Community Forum

Fleabitten Grey?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Fleabitten Grey?

Post by EclipticEnd »

HorseCrazy275 wrote:Mk ty! but what is a AC Arabian?
AC in this game stands for Adoption Centre. In this case they mean an Arabian that you pay Pony Tokens for from the Adoption Centre rather than an Arabian from the "Horses for Sale" tab of the Market.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

HorseCrazy275 wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:
You'll need to find a horse with the gray gene. AC arabians are usually the quickest to that goal (especially if you want to avoid a lot of other unknown genes). And there are fleabites on some AC arabians even at their 4 years age. Just look for the horses with a gray head or a graying body.
Gray is dominant, so you only need one of these to see it. Plus, all gray-carrying foals are born with an 'adult' coat, so it's also easy to see which horses are going to gray-out even as a newborn.

As far as getting fleabites themselves. Just favor the horses with fleabites in the patterns and in the year-stages you want them. If you want them to appear super early, then keep the foals that grow up with fleabites appearing earlier than the others.

For AC arabians, it could be as much as 50% or more that they'll fleabite out. Actually, having horses that remain gray and don't fleabite at all or to some, even minimal extent, eventually is extremely rare, so your chances are pretty good that a gray horse you breed to and obtain the foal from, will eventually fleabite at some point.
Mk ty! but what is a AC Arabian?
AC = Adoption Centre
When used on HWO (this game) it means any horse retrieved from the AC. You can confirm this by looking at their pedigree and seeing that there are NO ancestors (no parents, grandparents, etc.).

So, in this case I meant an Arabian that's come out of the Adoption Centre.

Anything else? :mrgreen:
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
HorseCrazy275
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by HorseCrazy275 »

EclipticEnd wrote:
HorseCrazy275 wrote:Mk ty! but what is a AC Arabian?
AC in this game stands for Adoption Centre. In this case they mean an Arabian that you pay Pony Tokens for from the Adoption Centre rather than an Arabian from the "Horses for Sale" tab of the Market.
ok tysm!
HorseCrazy275
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by HorseCrazy275 »

BlackOak2 wrote:
HorseCrazy275 wrote:
Mk ty! but what is a AC Arabian?
AC = Adoption Centre
When used on HWO (this game) it means any horse retrieved from the AC. You can confirm this by looking at their pedigree and seeing that there are NO ancestors (no parents, grandparents, etc.).

So, in this case I meant an Arabian that's come out of the Adoption Centre.

Anything else? :mrgreen:
not rn lol tysm!
HorseCrazy275
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by HorseCrazy275 »

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

He is a horse carrying the gray gene. :D
Congrats!

Under his gray, he's a bay... that doesn't matter too much since you're looking for fleabites in particular. However, it's a nice thing to know that the fleabites will carry the color of what's under the gray. In his case, he'll have tiny bay-colored flecks over most of his body and down on his lower legs, if the fleabites come out down there as well, they'll be tiny black-colored flecks.

Now you can breed him to your mares and see when they start fleabiting out. As your stallion ages, keep an eye on him and try to catch his fleabites just as they start to appear. Then you can use his fleabiting stage (like if he starts to when he turns 10 years or 10.5 years, etc.) to see if any of his foals are earlier than he. Then just favor the earliest and rehome the rest... rinse and repeat until you acquire your desired outcome.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
HorseCrazy275
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by HorseCrazy275 »

BlackOak2 wrote:
He is a horse carrying the gray gene. :D
Congrats!

Under his gray, he's a bay... that doesn't matter too much since you're looking for fleabites in particular. However, it's a nice thing to know that the fleabites will carry the color of what's under the gray. In his case, he'll have tiny bay-colored flecks over most of his body and down on his lower legs, if the fleabites come out down there as well, they'll be tiny black-colored flecks.

Now you can breed him to your mares and see when they start fleabiting out. As your stallion ages, keep an eye on him and try to catch his fleabites just as they start to appear. Then you can use his fleabiting stage (like if he starts to when he turns 10 years or 10.5 years, etc.) to see if any of his foals are earlier than he. Then just favor the earliest and rehome the rest... rinse and repeat until you acquire your desired outcome.
Ok tysm!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 17, 2024 5:32 am

It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 5:32 am