Community Forum

The Pure Breeding Farm (And a little bit of Mixed Breeds)

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Pure_Breeding
Visit My Farm

Re: The Pure Breeding Farm (And a little bit of Mixed Breeds)

Post by Pure_Breeding »

islandhill wrote:
Pure_Breeding wrote:
Yay! What price do you have in mind?
Does 100k work?
Wow! Definitely! I will put her up now!
islandhill
Visit My Farm

Post by islandhill »

Pure_Breeding wrote:
islandhill wrote: Does 100k work?
Thank you so much!

“The starting point of all achievement is desire.”
-Napoleon Hill
Pure_Breeding
Visit My Farm

Post by Pure_Breeding »

islandhill wrote:
Pure_Breeding wrote:
Thank you so much!
No problem! Thank you for everything!
islandhill
Visit My Farm

Post by islandhill »

Pure_Breeding wrote:
islandhill wrote: Thank you so much!
If you ever have any more lmk, and if you need anything from me, I can do my best to help ;) :D

-Napoleon Hill
Pure_Breeding
Visit My Farm

Post by Pure_Breeding »

islandhill wrote:
Pure_Breeding wrote:
If you ever have any more lmk, and if you need anything from me, I can do my best to help ;) :D
Awww, thank you!

Just out of plain curiosity, do you have any Arabian mares?
islandhill
Visit My Farm

Post by islandhill »

Pure_Breeding wrote:
islandhill wrote: If you ever have any more lmk, and if you need anything from me, I can do my best to help ;) :D
Awww, thank you!

I used to breed Arabs, and then the line kinda died out XD I breed mainly TB's now, but I also breed Kabardas, New Forest horses, Irish Sport Horses, and NAB's

-Napoleon Hill
Pure_Breeding
Visit My Farm

Post by Pure_Breeding »

islandhill wrote:
Pure_Breeding wrote:
Awww, thank you!

I used to breed Arabs, and then the line kinda died out XD I breed mainly TB's now, but I also breed Kabardas, New Forest horses, Irish Sport Horses, and NAB's
Oh thats okay! It sounds like you have some amazing breeds! I will check them out!
Pure_Breeding
Visit My Farm

Post by Pure_Breeding »

Hello everyone!

Okay, this is probably going to be a massive update since it has been forever since I have posted a whole update on here. I will do my best to try and remember everything and to do it in chronological order.

Updates:

So, the first thing that happened that I can remember is that I brought an Arabian mare called Silver Wish:

She is quite a pretty horse, though I always have a soft spot for flea-bitten horses! So far, she has had one foal while being in my care, the tiniest little black Arabian filly I have ever seen!

When she was born, I think she was something like 36 inches tall, it was so cute! Anyway, Silver Wish is expecting another foal who is sired by my Turkmene stallion, Prince, and am hoping to get another Akhal-Teke to be Mars' mate but we all know that we don't always get what we wish for!

Second of all, my NAB broodmare, Stormy, gave birth to another foal sired by my favourite stud Morning Glory. It was my first NAB colt!!! Meet Granite:

He looks just like his older sister, Lily, except his mane isn't half white.
Two days after Granite was born, my Turkmene broodmare, Coco, gave birth to a foal also sired by Morning Glory.
Meet Cookie:

He has since been sold to a new loving home and is slowly maturing into a fine colt.

My public Arabian stud, Blizzard, sired another foal, but unfortunately the pregnancy did not carry though.
I also brought another horse, a NAB stallion who I called Whisper:

He is a public stud and was to sire a foal, but the pregnancy wasn't successful either.

My second generation NAB mare, Rose, who I bred from my own horses, gave birth to her first foal, a second generation NAB colt who I called Latte:

Another NAB colt!

