Community Forum

Operation: Let's have a real-life Knabstrupper! Current Stage: BABY IS HERE

Silverine
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Take a journey with Silverine. Operation: Let's have a real-life Knabstrupper!

Post by Silverine »

Update
Chatted with the vet today. Apparently Mojo decided to be a bugger and cycle early, so she had just cycled when we dropped her off. :oops: But the vet is short-cycling her so she should be ready to go mid-late next week, and then she can come home.
Katy_Kanes
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Take a journey with Silverine. Operation: Let's have a real-life Knabstrupper!

Post by Katy_Kanes »

Sorry if this is weird but are you doing live covering or the alternate (can't remember what its called).

I remember, we were having a barn sleepover and one of the mares there foaled earlier than expected so all 6 of us got to kinda help a little, but we watched the whole thing.
Silverine
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

Katy_Kanes wrote:Sorry if this is weird but are you doing live covering or the alternate (can't remember what its called).

I remember, we were having a barn sleepover and one of the mares there foaled earlier than expected so all 6 of us got to kinda help a little, but we watched the whole thing.
The original stallion I was looking at was live cover, but with this one we're doing AI. (He's all the way on the other side of the country, so we kind of have to. :lol:)

Six years ago I did foal watch for a maiden mare. The first week I was there a bunch of other people were super excited and slept over with me. After that first week they got bored. By the time the mare decided to have the baby I was the only one still sleeping at the barn. So I was the only one that got to see the baby being born. By the time everybody else got there she was already standing up. :lol: Definitely worth the three weeks of sleeping on a thin mattress on top of a bunch of hay bales.

And there's no way I'm going to miss Mojo's baby. Even if I have to sleep outside for months. The barn owner and manager are also super excited to potentially have a baby running around and we're talking about putting in a camera system so that all of the boarders can watch. If that happens I will definitely put a link up to the feed for you guys as well. :)
Katy_Kanes
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Katy_Kanes »

Silverine wrote:
Katy_Kanes wrote:Sorry if this is weird but are you doing live covering or the alternate (can't remember what its called).

The original stallion I was looking at was live cover, but with this one we're doing AI. (He's all the way on the other side of the country, so we kind of have to. :lol:)

Six years ago I did foal watch for a maiden mare. The first week I was there a bunch of other people were super excited and slept over with me. After that first week they got bored. By the time the mare decided to have the baby I was the only one still sleeping at the barn. So I was the only one that got to see the baby being born. By the time everybody else got there she was already standing up. :lol: Definitely worth the three weeks of sleeping on a thin mattress on top of a bunch of hay bales.

And there's no way I'm going to miss Mojo's baby. Even if I have to sleep outside for months. The barn owner and manager are also super excited to potentially have a baby running around and we're talking about putting in a camera system so that all of the boarders can watch. If that happens I will definitely put a link up to the feed for you guys as well. :)
That's a great idea!
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

oh YES!
A live feed would be fun to watch :D Even if I'm late to the party (like usual :D ).
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
vcuculi
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by vcuculi »

Silverine wrote:

hi silverine, I would like to buy these two knabstruppers:
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2529451
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2520727
Silverine
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

vcuculi wrote: hi silverine, I would like to buy these two knabstruppers:
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2529451
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2520727
Sadly my Knabstruppers are not for sale. And this topic is not for discussion of my in-game horses.
Mlloftus
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Mlloftus »

Silverine wrote: If that happens I will definitely put a link up to the feed for you guys as well. :)
YES! :D
Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.
~W.C. Fields
Silverine
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

I went to visit Mojo today. She's still up at the repro center. I should hear from the vet sometime soon about when she's coming home.

In the meantime, she's looking awesome! The repro center is taking amazing care of her! She's so much more relaxed up there than she was at the old barn (which she won't be going back to). :) It's nice to see her so calm and mellow. Back to the horse she was when I bought her versus being stressed out. <3

Some pics of my girly:
ImageImageImage

And a bonus! Baby pics! :D
The first pic is some sort of pony foal. Not sure what kind. Its mom was a pretty palomino named Butters. The other pics are of an Arabian baby. The only one curious enough to actually let me get nice pics. :lol: Its mom was a pretty dark brown named Grace.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

She does look really good!
And the foal pics are cute :P
It even looks like the people there wiped Mojo's nose completely clean. :D It's great to see horses well taken care of. After all, it's their reputation at stake, but still.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 09, 2024 6:27 pm

It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 6:27 pm