Community Forum

How many foals can my mare have up too?

Join us today and Sunday for a questions and answers weekend. Anyone can submit a question and we'll answer quickly.
Neon Blue
Visit My Farm

Re: How many foals can my mare have up too?

Post by Neon Blue »

Will mares be able to have twins? (maybe a 1% chance)
Also will it be possible for mares to die giving birth to their foals? (They could be more likely to die from having twins.)
Will vet checks, and shots be available on HWO? For example: If horses don't get their shots, they could become sick, and possibly die.
I know this is all a bit gloomy, but it happens in real life, and you want to make it realistic right?
Neon Blue
Visit My Farm

Post by Neon Blue »

I forgot to add this:
Maiden mares.
In real life, a mare is harder to get pregnant if she is an old maiden, as oppose to a mare of the same age who has had foals before. Will this be in the game, so lower fertility rate if they haven't been bred and are getting old, and slightly higher if they have been bred.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

We have a very full featured health, disease and illness section to the game. Not only can horses get sick, but if they are kept around other horses they could potentially pass their sickness on to other horses.

There may be a slight chance of mares producing twins but this will be added in later on.

We'll be doing a lot of research on horse fertility to make sure we reflect in the game as realistic as possible, BUT it's also important to us that a feature in the game doesn't detract from the Fun of playing. If a player has too much trouble getting a mare pregnant that might not be an enjoyable experience, so we have to keep it balanced.
Argent
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

Twinning is dangerous. Will there be health risks involved, as well as the option to abort one twin?
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

There will always be risks involved with breeding a mare. If twins are added to the game then we'll probably have the option of aborting one of them. Nothing is decided for sure yet.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 2:37 pm

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 2:37 pm