Community Forum

Mojo's Foal: Predict and Win!

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Mojo's Foal: Predict and Win!

Post by Silverine »

Please don't quote this to ping me. I'm subscribed and will see all replies.

Mojo's Foal:
Predict and Win!
For anyone who is unaware: I bred my warmblood mare, Mojo, last year and she is currently in foal. You can read all about it here. Early on I decided it would be fun to have a contest to see who could make the closest prediction of birth date and what the baby would look like. This is that contest.

What you have to do:
Make predictions! There are a lot of things that can be guessed about what will/won't happen. For each one you get right you will earn points.

Things to predict:
  • Birthdate - 50 points - Mojo is due on March 16th. Follow this thread for updates on how things are going and my own guesses as to when she'll "pop".
  • Time of day of birth - 10 points - Choose morning (4-10AM), midday (10AM-2PM), afternoon (2-6PM), evening (6-10PM), or night (10PM-4AM). Most mares give birth at night.
  • Gender - 10 points - Boy or girl. We tried to get a look at baby's gender early on but it was bashful so it's anybody's guess!
  • Base Color - 10 points - There's only a few options here that actually have a chance, but I'll let you figure those out yourself. ;)
  • Tobiano - 10 points - Mojo has a 50/50 chance of throwing tobiano. Do you think baby will have it?
  • How much Lp? - 10 points - Baby is guaranteed to eventually be leopard spotted, but how much Lp will show at birth? Will it be all-over spotted, will it have a blanket, or will it look solid? You tell me!
Birthdate and time-of-day guesses can earn partial points! For the birthdate, each day you are off will drop you 5 points. So if you guess March 10th and the baby is born on March 8th you will earn 40 points. For time-of-day, if you guess the date correctly but are wrong on the time you will still earn half points (5).
Birthdate and time-of-day guesses may not be changed.
I will be making a record of every entrant's original birthdate and time-of-day guesses. Attempts to change these guesses will result in disqualification. Any other predictions may be changed as you see fit.
The how much Lp guess should be given as a percentage. For example a guess of 100% would mean that you predict baby will be all-over spotted. A guess of 0% would mean that you predict baby will start out solid. A guess of 50% would mean that you predict baby will have Lp spots over half of its body. Any guess within 10% of baby's actual Lp expression will earn you the points.
Prizes!

First Place
$20 from the HWO store.
This can be taken as PT, upgrade bonuses, or any combination that adds up to $20.

Second Place
$10 from the HWO store.
This can be taken as PT, upgrade bonuses, or any combination that adds up to $10.

Third Place
$5 from the HWO store.
This can be taken as PT or an upgrade bonus worth up to $5.
In the event of a tie the player that made their prediction first will earn the higher prize.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extra Credit!
Breed a look-alike!
You have an opportunity to add up to 25 points to your score by breeding an HWO horse that looks like Mojo's baby. This horse must be bred and posted in your entry before the baby is born. You can add a look-alike horse to your entry at any point before the birth, even if you have already made your other predictions. An extra 5 points will be given if the look-alike is 50% Knabstrupper, 25% Dutch Warmblood, OR 25% Paint. (Only one 5 points will be earned for breed and only one breed is needed to earn it.)

So get breeding!
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Re: Mojo's Foal: Predict and Win!

Post by Silverine »

Predicting is open! Have at it!
Birthdate Guesses
I'm putting a centralized chart here of all date/time combos that have been guessed. You MAY still guess any day/time combo that is already "taken." This chart is more to keep me organized than anything.
DateMorning
(4AM - 10AM)
Midday
(10AM - 2PM)
Afternoon
(2PM - 6PM)
Evening
(6PM - 10PM)
Night
(10PM - 4AM)
March 5thh0rsey
March 8thEagle
March 10thEmlynToadally
March 13thCypress Creek Elites
March 15thlondonporky
March 16thislandhill
March 17thFantasyRanch3
Coda02
March 18thterrasunshine
HorzeLover101
March 19thSoftball12345!
March 20thSawd10
March 24thBlackOak2
March 29thHidalgo
Secondary Guesses
  • Softball12345! - March 2nd
  • Toadally - February 23rd
  • Sawd10 - February 28th
  • HorzeLover101 - March 4th
  • terrasunshine - February 24th
Last edited by Silverine on Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:31 pm, edited 11 times in total.
FantasyRanch3
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by FantasyRanch3 »

Silverine wrote:Reserving this post just in case.

Awesome idea!!!

