Community Forum

Cypress Creek's Steeplechasing Shetlands

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Cypress Creek Elites
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Tea's Side Project: Cypress Creek's Steeplechasing Shetlands

Post by Cypress Creek Elites »

maybe I should be breeding for endurance instead. they seem more inclined to throw colored stamina comments anyways haha... ha.. ha
Cypress Creek Elites
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Cypress Creek Elites
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/4023886
This guy happens to be not only a green comment, but the best green I’ve gotten so far- AND has over 57k GP! I guess I know what my next project is
Cypress Creek Elites
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Cypress Creek Elites
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Cypress Creek's Steeplechasing Shetlands

It finally happened, folks…
We got gold speed!
him

I also popped a 60K and a boy with colored speed AND stamina earlier, and I’ve been getting a bunch of green fillies… we’re making progress!
Cypress Creek Elites
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Cypress Creek's Steeplechasing Shetlands

Thanks to this lovely man, not only have I locals tested roughly 10 seconds from my first time goal, but I have also broken into the competitive sphere (with some degree of success)! I'm training his successor currently, and I'm hopeful that he'll get a touch closer to 10:20.
This guy will definitely be frozen once he's been replaced- he's been incredible, and I can't imagine parting with him.
Cypress Creek Elites
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

⚡️ Starburst

This little guy finally got me under 10:25, but (mostly due to the steeple community being active again) he has abysmal WPS. He has, however, been a stellar producer- as of this post, he has 29 foals.

⚡️ Meteor Shower

This is my current prospect. I've just started breeding and testing him, and he hasn't even touched sub 10:30 yet, but I have high hopes.
Cypress Creek Elites
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

A little update:
I've started another account, to work on a secondary line. (I was also getting a little tired of this line)

my favorite horse from there so far is this thing.

I've successfully gotten horse-type lights and green stamina, but I'd be happy to send out some of the "duds" (heavy but high GP) in case anyone needs them.
Cypress Creek Test
Visit My Farm

Post by Cypress Creek Test »

So, at this point I believe I've surpassed my main line, and I'm probably going to be working on bringing over some of the genes from here to there, probably starting with this boy. The COI bug has really thrown a wrench in my goal of "managing COI", but at the very least I've maintained some colors that I don't really have much of in the main line of the project (non-silver, dun, roan, seal, black). I've also started the process of actually testing every single prospective brood/stud, which considering I am limited to 5 comps per day and I don't really feel like doing extensive testing might produce some skewed results, but any real stand out horses should really stand out.

These are the mares that have tested below 12:00 so far...
11:58
11:56
and very shockingly considering her small size, 11:51
Cypress Creek Test
Visit My Farm

Post by Cypress Creek Test »

Well well well, what do we have here?...
National Secret

It looks like I might be able to break under 10:20... this little guy went from 10:24 to 10:21 within a few turns of testing, and fingers crossed I'll be able to get him lower.
In any case, as is he should be fairly capable in steeple (there's not a whole ton of competition currently) and potentially sprint racing and harness racing as well- I tested my last steeple prospect in them and it was overall successful.

Though, COI is getting completely out of hand. I'm not sure how bad it'll be once the bug is actually... resolved... but at the very least I will be able to breed these guys to my other line; they haven't been crossed together recently, so COI should hypothetically drop quite a bit there.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:57 am

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:57 am