game, does this mean that in order to get the genes into our Appaloosas we'll have to start from Tarpan and Prezwalski again?

Just cross to a horse with white patterns and then backcross to Appaloosas until you're pure again. Cull any foals that aren't patterned. There's no reason to completely start from scratch!

On a related note, I have several patterned stallions available for public use at very reasonable fees.. ;)
APEX STUD
«α» suffix
dutch harness horses
MCh.++ Charcoal «α»
MCh.++ RH Thoughtful «α»
reyn
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by reyn »

I like to cross two breeds then cross back to the breed you want - that way you'll get a half breed right away.

For instance, you could breed a spotted Tarpan with a Nab/Prezwalski then breed the Tarpan x NAB/Preswalski to an Appaloosa and you'll produce a half Appaloosa :).
KigerQueen
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by KigerQueen »

I plan on breeding some more mustangs (currently have kigers right now) and would LOVE to add the Leopard complex to some mustangs!
Blazing Colors
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Blazing Colors »

hi, i got a good herd of beautful lightbuilt appaloosa and i got the patterns in my herd with some of them still beeing light but some throught the shetland and other ponys got smaller and heavier but still nice to look at and i wanted to ask if somebody wants to work with me together to get beautiful built and patterned appaloosas
Ms. Trouble Maker
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Ms. Trouble Maker »

Blazing Colors wrote:hi,
i alteady got some quite nice looking appaloosa but i habe a problem nearly all have the same horses in their pedigree so i cant breed them together so i eanted to ask you all if you have any appaloosa you would put up for stud or for sale i would do the same fo you so that we can get the inbreeding percentage low! i am looking forward to hearing from you!
Inbreeding isn't always a bad thing...I use it to try and keep some traits within my heard, now I try to make sure the COI doesn't go over 30%, when it get's to 50% the horse I feel doesn't perform well no matter how good the stats are...that and at some point defects will be added into the game...but for now I try to make sure it doesn't go over 30%. :) And if I had purebred Appy's I would. lol I'm actually looking for Purebred Appy's with nice white markings...I have a lot of nice horses with good solid white markings and large spots all over the body and I want to try and keep it that way.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Mon May 20, 2024 12:41 am

It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 12:41 am