Community Forum

Phenotype Influences Performance?

Join us today and Sunday for a questions and answers weekend. Anyone can submit a question and we'll answer quickly.
Argent
Visit My Farm

Re: Phenotype Influences Performance?

Post by Argent »

Essentially that; I'm fiddling with it trying to make my "ideal" horse but I had no way of knowing how tall it was.
Nate
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Nate »

I believe the person is around 5'6" for comparison. I normally just make it as big as it can be and still fit in the screen so I can see what I'm doing with the conformation points.
Signature? I don't need no stinkin' signature! Everybody knows who I am already!
Argent
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

There is no person on the demo. And in-game the horses and the person are on different planes, so it's difficult to go by that.
Sometimes I scale the horse up to work on the details, but I always like to see what it would actually look like; it helps me decide if the horse is too heavy or light for its size.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

I can add in a person to the demo later on to help with size reference.
Argent
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

Could the size function be represented in hands instead of the sliding scale?
And will roan, dun, etc. be added at some point?
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

Eventually the demo will be updated to be full functioned, but for now I think it's better to focus on the rest the game. I threw the demo together very quickly to demonstrate the potential for the game as part of our kickstarter marketing. The plan though is to connect the demo to the full game once we are ready to launch and backers will be able to use that to create their custom horses, and customize their adoption center foals.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 2:50 pm

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 2:50 pm