Community Forum

August Farms, once again

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Stormchase Stables
Visit My Farm

Re: August Farms, once again

Post by Stormchase Stables »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Stormchase Stables wrote: I know most people would assume that SS stood for "Stormchase Stables", but a few days ago someone emailed me (I have a HWO email up on my profile) and said that I was "supporting *" and such things, probably a troll but I needed a fresh start anyway :) I've never had to deal with anyone who automatically assumed it stood for the Schutzstaffel and not the initials of my username, but there's a first time for everything..
As for the swastika - wasn't it a Sanskrit word/symbol? I guess everything really is borrowed :shock:
Best to never respond to such things. They're looking for attention. Pot stirrers the lot of them. But changing it can be a way to avoid such things as well.

I'm sure you blocked the email it came from, right? :D And there is such a thing as phishing as well. There's a lot of ways you can get the email user in trouble, even through your email service provider. :twisted:

It might've been sanskrit, I don't remember. I do remember, I think, that it did originate from the african, sub-saharan, lower ... arabic?... areas.

I actually find it funny when people pull... 'borrow' things that they think represents them appropriately and some of the rest of us see it, know a bit more of it's history, hear what it's supposed to be representing for the new 'club' and we're like, 'that means or describes exactly what you're opposed to.' :lol:

No imagination! :mrgreen:
Yep, I blocked the person and deleted the email right after reading, and I think I know who it is. At least, I was going through the forums and I saw someone with the same username as the email address. I didn't reply or talk to them through here, I think they're a younger player that thought they'd turn my life upside down and, I don't know, take my in-game money :lol: . It seemed genuine, like they had pulled up articles about neonazis in video games/discord servers (so much research for what, exactly? )

Oh God.. like those awful "Gen Z" tattoos that were, similarly to my situation, used by N*zis. I think it was a Wolfsangel. Which, in turn, was originally a symbol to ward off wolves that the N*zis borrowed.
Only, a tattoo is permanent, painful, visible and costs money while an in-game username is easily modified 8-)

Edit: Didn't know the game doesn't let me use the word n**i. Oops.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Stormchase Stables wrote: Yep, I blocked the person and deleted the email right after reading, and I think I know who it is. At least, I was going through the forums and I saw someone with the same username as the email address. I didn't reply or talk to them through here, I think they're a younger player that thought they'd turn my life upside down and, I don't know, take my in-game money :lol: . It seemed genuine, like they had pulled up articles about neonazis in video games/discord servers (so much research for what, exactly? )

Oh God.. like those awful "Gen Z" tattoos that were, similarly to my situation, used by *. I think it was a Wolfsangel. Which, in turn, was originally a symbol to ward off wolves that the * borrowed.
Only, a tattoo is permanent, painful, visible and costs money while an in-game username is easily modified 8-)
Yup! Yup! :D

If it crosses into the game however, send it immediately to admin siting harassment or worse... at that point it could easily be considered trolling or bullying... well, the try to do so. We can't let such things start happening on this game. We have a good, solid community here and we all have worked hard to keep it that way.

Perhaps they were one of those 'politically correct' types. They're a modern style of pot stirrer, they're the ones that stir up trouble for something that hadn't, doesn't or isn't a problem but they think should be. And in many cases they have no connections to either side to begin with.

I'm not a fan of politically correct.

And before I'll say something that might get me into trouble or stir something else up, I'll end that there! :lol:
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Stormchase Stables
Visit My Farm

BlackOak2 wrote:

If it crosses into the game however, send it immediately to admin siting harassment or worse... at that point it could easily be considered trolling or bullying... well, the try to do so. We can't let such things start happening on this game. We have a good, solid community here and we all have worked hard to keep it that way.

Perhaps they were one of those 'politically correct' types. They're a modern style of pot stirrer, they're the ones that stir up trouble for something that hadn't, doesn't or isn't a problem but they think should be. And in many cases they have no connections to either side to begin with.

And before I'll say something that might get me into trouble or stir something else up, I'll end that there! :lol:
Nothing on the game as of yet, and personally I think it was a kid that just had history class about WW2 and stumbled across one of my horses. And then thought, "ohmygod it's a neon*zi". I'm thinking 11-13 year old know-it-all.

Ah yes, like this kid I know who got mad at me for dying the tips of my hair blue during the summer. The reason? He's a Trump supporter and apparently anything with the color blue is a personal attack against him. And, like you, I'm not going to start talking about Trumpies and politics because this is a family-friendly horse breeding game :?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Stormchase Stables wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:

Nothing on the game as of yet, and personally I think it was a kid that just had history class about WW2 and stumbled across one of my horses. And then thought, "ohmygod it's a neon*zi". I'm thinking 11-13 year old know-it-all.

