Community Forum

Operation: Let's have a real-life Knabstrupper! Current Stage: BABY IS HERE

Malakai10
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Operation: Let's have a real-life Knabstrupper! Current Stage: Got Milk? Yes, We Do!

Post by Malakai10 »

That's so interesting! Thanks for the video and photos
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Operation: Let's have a real-life Knabstrupper! Current Stage: Got Milk? Yes, We Do!

Post by BlackOak2 »

You know... It's kind of really fun! to see you poking and prodding Mojo! :twisted:

Even better that she's desensitizing to all of it, but still really fun to see that. :D

And as another note... early shedding can often mean early spring. Great little note for a newborn on the way. I'm going to think of this, that way, this year. Early spring. :D
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Silverine
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

02/17/2022 Update
We're about where we were yesterday. Mojo seems to have settled into a bit of a pattern with her signs - a little tighter and fuller in the AM and looser and smaller in the evening. Today she was particularly crabby with the horses on either side of her, pinning ears and swinging her hind end even when they were literally just standing there. This isn't completely abnormal for her - she is boss mare at the best of times so I'm not surprised by the behavior itself it's just a little more intense than normal.

I went ahead and bedded her run-in with straw today. It's still a bit early but I wanted her to get used to having the straw there.

Anyway, I have a ridiculous headache so I'm off to bed. Hopefully there will be more to report tomorrow.
Silverine
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

02/18/2022 Update
So I'm going to try and do daily updates from now on just to keep you guys in the loop of how things are going and keep a log for myself.

Firstly, here is a short video:

So Mojo's getting a squishy tushy. :) In other news, her milk has started to change color. It is not amber anymore. It is kind of a pale see-through white. Like regular milk if you put a bunch of water into it. Her pH is still high, so I don't expect baby for tonight at least. Probably at least a few more days (if not more).

Looking at the weather, it seems my area is supposed to rain basically non-stop starting next Tuesday and going through to Saturday. Thursday morning we're supposed to get a rain/snow mix. So for now I'm predicting that's when Mojo will decide to pop the baby out. Because it would be the least convenient time possible. :lol: But I'll continue to keep you guys updated as things change.
Draft-Feild Farm
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Draft-Feild Farm »

Lol horses will give you the worst end of the deal, if you have something really important the next day, thell make sure to hurt themselves the night of it. Truly impractical animals, I love them.
Silverine
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

Draft-Feild Farm wrote:Lol horses will give you the worst end of the deal, if you have something really important the next day, thell make sure to hurt themselves the night of it. Truly impractical animals, I love them.
They're ridiculous. They're so strong and yet so fragile. And they have a truly awful sense of timing. :lol:
Silverine
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

02/19/2022 Update
Not too many changes today. Mojo's milk pH was a little lower than yesterday but that's about it.

I set up my "nanny cam" today, but it's just a little baby monitor thing so I can't share it. :( But not to fear! I ordered a camera that should get here Monday that I may be able to share live video with. Even if I can't share the live it will record the event itself. :) Unless of course Mojo pops before Monday night. But I don't think that will happen. I'm still betting on next Thursday for now. :lol:
KingstonDressage
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by KingstonDressage »

Wow! I've been following this journey for almost a year now and I cant wait to see Mojo's foal! You both have had a long journey that is at the brim of ending! I'll definitely be on the lookout for a live, if there will be one! Good luck!
Silverine
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

KingstonDressage wrote:
Isn't it crazy how long this has been going on? And now the ... middle? ... part is almost over. :shock: I consider birth to weaning to be the "last" part. :lol:

02/23/2022 Update
I'm so sorry for the lapse in updates! Suffice to say nothing exciting has happened. Mojo's udder continues to enlarge. She continues to have her daily "high and tight" mornings and "low and loose" evenings. I spoke some with Pax's owner and she said that you'll know they're ready if you can take their tail and lay it flat along their back. We're definitely not to that point yet. :lol: Though based on Mojo's udder progress I expect to see wax any time now. I did a little squeeze on her left side today and milk basically shot out of it. I could even hear it. It sounded like when they milk cows on TV shows. :lol:

Some exciting news: the long-distance Mojo Cam is up and running! There are some caveats - the camera I went with is run through a security system (Arlo) so I can not post a live feed. I can, however, share access with some people. In order to have access you need to have an account with Arlo and then view the camera through their site (my.arlo.com) or through their phone app. If you would like access to the camera, let me know, and we can work something out.

For now, here is a short clip of the view from the Mojo Cam:
KingstonDressage
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by KingstonDressage »

Yes! I think that weaning would probably be the last steps! I've already made an account with Arlo, but I'm unsure of the next step to seeing the camera!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed May 08, 2024 6:22 pm

It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 6:22 pm