Community Forum

zebras?

An archive of suggestions which are either added to the game or closed as "not possible". You may comment on archived suggestions but you cannot start a new post in this sub-forum.
Nic0924
Visit My Farm

zebras?

Post by Nic0924 »

idk if its been suggested but it would be awesome to eventually be able to have the "zebra" breed too. there's already the leg and body stripes, and itd be so cool to be able to breed back and have zorses and zonkeys! lol
Janga
Visit My Farm

Re: zebras?

Post by Janga »

Zebras are not mount, they are untamable.
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

No support. Zebras are not a different breed, they're a different species. Zebra-Horse crosses are infertile, so there would be no breeding back.
SageFeather145
Visit My Farm

Post by SageFeather145 »

I support the idea of zebras. They can be used for the event of liberty , and i think it would be fun to have zebras and donkeys for something thats exotic without being too crazy.
Azureskies
Visit My Farm

Post by Azureskies »

Argent is right. Realistically speaking, any crosses with zebras would be the end of their line. Mules are generally infertile as well. There's only a handful of recorded cases of mules giving birth.
Encounter
Visit My Farm

Post by Encounter »

No support! Becuse in real life, its not possible to get a zebra as a pet, Only donkeys, and if you get a donkey you can only use a donkey or a horse on it for breeding. But when you use a horse it stops breeding from beeing born sterilized. So every cross between a horse and a donkey will always be a mule(Donkey male, horse female) or hinny(horse male,donkey female).
And in real life its quite hard to get a donkey aswell, specialy her in Norway, you need to talk with an zoo to import a donkey to get one as a pet.
So i really dont support zebras, but maybe donkeys. But then every cross needs to be born sterilized and called a mule or hinny.
SageFeather145
Visit My Farm

Post by SageFeather145 »

People in the u.s. Can get zebras as pets quite easily.
Nic0924
Visit My Farm

Post by Nic0924 »

well i just thought since this is a game and the point is to be able to use breeding to make a breed, zebras, as well as donkeys are still part of the same equus genus. you could make them breedable to other horses because this is a game and not real life. orr if you wanted everything to be realistic, you could make zebras and donkeys part of the horses you get from the adoption center. you could still compete them even if they couldn't have offspring; or if you bred them with their own kind you could get viable offspring. And like sagefeathers said- in the USA its very easy to get one. my neighbor has one. and it is tamable. and rid able, thats the whole reason i suggested the idea.
Encounter
Visit My Farm

Post by Encounter »

Nic0924 wrote:well i just thought since this is a game and the point is to be able to use breeding to make a breed, zebras, as well as donkeys are still part of the same equus genus. you could make them breedable to other horses because this is a game and not real life. orr if you wanted everything to be realistic, you could make zebras and donkeys part of the horses you get from the adoption center. you could still compete them even if they couldn't have offspring; or if you bred them with their own kind you could get viable offspring. And like sagefeathers said- in the USA its very easy to get one. my neighbor has one. and it is tamable. and rid able, thats the whole reason i suggested the idea.

okay :) Because i have not seen anyone here in this contry or the nearby contries that have zebras :)
But if the zebras and donkeys are comming to the game then maybe we can have different categories in them?
Like donkeys you have African Wild Donkey that is belived to be the ancestor of the donkey.
In this page it is more about witch breeds of donkeys there is out in the world.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_donkey_breeds
And in this page there are zebra species.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zebra

Maybe not needed to have all of the different types, but maybe one or to from each?
Nic0924
Visit My Farm

Post by Nic0924 »

i like that idea.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:39 pm

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:39 pm