Community Forum

ISO pony-type Arabian

Post your stallions available for stud, or stallions you are looking for.
Forum rules
Make sure to include a descriptive subject so other players know quickly which threads to have a look at.
Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Re: ISO pony-type Arabian

Post by Nazarach »

BlackOak2 wrote: Dauntless project is to produce a horse that can live on very minimal requirements of food. First, to prove that it was breedable-for. Yes, it's breedable-for. Second was to see just how far it can be pushed and if there was a limit. Apparently, it starts to produce glitch-feeders, but not the unable to starve sort that we have pop up occasionally. The ones I was producing would at or just before their fifth year, their requirements would suddenly pop up into the negative percentage values. Which defeats my breeding purpose. Eventually, they all ended up like that.
So that was the first round.
This resurrection, I'm seeing if the same thing happens. If it does, it may... maybe? ... reveal the actual feeding glitch that we do have. Or maybe not. :D Either way, it's something that shouldn't mathematically happen, so admin might have to put in a hard maximum value for minimal food requirements and maximum 'gullet' ability.

But, if I can succeed this time around, I may have an answer to all of our mini's when they can't eat enough in barns or in fields to simply survive. :D But I think that's Phase 4. I didn't even get out of Phase 2 last time. :roll:
minimal as in the front part of the blue bars/colums of the nutrition bars or like the actual content/max feed?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Nazarach wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote: Dauntless project is to produce a horse that can live on very minimal requirements of food. First, to prove that it was breedable-for. Yes, it's breedable-for. Second was to see just how far it can be pushed and if there was a limit. Apparently, it starts to produce glitch-feeders, but not the unable to starve sort that we have pop up occasionally. The ones I was producing would at or just before their fifth year, their requirements would suddenly pop up into the negative percentage values. Which defeats my breeding purpose. Eventually, they all ended up like that.
So that was the first round.
This resurrection, I'm seeing if the same thing happens. If it does, it may... maybe? ... reveal the actual feeding glitch that we do have. Or maybe not. :D Either way, it's something that shouldn't mathematically happen, so admin might have to put in a hard maximum value for minimal food requirements and maximum 'gullet' ability.

But, if I can succeed this time around, I may have an answer to all of our mini's when they can't eat enough in barns or in fields to simply survive. :D But I think that's Phase 4. I didn't even get out of Phase 2 last time. :roll:
minimal as in the front part of the blue bars/colums of the nutrition bars or like the actual content/max feed?
Minimal blue bars, maximum feed. Not like this horse:

But much more like this horse:

Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Nazarach wrote:...
Can't seem to win.
Second foal dropped, another colt. But this one's a tall-boy.
At 10 hands, he's prospected to be 16.2 as an adult.
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3420569

I'll be breeding the mare a third time. ... Probably drop a filly this time, with perfect height and maybe even a heavy body type... -_-

Anyway, if you're interested in either colt (so far) just apply the pickup. If you want to wait, more than fine by me. :D
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by Nazarach »

BlackOak2 wrote:...
88kg?! welp, that is a big eater ^^'

These boys are so ... unbelievable when one is more familiar with the usual overtly light arabs :D
Hum, the height is a bit sad :/ So the first colt would indeed be my foal of choice ^-^ well, maybe third time really is the charm ;) We'll see
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Nazarach wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:...
88kg?! welp, that is a big eater ^^'

These boys are so ... unbelievable when one is more familiar with the usual overtly light arabs :D
Hum, the height is a bit sad :/ So the first colt would indeed be my foal of choice ^-^ well, maybe third time really is the charm ;) We'll see
:D
I'm willing to try an additional time with this mare (with a different stud) before switching her out for another mare. Just luck of the draw and a notice that there are indeed, many genes that still need to be culled out of these lines. :roll:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by Nazarach »

BlackOak2 wrote: I'm willing to try an additional time with this mare (with a different stud) before switching her out for another mare. Just luck of the draw and a notice that there are indeed, many genes that still need to be culled out of these lines. :roll:
Just the numbers are still impressive ^^'

btw, just so I can also share a bit of frustration and joy - I've been breeding Abyssinians since the beginning, aye? It's only now they beginn to look like I want them to ^^ Look at this beau
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1799044 apart from the slightly too sloped back and only a hidden tiger eye (oromos tend to have green eyes) I'm pretty content with him ^-^
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Nazarach wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote: I'm willing to try an additional time with this mare (with a different stud) before switching her out for another mare. Just luck of the draw and a notice that there are indeed, many genes that still need to be culled out of these lines. :roll:
Just the numbers are still impressive ^^'

btw, just so I can also share a bit of frustration and joy - I've been breeding Abyssinians since the beginning, aye? It's only now they beginn to look like I want them to ^^ Look at this beau
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1799044 apart from the slightly too sloped back and only a hidden tiger eye (oromos tend to have green eyes) I'm pretty content with him ^-^
Very arabian-like, but with a distinctive 'own' look.

These 'first' projects always seem to take the longest. But you're right, appearance (and on-paper) he's quite a nice, well-rounded boy. Congrats!
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by Nazarach »

BlackOak2 wrote:.
:3 his dam is actually a tad closer (though she has a rather short back in comp) ^^' still need a few more NABs crossed back in to get them more shapely but there's some many breads to pull out and put in my ovens that someday it just has to work out x)
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Nazarach wrote:.
That's how my leopard tarpans are. I think I have at least one of each AC breed mixed in. But they also were a part of the investigations into Lp to begin with, so trial'ing with the different AC breeds was important to see what happened.

I left them off just beginning to get them back to purebred. :mrgreen:

Such a long process! :lol:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by Nazarach »

BlackOak2 wrote:.
True, true - the joys of crossbreeding ^^'
Well, for my Abys it's mostly NABs to get more of that Berber shape and Arabs cause easy access and higher hgp in the market, and last but not least to keep a low-ish COI about <.<'
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 1:05 am

It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 1:05 am