Things to predict:
Birthdate - March 17
Time of day of birth - 10PM-4AM
Gender - Boy
Base Color - black/grayish
Tobiano - Yes,
How much Lp? - 85%, on her back legs, neck, and a blanket

Love this idea and can't wait for foal pics!!!!
Last edited by FantasyRanch3 on Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:11 am, edited 10 times in total.
"The horses always come first! They eat before us, get taken care of before us, because it's what we can do to repay them for them giving us so much joy in our lives"
Softball12345!
Visit My Farm

Post by Softball12345! »

I think this is a great idea!

Birthdate: March 19th
Time Of Day Of Birth: Evening
Base Color: Bay
Tobiano: I think the foal will have tobiano
How Much LP? I think the foal will have a decent amount of leopard! Maybe like 60ish%
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3438119
Last edited by Softball12345! on Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:52 pm, edited 7 times in total.
h0rsey
Location: Anywhere the wind blows (doesn't really matter to meeeeee)
Visit My Farm

Post by h0rsey »

Birthdate: March 5th
Time of day of birth: Night
Base color: Black
Tobiano: No
How much lp? I think it will have black leopard blanket so like about 25% of her will be leopard
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3414662
Last edited by h0rsey on Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
londonporky
Visit My Farm

Post by londonporky »

This is so cool!!

Birthdate - 50 points - Mojo is due on March 16th. Follow this thread for updates on how things are going and my own guesses as to when she'll "pop".

March 15th.

Time of day of birth - 10 points - Choose morning (4-10AM), midday (10AM-2PM), afternoon (2-6PM), evening (6-10PM), or night (10PM-4AM). Most mares give birth at night.

Night- 10pm-4pm

Gender - 10 points - Boy or girl. We tried to get a look at baby's gender early on but it was bashful so it's anybody's guess!

Boy.

Base Color - 10 points - There's only a few options here that actually have a chance, but I'll let you figure those out yourself. ;)

Bay. :)

Tobiano - 10 points - Mojo has a 50/50 chance of throwing tobiano. Do you think baby will have it?

No tobiano.

How much Lp? - 10 points - Baby is guaranteed to eventually be leopard spotted, but how much Lp will show at birth? Will it be all-over spotted, will it have a blanket, or will it look solid? You tell me!

all-over spotted! 100%!
♚Dark Meadow Stables♚

- A great horse will change your life, but the truly special ones define it- Anonymous
Hidalgo
Visit My Farm

Post by Hidalgo »

I love this! I know I haven't really commented much on your post about Mojo but I have been following closely for updates and I'm so excited for you!

Things to predict:

Birthdate: I think it's pretty rare for anyone to be born on their actual due date and first time moms often go late (at least with humans, I have no idea with horses lol) so I'm going with March 29th
Time of day of birth: I'm going to play it safe and say nighttime.
Base Color: Brown
Tobiano: Yes
How much Lp? I think 85%, with more white on the rump and back and legs and higher pigmentation on the face and lower belly. I hope that makes sense, if not let me know and I can try to clarify lol
islandhill
Visit My Farm

Post by islandhill »

Birthdate: March 16th
Time of day of birth: During the night
Base color: brown
Tobiano: No
How much lp? I think it will have white leopard spots on most of its body. Maybe closer to the rear end rather than the head and neck (but still partially on the head and neck).
What an awesome Idea!

“The starting point of all achievement is desire.”
-Napoleon Hill
terrasunshine
Visit My Farm

Post by terrasunshine »

Birthdate - 50 points - Mojo is due on March 16th. Follow this thread for updates on how things are going and my own guesses as to when she'll "pop".
March 18, 2022!
Time of day of birth - 10 points - Choose morning (4-10AM), midday (10AM-2PM), afternoon (2-6PM), evening (6-10PM), or night (10PM-4AM). Most mares give birth at night.
I'm going to play it safe, and say she gives birth at night!
Gender - 10 points - Boy or girl. We tried to get a look at baby's gender early on but it was bashful so it's anybody's guess!
A bashful little colt :)
Base Color - 10 points - There's only a few options here that actually have a chance, but I'll let you figure those out yourself. ;)
I think it'll be bay.
Tobiano - 10 points - Mojo has a 50/50 chance of throwing tobiano. Do you think baby will have it?
Yes!
How much Lp? - 10 points - Baby is guaranteed to eventually be leopard spotted, but how much Lp will show at birth? Will it be all-over spotted, will it have a blanket, or will it look solid? You tell me!
I think baby will be solid and then develop leopard as it gets older!

This is so much fun, I can't wait to see photos of the baby!
Emlyn
Visit My Farm

Post by Emlyn »

Birthdate: March 10th
Time of day of birth: Around 12:30 pm
Base color: White/grey
Tobiano: Yes
How much lp? About 70% of the body
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:19 am

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:19 am