Community Forum

Advices on Arabian breeding

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Caramelapple3
Visit My Farm

Re: Advices on Arabian breeding

Post by Caramelapple3 »

Perséphone wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm an all new player trying to breed perfomant, colorful Arabians, which aren't too tall and have a really light body type, with a small, Arabian-style head. I currently have three arabians mares and a Turkmene x Arabian stallion, but do you know which breeds I could add in my lines for more colors and of a very light type ?

Thank everyone ! <3

Have a nice day !
I may have a few stallions you could stud to if you like. Feel free to around my farm in Arabian Pasture #1, Arabian Pasture #2, and the Barn.
Showtym_Stables
Visit My Farm

Post by Showtym_Stables »

Perséphone wrote:Your stallion looks really good ! Does he carry the leopard gene too ? If so, can I consider buying him ?
I'm solding my current stallion as he's really too tall (I've got nice fillies but, wow, I hoped they would be smaller) so yours would be a really nice choice as he's right the good height for my AC mares.
Also I have these few that are mustang's but are the right height and have the tobaino and leopard bloodlines
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2330796
https://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/127298
Tjigra
Visit My Farm

Post by Tjigra »

I am also trying to breed Arabians that are not over 16hh (they don't agree and get bigger each generation anyway :D) while retaining the dished head and high tail set. However I am trying to stay away from Leopard spots (and they don't agree on that either), while bringing in face and leg marks and dappled sooty. So I might have something to your liking lurking around on my ranches. I am not looking to sell most likely, but I can stud any stallion and lease almost any mare I have.
Breeds I use for outcrossing are mostly Turkmenes (for markings, speed and very light type), Akhal-Tekes (speed, type) and occasional Thoroughbreds (speed again, and there are lots of colours of them). NABs will give you patterns, but also a more robust, bulkier type, and it is not an easy task to get those full-blown patterns into Arabians, they mostly end up with just stockings (but it is possible - I have a patterned Arabian mare that looks nothing like an Arabian should, though. I haven't had a single patterned foal from an Arabian stallion from her, however).

To show a few on mine:
Spotted sooty palomino Arab x NAB cross

A bit big (16.3), but lovely and good performance too

A first gen cross between a performance stallion and a typey AC mare - lovely spots

Sooty silver buckskin, fingers crossed for dapples - and lovely type
Perséphone
Visit My Farm

Post by Perséphone »

Showtym wrote:
Perséphone wrote:Your stallion looks really good ! Does he carry the leopard gene too ? If so, can I consider buying him ?
I'm solding my current stallion as he's really too tall (I've got nice fillies but, wow, I hoped they would be smaller) so yours would be a really nice choice as he's right the good height for my AC mares.
There is also these fillys
https://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/95133
And these
https://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/99629
Showtym Fairy Tale is beautiful ! Would you be considering selling her ? Right now I'm short on money (had to buy new pastures lol) but I'll be trying to save up for new mares
Showtym
Visit My Farm

Post by Showtym »

Perséphone wrote:
Showtym Fairy Tale is beautiful ! Would you be considering selling her ? Right now I'm short on money (had to buy new pastures lol) but I'll be trying to save up for new mares
Sure, just ping me when you want them. They are $2000 each because you are a newbie
Perséphone
Visit My Farm

Post by Perséphone »

Tjigra wrote:I am also trying to breed Arabians that are not over 16hh (they don't agree and get bigger each generation anyway :D) while retaining the dished head and high tail set. However I am trying to stay away from Leopard spots (and they don't agree on that either), while bringing in face and leg marks and dappled sooty. So I might have something to your liking lurking around on my ranches. I am not looking to sell most likely, but I can stud any stallion and lease almost any mare I have.
Breeds I use for outcrossing are mostly Turkmenes (for markings, speed and very light type), Akhal-Tekes (speed, type) and occasional Thoroughbreds (speed again, and there are lots of colours of them). NABs will give you patterns, but also a more robust, bulkier type, and it is not an easy task to get those full-blown patterns into Arabians, they mostly end up with just stockings (but it is possible - I have a patterned Arabian mare that looks nothing like an Arabian should, though. I haven't had a single patterned foal from an Arabian stallion from her, however).

To show a few on mine:
Spotted sooty palomino Arab x NAB cross

A bit big (16.3), but lovely and good performance too

A first gen cross between a performance stallion and a typey AC mare - lovely spots

Sooty silver buckskin, fingers crossed for dapples - and lovely type
Wow, congrats, they are really beautiful ! For now on some of my mares are pregnant to my latest produced stud:

TC's I've Been Hoping

But I have the same problems as you, they do NOT agree on staying small ! So he's not the best choice for my taller mares. Could I stud them with your Amerigo C ? (he's so beautiful !)
Perséphone
Visit My Farm

Post by Perséphone »

Showtym wrote:
Perséphone wrote:
Sure, just ping me when you want them. They are $2000 each because you are a newbie
Thank you a lot :D Could I get Showtym Fairy Tale then ?
Showtym
Visit My Farm

Post by Showtym »

Perséphone wrote:
Showtym wrote: Sure, just ping me when you want them. They are $2000 each because you are a newbie
Sure! She's up!
Tjigra
Visit My Farm

Post by Tjigra »

Perséphone wrote: But I have the same problems as you, they do NOT agree on staying small ! So he's not the best choice for my taller mares. Could I stud them with your Amerigo C ? (he's so beautiful !)
Sure, I'll put him up. I have a permanent shortage of stud slots (too many very nice boys :D), but I'll free one up. Stud fee is 500.
Perséphone
Visit My Farm

Post by Perséphone »

Showtym wrote:
Perséphone wrote:
Sure! She's up!
Thanks a lot :D
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 12:46 am

It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 12:46 am