Community Forum

Mojo's Foal: Predict and Win!

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
Emlyn
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Mojo's Foal: Predict and Win!

Post by Emlyn »

oops! accidentally did this twice!
Last edited by Emlyn on Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
like to be a lady living in the country with lots of horses and dogs.”
― Queen Elizabeth II

Silverine
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

Thank you to everyone that has guessed so far! I'm enjoying reading your predictions - and getting other people's guesses rather than just my own. :lol:

I added a chart to the second post just to keep track of everyone's date/time guesses so that it will be easier to find you once the baby is born.

For anyone that hasn't guessed yet: it is okay to guess a day/time combo that is already taken! That's why this is a points thing and not a right or wrong thing. I didn't want people coming later to be limited to the "less likely" time slots. :D
Silverine
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

Mojo had a vet appointment today. You can read the latest update here.
Toadally
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Toadally »

Birthdate: March 10th
Time of day of birth: At night
Base color: Bay
Tobiano: yes
How much lp? A good 75%

Can't wait to see the little one! It feels like it was just yesterday that the contest for Mojo's registered name was going on. :shock: :lol:
Silverine
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

Toadally wrote:Can't wait to see the little one! It feels like it was just yesterday that the contest for Mojo's registered name was going on. :shock: :lol:
Right?! Can you believe it's been three-and-a-half years? I can't. But it also feels like I've had her forever sooo.... :lol:

And here's a Mojo nose since I don't have my own ultrasound equipment to get my own baby pictures right now. :P
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

I was seriously considering not making a prediction, because, maybe... I feel like I have too much insider knowledge! :-)
But, maybe I don't.

So I decided to make a prediction myself. :D After all, predicting the birth of any animal (really) and then also predicting patterns and so on... yeah. It's a pot luck. 8-)

So here's my predictions.

Birthdate: March 24th.
Time of day: Evening
Base Color: Brown
Tobiano: Yes
Lp: Right up to the neck.

Specifics on Lp and Tobiano. I have to admit, I had a dream that Mojo dropped her foal. :D So all of my guesses and my choice to offer a guess is based on that. Except for the birthdate, that is. I dreamt that baby had fair, medium-sized spots with a fair amount of space between over much of his body. Down his back legs and only barely touching down his fronts. I can't recall stockings or socks though. Then his front chest was mottled with the blanket stopping on his neck. That's where the tobiano was. Kind of like half and half like Mojo, but much more stunning. Like somebody took a paintbrush and drew it down, across his neck a couple times. With his head NOT covered, but with a brilliant blaze and chin, just like Mojo.

But, dreams are just dreams. :P
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Silverine
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

BlackOak2 wrote:
You're fine! There's nothing I've told you that would give you an edge. Especially as nothing that I know would give anyone an edge! It's all just guesses at this point! :lol:

I've had so many dreams about this baby that I've lost track. Last night I dreamt that she had a cow. An all black cow. Like, what? It was weird. And the night before that I dreamt that I'd spent the night at work sleep walking and re-arranging all the shelves. So that was fun. :lol:

My "gut" is telling me that it'll be a filly with a flashy blanket, about 50% leopard coverage, stopping a little behind the withers, and no tobi. Why my gut insists on this I have no idea except that I really want it to be a filly. But have been planning like it's a colt. Seriously, brain? What the heck? :roll:
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Silverine wrote:...
50/50 it's either a filly or a colt. Kind of hard to get it wrong, right? But it's a good excitement to have. I was briefly looking at the Devon show article with Pax's children. He has some remarkable blankets on his offspring. So no matter what blanket she (or he) ends up having, I think it'll be quite eye-catching.

And I still think it'll be mostly covered and not just a little bit. I'ma have to swing around to Pax's page, it should be updated with his foals and growing babies... maybe? :twisted:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Silverine
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

BlackOak2 wrote:
According to a post from his owner back in July he's had 59% fillies and 47% nose-to-toes leopard foals. Which is interesting because gender is linked to Lp expression - colts have higher expression than fillies. So if it's a colt it is much more likely to be nose-to-toes whereas if it's a filly it's much more likely to be a blanket or otherwise "suppressed" in some manner. Here's the Facebook post from his owner.

And just as some eye candy, here is Pax's first filly born in Australia in November:
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Silverine wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:
According to a post from his owner back in July he's had 59% fillies and 47% nose-to-toes leopard foals. Which is interesting because gender is linked to Lp expression - colts have higher expression than fillies. So if it's a colt it is much more likely to be nose-to-toes whereas if it's a filly it's much more likely to be a blanket or otherwise "suppressed" in some manner. Here's the Facebook post from his owner.

And just as some eye candy, here is Pax's first filly born in Australia in November:
Won't let me see that facebook page; I'm socially blacked out. :D

But that is Quite The Stunner! He seems to be tossing around some uniquely-spread patterning. Although I know they change their look quite readily as they grow, spotting out and such, but it does seem like his particular selection of offspring are really splotchy with their patterning. Though I haven't seen really any knabstrupper foals (apart from those on the net), it still comes across as a unique symptom.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun May 12, 2024 6:40 am

It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 6:40 am