Community Forum

Short foals?

An archive of suggestions which are either added to the game or closed as "not possible". You may comment on archived suggestions but you cannot start a new post in this sub-forum.
ADownCenterline
Visit My Farm

Short foals?

Post by ADownCenterline »

My mare is 14.3, the stallion is 16.0, and the resulting foal won't barely make it to 14hh? That doesn't make sense at all and it's getting really frustrating, it's happened many times with many different crosses, this is the most recent.

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/45929
Satinka
Visit My Farm

Re: Short foals?

Post by Satinka »

Dito. I have a lot of crosses and they get smaller and smaller with every generation. Even if I use bigger stallions.
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

Especially the fillies. I call it shrinking mare syndrome XD
Millwood
Visit My Farm

Post by Millwood »

I have some that end up huge as well, one of my smaller mares had one foal really short and the other ended up about 18hh LOL!
ADownCenterline
Visit My Farm

Post by ADownCenterline »

Argent wrote:Especially the fillies. I call it shrinking mare syndrome XD
They tweaked that so it's not SO bad, but I've had colts from those crosses born at 33in and don't pass eval for 15hh
Ms. Trouble Maker
Visit My Farm

Post by Ms. Trouble Maker »

Somewhere in the 7 generations there may have been a horse that was short or one that was tall. I get it sometimes, but I rarely breed anyone one elses horses....just mine so I know which ones had good evaluations and which ones don't....even then I only try to breed good evaluation horses first, and then concentrate on the look I want as a secondary
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:24 pm

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:24 pm