Community Forum

ISO pony-type Arabian

Post your stallions available for stud, or stallions you are looking for.
Forum rules
Make sure to include a descriptive subject so other players know quickly which threads to have a look at.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: ISO pony-type Arabian

Post by BlackOak2 »

Nazarach wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=15746&p=96307#p96307

I can breed one for you, a shorty. The stock I have holds to the medium or heavier when bred to light-types. All I need to know, is if there's something else you don't want (other than To or Lp).

And, more than willing to produce a foal for you for free.

But, the foal won't be anything special. :D
:D My saviour! <3

That would be great! medium is quite alright with me - might even be better in the long run, so... yeah ^^' they shouldn't be too small though I think - or would a shorty bred with a smallish/13hh parent be liable to still throw a really tiny foal? if just lesser height is a possibility I'd definitly be interested :3

also no mohawk maybe? I don't know if thats even in your reportoire but better to mention it than not ;)

Many thanks anyways :D If you want to use any studs or potential crop/overflow foals of mine give me a notice :)
My stock is still quite mixed, so there's a potential to throw a tall foal now and again. Certain stock I know what they'll throw and what they [usually] won't, so that's an important point. :lol:
I'll use the taller of my shorties (under 14.2) to ensure that they'll still be within range, but not produce super shorts.
For the most part, the foal you get, should produce in that range (13 hands to 15 hands) and in the medium range (when paired with lighter stock or light-favoring stock), although it'll be a heavy parent itself.

I'll pull the mare, breed her and she should pop sometime later today (if the game isn't too laggy). I'll let you know all of what drops.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by Nazarach »

BlackOak2 wrote: My stock is still quite mixed, so there's a potential to throw a tall foal now and again. Certain stock I know what they'll throw and what they [usually] won't, so that's an important point. :lol:
I'll use the taller of my shorties (under 14.2) to ensure that they'll still be within range, but not produce super shorts.
For the most part, the foal you get, should produce in that range (13 hands to 15 hands) and in the medium range (when paired with lighter stock or light-favoring stock), although it'll be a heavy parent itself.

I'll pull the mare, breed her and she should pop sometime later today (if the game isn't too laggy). I'll let you know all of what drops.
that sounds like it will work ^^ thanks - finding pony types in the market is a thing of impossibility v_v so many hundred pages and each one would have to click - after 30+ i gave up and hoped for some kind people to take notice of my request T^T and there you are ;)

no need to rush yourself :) I've been in employment again as of this week, so I'm only here in the evenings - and if someone offers me to breed something it'd be rather rude to put them on time constraints imo ^^'
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Nazarach wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote: My stock is still quite mixed, so there's a potential to throw a tall foal now and again. Certain stock I know what they'll throw and what they [usually] won't, so that's an important point. :lol:

that sounds like it will work ^^ thanks - finding pony types in the market is a thing of impossibility v_v so many hundred pages and each one would have to click - after 30+ i gave up and hoped for some kind people to take notice of my request T^T and there you are ;)

no need to rush yourself :) I've been in employment again as of this week, so I'm only here in the evenings - and if someone offers me to breed something it'd be rather rude to put them on time constraints imo ^^'
:D Noted.
If he ages up to breeding age, I'll move him to board to await pickup then. So you won't need to remember to swing by too quickly to pick him up.

And Congrats!

As of right now, I think I'm the only one that has a dedicated heavy arab line (publicly available upon request). There may be some out there that have produced a heavy arabian, but when crossed with light-favoring stock (like an AC arab), they'll just throw light stock. However... I could be wrong. :P
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

First is a colt, but a shortie. Up if you're still interested in him (freebie). The mare's been rebred for another try.

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3420403
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Woodstock
Visit My Farm

Post by Woodstock »

So I have just seen this. With my current project Dole Gudrbandsdal I have been working to make some heavier build/pony type Arabs. From what I can find through my farm I only have one: https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3355655. I wouldn't be willing to sell him but if you would be interested in me putting him up for you just let me know as well as if you find any other studs on my farm that might work. If I produce anymore I will keep you in mind as well.
Cheers!
Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by Nazarach »

BlackOak2 wrote: And Congrats!

As of right now, I think I'm the only one that has a dedicated heavy arab line (publicly available upon request). There may be some out there that have produced a heavy arabian, but when crossed with light-favoring stock (like an AC arab), they'll just throw light stock. However... I could be wrong. :P
BlackOak2 wrote:First is a colt, but a shortie. Up if you're still interested in him (freebie). The mare's been rebred for another try.

