Community Forum

Is she pearl?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Icedangel11
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Is she pearl?

Post by Icedangel11 »

Alrighty, well thank you. She's still a lovely filly, but not what I was hoping for.
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Is she pearl?

Post by Argent »

Icedangel11 wrote:okay, so was her dams sire not an actual pearl if that is the case?
I can tell you Hattori was champagne, but not whether he was pearl. He is deceased, so I can only reference his sire, who was never crossed to a cream carrying horse to test that theory. Regardless, his coloration is irrelevant to the filly in question; he dam is a cream carrier, therefore that is all she could possibly inherit.
Icedangel11 wrote:Because shouldn't a pearl breed a pearl carrying horse?
"Should" is never a thing in color breeding. Either the answer is a "yes" in the case of homozygous parents passing on a single copy of a gene, or it is a "maybe" in the case of heterozygous parents passing on a single copy of a gene (or an "obviously not" for parents that do not carrying the gene at all). Consult punnett squares is you need an explanation of why this is.
Icedangel11 wrote:Sorry for the line of questions, I had paid, I think, about 2k for a 'pearl' studding to get the dam. And then the foal in question.. Is her sire pearl at all? Is she a cream/pearl dilute? Or Cream cream?
You wasted your money, as far as I can tell. The dam was a cream carrier, not a pearl carrier. At least the filly may be cream-pearl; her sire looks cream-pearl.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun May 19, 2024 4:54 pm

It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 4:54 pm