Community Forum

BrokenOak Stables: Yorkshire Coach Horses

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
BrokenOak
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: BrokenOak Stables: Yorkshire Coach Horses and Harness Racing Standardbreds

Post by BrokenOak »

Chortle wrote:Hello!
Some time ago you bred a Latvian Riding horse stallion. I am trying to create this breed on hwo and was wondering if this was your intention at the time? How did you go about it? So far I've gotten as far as finding a bunch of Arabian mares with good breeding reports. I've been thinking of crossing them out to heavier pony types?
I just finally bred a Latvian Riding Horse Filly. I do plan on cultivating the breed and creating a show string of these horses. If you are planning on doing the same, I would love to mingle stock.
Chortle
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Chortle »

BrokenOak wrote:I just finally bred a Latvian Riding Horse Filly. I do plan on cultivating the breed and creating a show string of these horses. If you are planning on doing the same, I would love to mingle stock.
I thought I might move on to Latvian Harness Horses (I bought a bunch of NAB mares to start on Thoroughbreds, though Tbs are a base breed for both breeds), but I am filled with determination to breed at least a few LRH. I want to see which performs better. I would like to have a herd of both. I have managed to breed one Anglo-Arabian colt, and I have a part Norfolk colt and a mixed Norfolk filly by different studs, as well as an older light Norfolk Trotter mare.

I would love to cooperate, but I don't think I'd be much use.
BrokenOak
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BrokenOak »

Chortle wrote:
BrokenOak wrote:I just finally bred a Latvian Riding Horse Filly. I do plan on cultivating the breed and creating a show string of these horses. If you are planning on doing the same, I would love to mingle stock.
I thought I might move on to Latvian Harness Horses (I bought a bunch of NAB mares to start on Thoroughbreds, though Tbs are a base breed for both breeds), but I am filled with determination to breed at least a few LRH. I want to see which performs better. I would like to have a herd of both. I have managed to breed one Anglo-Arabian colt, and I have a part Norfolk colt and a mixed Norfolk filly by different studs, as well as an older light Norfolk Trotter mare.

I have a lot of Norfolks and Anglo right now that are not the best for LRH, maybe they have better scores for the harness counter part.
Feel free to ask for any of them, I am willing to part with them at a low price.
BrokenOak
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BrokenOak »

Chortle wrote:

This filly is perfect for LHH. She is all yours if you want.
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/342813
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/333032

Opps these guys are not really apart of the process are they.
Chortle
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Chortle »

BrokenOak wrote: This filly is perfect for LHH. She is all yours if you want.

Hence the Thoroughbred project, though it's weird. I bought the book and the standards for LHH are suspiciously nice. I do kind of want the LHH to be mostly my work so that I feel more proud of it. I already have tons of naming ideas.
Do you plan on going for a real life looking LRH or do you plan to do dilutes and patterns? I can translate some of the materials if you ever want to know about that sort of thing.
BrokenOak
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: BrokenOak Stables: Yorkshire Coach Horses

Post by BrokenOak »

Chortle wrote:
BrokenOak wrote: This filly is perfect for LHH. She is all yours if you want.

Hence the Thoroughbred project, though it's weird. I bought the book and the standards for LHH are suspiciously nice. I do kind of want the LHH to be mostly my work so that I feel more proud of it. I already have tons of naming ideas.
Do you plan on going for a real life looking LRH or do you plan to do dilutes and patterns? I can translate some of the materials if you ever want to know about that sort of thing.
I would love to do a more natural herd.
Right now I have my stallion and filly, both of which have dun in them.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Mon May 20, 2024 3:59 am

It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 3:59 am