Community Forum

Missing Breed Data: Post the breeds you need

An archive of suggestions which are either added to the game or closed as "not possible". You may comment on archived suggestions but you cannot start a new post in this sub-forum.
Confessions
Visit My Farm

Re: Missing Breed Data: Post the breeds you need

Post by Confessions »

I think Welsh Mountain Ponies are just hard to breed because the breeds used to create them are so different from the requirements for the breed. TB x Hackney is what keeps causing me trouble. I'm finding it hard to get a half decent one that has any chance of producing a foal that will be a 4 * Welsh.
Aywren
Visit My Farm

Post by Aywren »

Rogue Lightning wrote:Is there data for the Welsh Mountain Pony? I have been trying to breed for some with no success.
I also have been trying to breed them with no luck. I've had several pairs and a lot of fails, so I wondered if there was no data, too.
Confessions
Visit My Farm

Post by Confessions »

You can tell if there's no data by evaluating a horse with the breed book. Welsh Mountain Ponies have the Body Size listed as 20-35% that means there IS breed data for them in the game. If there wasn't, it would say 0-0%.
What are you breeding to try and get Welshies? Do both parents have 3-4 stars when evaluated as Welsh Mountain Ponies?
Aywren
Visit My Farm

Post by Aywren »

Confessions wrote:You can tell if there's no data by evaluating a horse with the breed book. Welsh Mountain Ponies have the Body Size listed as 20-35% that means there IS breed data for them in the game. If there wasn't, it would say 0-0%.
What are you breeding to try and get Welshies? Do both parents have 3-4 stars when evaluated as Welsh Mountain Ponies?
No, they don't. I'm still fairly new at this, so I didn't know that was a factor in being able to cross for a new breed. Guess I better keep working at it! Thanks!
Azureskies
Visit My Farm

Post by Azureskies »

Aywren wrote:
Confessions wrote:You can tell if there's no data by evaluating a horse with the breed book. Welsh Mountain Ponies have the Body Size listed as 20-35% that means there IS breed data for them in the game. If there wasn't, it would say 0-0%.
No, they don't. I'm still fairly new at this, so I didn't know that was a factor in being able to cross for a new breed. Guess I better keep working at it! Thanks!
I had a really hard time with the Manipuri because it requires an Arabian but still needs to maintain a heavy weight and short stature. To compensate for that I bred a failed Manipuri and bred it back to the shortest and heaviest Arabian I could find (a female usually works best because they're shorter than the stallions) until it was a pure Arabian again and then tried to cross breed again. It takes time but it worked for me.
Confessions
Visit My Farm

Post by Confessions »

I would definitely suggest you get the breed book and evaluate all your horses involved in breeding welsh ponies :) I tried a cross of the breeds first but the parents only usually had 1* and the foals would be lucky to have any. Because Welsh Mountain Ponies have Thoroughbred x Hackney on one side it can be hard because they're too tall, they're horse type, a lot of things that are so far from what Welsh Mountain Ponies so I'm trying to get them closer to the correct height, body size etc by breeding them to ponies and then back to the original breed :) A few other people are working on it from what I've seen so it'd be awesome if more people could put up for stud anything that can help. Small Thoroughbreds, or small Hackney's. Haha :) I don't know about you guys but if I ever do end up with a Welsh it'll be so inbred!
Rogue Lightning
Visit My Farm

Post by Rogue Lightning »

I have a Thoroughbred mare that somehow is pony type. Unfortunately she is going on 21 years old and I haven't gotten more pony type foals from her. I'm working on making short Cleveland Bays to start from scratch with getting more small Hackneys and try to reduce inbreeding. If crossing with ponies works I may try that with them.
Millwood
Visit My Farm

Post by Millwood »

Azureskies wrote: I had a really hard time with the Manipuri because it requires an Arabian but still needs to maintain a heavy weight and short stature. To compensate for that I bred a failed Manipuri and bred it back to the shortest and heaviest Arabian I could find (a female usually works best because they're shorter than the stallions) until it was a pure Arabian again and then tried to cross breed again. It takes time but it worked for me.
That's how I got Boulonnais, they also are a heavy type breed made up mostly of light horses. I bred some belgian in and I also used the close but failed ones if they came out mixed spanish barb for instance to breed back to my forest x arabs to get them even closer in type and eventually got some that way
Sunpath
Visit My Farm

Post by Sunpath »

Gotland Russ! (pony breed)
Sunpath Acres brand: - Ṩᴬ -
Second account: SunpathAcres
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:21 am

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:21 am