Community Forum

Horse colours: Names and pictures

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Djeraya
Visit My Farm

Re: Horse colours: Names and pictures

Post by Djeraya »

No pearl, both his parents have only one cream each, if they would have had pearl it would have been visible. His father is buckskin roan, his mother seems to be a palomino appaloosa (legs look dark but if you check foal pictures of her her legs were light and only darkened because of the leopard), so parents colours' descriptions are correct. In my opinion your horse "Northern Cream" is a brown cream (he even passed brown + 1 cream on to his daughter and his mum has more brown offspring). He indeed looks very light, but that is because of the varnish. Cream pearl on brown or black looks more reddish, you can compare for example to her (look at mane colour, she is also roan so don't be confused by the light coat ^^):

Totina
Visit My Farm

Post by Totina »

RuneSnap wrote:Okay, this is starting to really frustrate me. I know this guy is a double cream, but is a pearl tossed into that? And what is he based off of? His mom might be a bay? It's just really hard to tell. Any help would be appreciated.

Northern Cream
His mother is palomino but the varnish roan is changing the color to look more like bay. It is easier to see the original color on younger horses before the varnish roan takes over. You horse is Brown Cream but the varnish roan is making the coat look lighter in some areas.
caters
Visit My Farm

Post by caters »

Here is 1 form of dominant white where the skin is pink but the horse isn't albino:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:DominantWhiteHorsesD.jpg

I gave you this link to an image so that you could add Dominant White to the color list.
Aela
Visit My Farm

Post by Aela »

caters wrote:Here is 1 form of dominant white where the skin is pink but the horse isn't albino:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:DominantWhiteHorsesD.jpg

I gave you this link to an image so that you could add Dominant White to the color list.
White patterns have yet to be added to the game, so there's no need to add "DW"s. I also believe the term Dominant White is outdated, and now goes under the name of White Spotting (WS) as there are multiple genes in different breeds that cause patterns similar to this.

Also, Albino horses do not exist

:)
Realistic Breed Project
Pssst, take a look below!

Aegidienberger Project, 2015 - 2018
Revv
Visit My Farm

Post by Revv »

I have what appears to be a Rose Gray horse: red roan looking base with gray face mask and silver dapples. Will you be adding more color modifiers? Thanks!
fakethislife
Visit My Farm

Post by fakethislife »

I have a Black Pearl Dun, if that would be the correct name for the colour. Would she be of use for a pic when she's older:

WDR Black Pearl
Tjigra
Visit My Farm

Post by Tjigra »

I can't figure out this one - http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/380664
His sire is a metallic buckskin, his dam listed as silver amber champagne, and I tend to believe both are correct. I believed at first my colt was a silver buckskin, but the more he grows, the less he looks like one to me. He's most definitely not champagne (doesn't have the freckled nose), and most definitely is silver, but on what base? He has too little red to be bay, he's too dark to be buckskin, I believe (can sooty here be expressed so evenly?) I might believe in black silver, but the pictures at the beginning of this thread show those much lighter too. He also doesn't seem to lighten as he grows, rather the opposite (I have his pictures saved in his gallery) So what colour is he?
Totina
Visit My Farm

Post by Totina »

Tjigra wrote:I can't figure out this one - http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/380664
His sire is a metallic buckskin, his dam listed as silver amber champagne, and I tend to believe both are correct. I believed at first my colt was a silver buckskin, but the more he grows, the less he looks like one to me. He's most definitely not champagne (doesn't have the freckled nose), and most definitely is silver, but on what base? He has too little red to be bay, he's too dark to be buckskin, I believe (can sooty here be expressed so evenly?) I might believe in black silver, but the pictures at the beginning of this thread show those much lighter too. He also doesn't seem to lighten as he grows, rather the opposite (I have his pictures saved in his gallery) So what colour is he?
He is silver on a black base without the dapples. I have a mare with the same coat colour (with no metallic shine).

Tjigra
Visit My Farm

Post by Tjigra »

Thanks! So the mare carries black.. good to know :)
Tjigra
Visit My Farm

Post by Tjigra »

What about this one? - http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/381930
Definitely champagne, but on what base? A bit too dark (I think) for gold champagne, mane and tail too light for amber. Amber silver? But then mane and tail are too dark again.
(She's a half sister to the previous one, so her dam was listed as amber silver, but she was much lighter than Veleda is..)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:34 am

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:34 am