Ah yes, like this kid I know who got mad at me for dying the tips of my hair blue during the summer. The reason? He's a Trump supporter and apparently anything with the color blue is a personal attack against him. And, like you, I'm not going to start talking about Trumpies and politics because this is a family-friendly horse breeding game :?
Ahhh... Politics. Like religion, it's a kill-all. :lol: Worse than a bad joke made in ill-taste for the sole and express reason to hurt somebody's feelings.
Yes, let's not go there. :D

And look... it killed our nice chat anyway. :lol: :roll:

Oops.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Stormchase Stables
Visit My Farm

BlackOak2 wrote:
Stormchase Stables wrote: Nothing on the game as of yet, and personally I think it was a kid that just had history class about WW2 and stumbled across one of my horses. And then thought, "ohmygod it's a neon*zi". I'm thinking 11-13 year old know-it-all.

Ahhh... Politics. Like religion, it's a kill-all. :lol: Worse than a bad joke made in ill-taste for the sole and express reason to hurt somebody's feelings.
Yes, let's not go there. :D

And look... it killed our nice chat anyway. :lol: :roll:

Oops.
I'm a talkative person.. online. Feel free to chat anytime, but maybe not about politics and 1940's mid-war Europe :lol:
I actually haven't finished my math essay so I probably should go do that. Probably.
I forgot how addictive this game was.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Stormchase Stables wrote: I'm a talkative person.. online. Feel free to chat anytime, but maybe not about politics and 1940's mid-war Europe :lol:
I actually haven't finished my math essay so I probably should go do that. Probably.
Hah! You got that right. :mrgreen:
I have no more studies to handle anymore, been out of school for quite some time. But I still see myself neglecting certain things when I'm on this game.

I'll be around, too.

Don't neglect the studies too much. They're boring, but important... to a point. :lol: I still can't say I've ever used geometry outside of school! :| Actual geometry anyway. I already knew, understood and utilized the concepts of such things before even taking the class. The class itself was required and Such A Waste. Plus it thoroughly confused what I did already know. Had to relearn the crap when I too trig. That's a bad teacher for you. :roll: My trig teacher was So Much Better.
Can't say I ever used trig in real life either though! :lol: Just basic math. So much for receiving a 'proper' education.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Stormchase Stables
Visit My Farm

BlackOak2 wrote:
Stormchase Stables wrote: I'm a talkative person.. online. Feel free to chat anytime, but maybe not about politics and 1940's mid-war Europe :lol:
I have no more studies to handle anymore, been out of school for quite some time. But I still see myself neglecting certain things when I'm on this game.

I'll be around, too.

Don't neglect the studies too much. They're boring, but important... to a point. :lol: I still can't say I've ever used geometry outside of school! :| Actual geometry anyway. I already knew, understood and utilized the concepts of such things before even taking the class. The class itself was required and Such A Waste. Plus it thoroughly confused what I did already know. Had to relearn the crap when I too trig. That's a bad teacher for you. :roll: My trig teacher was So Much Better.
Can't say I ever used trig in real life either though! :lol: Just basic math. So much for receiving a 'proper' education.
I don't think I'll get around to finishing my math essay today, but hey, there's always tomorrow at 5:30 am.
I'm aiming for the psychology, sociology, anthropology area so I'm not sure I'll be needing everything I learned during Algebra 2 and anything involving trigonometry either, but to get into my dream college I'll have to hang on for the rest of this year :cry:
It's almost over.. High school is almost over.. I can almost taste freedom..
Looking forward to college and leaving this city for good ;)
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

BlackOak2 wrote:

I'll be around, too.

I don't think I'll get around to finishing my math essay today, but hey, there's always tomorrow at 5:30 am.
I'm aiming for the psychology, sociology, anthropology area so I'm not sure I'll be needing everything I learned during Algebra 2 and anything involving trigonometry either, but to get into my dream college I'll have to hang on for the rest of this year :cry:
Hah! I remember those days. Unlike some people, I don't remember my time in school as 'fondly'. And I didn't even have a bad time of it.

Good luck!
And stay strong and obstinate for as long as you can. That will serve you well and perhaps serve you better than many other skills you might have.
:mrgreen:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Stormchase Stables
Visit My Farm

BlackOak2 wrote:
Stormchase Stables wrote: I don't think I'll get around to finishing my math essay today, but hey, there's always tomorrow at 5:30 am.
Hah! I remember those days. Unlike some people, I don't remember my time in school as 'fondly'. And I didn't even have a bad time of it.

Good luck!
And stay strong and obstinate for as long as you can. That will serve you well and perhaps serve you better than many other skills you might have.
Thank you!
I am mentally steeling myself for tomorrow morning. It's not my problem today, but it will be tomorrow :mrgreen:
I'm going to bed at a reasonable time today, so goodnight (or good morning, afternoon, wherever you are) ^-^
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

BlackOak2 wrote:

Good luck!
Thank you!
I am mentally steeling myself for tomorrow morning. It's not my problem today, but it will be tomorrow :mrgreen:
I'm going to bed at a reasonable time today, so goodnight (or good morning, afternoon, wherever you are) ^-^
Afternoon for me.

Goodnight, sleep well! :mrgreen:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 12:21 am

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 12:21 am