BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Spotted Racing Thoroughbred Breeders Club

Post by BlackOak2 »

Leopard Horse wrote:
I like the way you think! I think that would be a good way to go, suggesting that I have the higher stat horses at the moment. I will put the two up, and u can offer $1 for them. Yes, I do think that those that fit the requiorments should be registered, so that we don't just have a mumble jumble of horses that do not. I am trying with two mares at the moment, one grade, one Gypsy.
http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/122307

The broken and Full is a great Idea as well, so people who have a broken are like, "AWW i can't register my horse." Stuff like that.
Well, using your horses as a base, because they're easy to obtain, and also because Shillelagh's dame is your bloodline, then by breeding back in, directly to your bloodline, should reset and revitalize too much outbreeding if and when it happens.

As I'm sure you're aware, too much outbreeding brings in too many odd genetics that don't always play well with each other.

So, yes, your stat'ed horses are better than what we can generally breed out-to, if only for the exceptional reason that we can breed back in-to your line in successive generations to fine-tune back to what they should be.

:| Of course, now I realize I just said that twice, in two different ways.
By the way, I just logged if you want to chat that way instead of here.
I'll collect them in a few moments.

I can also write-up a preliminary horse registration if you want me to handle it, then we can change what we need to. I can also do a separate one for horse accreditation.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

I like both of those horses, though they might be difficult to stat-upward for a few generations. I think Discover From The Witch will offer a better pattern than the other mare, but they both should offer a good patterning.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Mlloftus
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Mlloftus »

I would like to join, but I don't have any spotted Tbs yet. Is that ok?
Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.
~W.C. Fields
Leopard Horse
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Leopard Horse »

BlackOak2 wrote:I like both of those horses, though they might be difficult to stat-upward for a few generations. I think Discover From The Witch will offer a better pattern than the other mare, but they both should offer a good patterning.
Thanks! I am actually not home at the moment so I will log on to chat when I get back later. That would be great if you could do That, then I will add it to the main page.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

mlloftus wrote:I would like to join, but I don't have any spotted Tbs yet. Is that ok?
We were discussing what the req's would be for joining.
I think the general consensus at this point is that it will NOT be a requirement to have a leopard Tb to join.
Only to prove that you have viable, competitive thoroughbreds currently that have been bred by you.

We will have to discuss it, but it shouldn't be a problem. We will ping you when we're a little more set up, is that okay?
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Leopard Horse wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:I like both of those horses, though they might be difficult to stat-upward for a few generations. I think Discover From The Witch will offer a better pattern than the other mare, but they both should offer a good patterning.
Thanks! I am actually not home at the moment so I will log on to chat when I get back later. That would be great if you could do That, then I will add it to the main page.
I'll be on today for quite awhile. Do you know how many hours it will be for you before you're on after work?
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Mlloftus
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Mlloftus »

BlackOak2 wrote:
mlloftus wrote:I would like to join, but I don't have any spotted Tbs yet. Is that ok?
We were discussing what the req's would be for joining.
I think the general consensus at this point is that it will NOT be a requirement to have a leopard Tb to join.
Only to prove that you have viable, competitive thoroughbreds currently that have been bred by you.

We will have to discuss it, but it shouldn't be a problem. We will ping you when we're a little more set up, is that okay?
That's fine
~W.C. Fields
Jockey
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Jockey »

If you would like to try to breed one, I have a couple studs I could put up for free. :D Here they are if you are interested:
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2320682
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2340797
If not, that's totally fine too! I know they don't have 60 speed, but their parents have good racing records.
Mlloftus
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Mlloftus »

Jockey wrote:
If you would like to try to breed one, I have a couple studs I could put up for free. :D Here they are if you are interested:
If not, that's totally fine too! I know they don't have 60 speed, but their parents have good racing records.
Could I ping you when? I don't have any mares to use
~W.C. Fields
Jockey
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Jockey »

mlloftus wrote:
Jockey wrote: If you would like to try to breed one, I have a couple studs I could put up for free. :D Here they are if you are interested:
Could I ping you when? I don't have any mares to use
Sure! I have to get one aged to three years anyway. 8-)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat May 11, 2024 10:12 am

It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 10:12 am