Thank you ^-^

wow o.o he is really on the heavy side...if the 2nd one drops in a slightly lighter variant I'd actually prefere them, but otherwise (or if it'll be one you'd rather keep) I'll gladly take him - anything to get the pounds on my little ones :D
Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by Nazarach »

Woodstock wrote:So I have just seen this. With my current project Dole Gudrbandsdal I have been working to make some heavier build/pony type Arabs. From what I can find through my farm I only have one: https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3355655. I wouldn't be willing to sell him but if you would be interested in me putting him up for you just let me know as well as if you find any other studs on my farm that might work. If I produce anymore I will keep you in mind as well.
Cheers!
Now theres movement in the bushes ^^' hello and thanks for dropping by! :D

I'll have to pass a few rounds first but he has some good points I'd like to take (or try to) advantage of with a mare from a different project :) If you'd be willing to put him up in a few hours - or anytime this weekend - I'd be very gratefull :3
Also, this one https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3355654 has a lovely color <3 If you are amenable I'd also like him as a stud for a mare of mine :) How much would you want for them as studding-fees?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Nazarach wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote: And Congrats!

BlackOak2 wrote:First is a colt, but a shortie. Up if you're still interested in him (freebie). The mare's been rebred for another try.

Thank you ^-^

wow o.o he is really on the heavy side...if the 2nd one drops in a slightly lighter variant I'd actually prefere them, but otherwise (or if it'll be one you'd rather keep) I'll gladly take him - anything to get the pounds on my little ones :D
Sadly, they all have a larger chance to be very heavy. I haven't fully completed this project.
When I stopped, I felt it was better to pause in this area then another, because most of the quest recipe's requiring heavy arabians have us breeding back to lighter arabian stock or other light-favoring stock.
Seems to work better this way. Certainly and readily pulls a bloodline into the medium range and effectively halves the light-favoring genes.

When bred to an AC arabian, this stock pulls the foal into the medium range (50/50 area or slightly heavier) in one generation and then the very next generation favors the same medium range afterward.

I'll pop the second foal and you can have your choice. Right now, any you don't want, will be rehomed. I'll get back into this project when I'm done with the Dauntless project I've resurrected. It'll either turn out, or not. And I think I'll know by the end of this month which way it'll go, if not sooner. -_-
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by Nazarach »

BlackOak2 wrote: Sadly, they all have a larger chance to be very heavy. I haven't fully completed this project.
When I stopped, I felt it was better to pause in this area then another, because most of the quest recipe's requiring heavy arabians have us breeding back to lighter arabian stock or other light-favoring stock.
Seems to work better this way. Certainly and readily pulls a bloodline into the medium range and effectively halves the light-favoring genes.

When bred to an AC arabian, this stock pulls the foal into the medium range (50/50 area or slightly heavier) in one generation and then the very next generation favors the same medium range afterward.

I'll pop the second foal and you can have your choice. Right now, any you don't want, will be rehomed. I'll get back into this project when I'm done with the Dauntless project I've resurrected. It'll either turn out, or not. And I think I'll know by the end of this month which way it'll go, if not sooner. -_-
hum, in that case I'll pick them for color xD after the 2nd one drops I'll get out of your hair ;)

(what was the goal for this project again? I did drop by but it has been a while ^^')
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Nazarach wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote: Sadly, they all have a larger chance to be very heavy. I haven't fully completed this project.

hum, in that case I'll pick them for color xD after the 2nd one drops I'll get out of your hair ;)

(what was the goal for this project again? I did drop by but it has been a while ^^')
Dauntless project is to produce a horse that can live on very minimal requirements of food. First, to prove that it was breedable-for. Yes, it's breedable-for. Second was to see just how far it can be pushed and if there was a limit. Apparently, it starts to produce glitch-feeders, but not the unable to starve sort that we have pop up occasionally. The ones I was producing would at or just before their fifth year, their requirements would suddenly pop up into the negative percentage values. Which defeats my breeding purpose. Eventually, they all ended up like that.
So that was the first round.
This resurrection, I'm seeing if the same thing happens. If it does, it may... maybe? ... reveal the actual feeding glitch that we do have. Or maybe not. :D Either way, it's something that shouldn't mathematically happen, so admin might have to put in a hard maximum value for minimal food requirements and maximum 'gullet' ability.

But, if I can succeed this time around, I may have an answer to all of our mini's when they can't eat enough in barns or in fields to simply survive. :D But I think that's Phase 4. I didn't even get out of Phase 2 last time. :roll:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 1:35 am

It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 1:35 am