Then, my other NAB mare Salsa, not an actual broodmare, whom I brought from another farm, had her foal. He was a surprising colour, but to be honest, it is quite a pretty colour. Obviously he is a chestnut, but he also carries a flaxen gene, which make his mane and tail the way they are. Everybody, meet Solar Eclipse:

And now to possibly the best news I have received in a little while. A couple of weeks ago, someone reached out to me through this blog saying that they loved the tobiano NABs I had been breeding and were wondering if I was willing to sell any of them. I had originally been thinking of selling Salsa after she had her foal, and they said they would pay a high price for her. After Salsa had Solar Eclipse, I reached out to them again to say that I would be able to pay Salsa, they accepted and said they would pay 100k for her. I couldn't believe my luck because prior to that, I have been trying to conserve my money and then I had received 100k. It was amazing how someone can be so kind and generous.

Expected Foals:

The first and closest-to-being-born foal is another NAB foal, who's parents are Stormy and Whisper. According to the genes the parents both carry, the foal should have a coat colouring the exact same as Whisper (something like a silver tobiano) and hopefully he will have a blue eye too.

The next foal that should be born is the foal of Silver Wish (my flea-bitten Arabian mare) and my Turkmene stallion Prince. According to the genetics, the foal should be a grey, maybe with flea-bitten Akhal-Teke.

The final foal I am expecting is Rose's second foal, who is sired by a new NAB stud I found named Peanut:

He is quite pretty don't you think?
According to a genetics calculator, the foal should be a dunskin roan, which is quite a pale colour. I don't know if that is 100% correct, so I guess we will just have to wait and find out!

If you are still reading this, thank you!
If you have any questions, inquires or comments, please do post a reply, I love reading what you all have to say!

Thank you so much!
- Eden
Pure_Breeding
Visit My Farm

Post by Pure_Breeding »

Hello everyone! I am still alive, don't worry! :lol:

I have a lot to catch up on since I last posted, life has just been so busy and I haven't found much time to update my Farm Log! So, here I go!

New Foals:

First of all, I have had quite a lot of foals born, 3 to be exact. I mentioned them in my last post, and predicted their colours too using a online coat colour calculator. The first foal I predicated was a NAB foal, sired by my NAB broodmare Stormy and recently sold NAB public stud Whisper.

Stormy

Whisper

Just to refresh your minds, I had predicted that the foal would be something like their sire, a silvery tobiano kind of colour who would hopefully have blue eyes. Well, how wrong I was! Instead of a pale coloured foal, my mare threw a foal who looks quite a lot like her! Everyone, meet Trinket!

Doesn't she look just like her Mumma? So cute!

The second foal, born on the same day as Trinket, was the foal of my private Turkmene stud, Prince (who I just recently sold too) and my newely brought Arabian mare, Silver Wish.

According to the calculator, the foal should have a grey coat, possibly with flea-bitten pattern, and been an Akhal-Teke. I was closer with this coat colour than Trinket's. Meet Ash!

I mean, she looks a lot like her sire at the moment, and since she is only young, I won't know until she is older whether she will be grey, let alone flea-bitten. According to some of the users on here, her colouring will be metallic black or smokey black.

The final foal that was born was the foal of the newly found public NAB stud, Peanut, and my second generation NAB broodmare, Rose, who I have raised since a foal.

I had said that their foal would be a dunskin roan, which is quite a pale colour, and the foal would obviously be a tobiano. I somehow managed to get this all correct! Rose threw quite a beautiful colt, who I called Moon!

Expected Foals:

I have two foals I am expecting at the moment, they are not too far away from being born either.
The first foal that is to be born is yet again to my second generation NAB broodmare, Rose. I just have to say, I am quite proud of Rose, she had been producing quite beautiful foals, even though she is not carrying a tobiano gene. Her third foal is to a public NAB stud called General:

I quite love his colouring, the dappling with the tobiano, so hopefully, the foal should be a beautiful colour. Even though I only predicted one of my previous foal's colours right, I am going to try again, just because it is fun. So, with Rose's and General's colours in mind, the foal should be... a grullo tobiano. So, just like Rose's colour but as a tobiano.

The second foal I am expecting is to my Thoroughbred and Arabian cross mare, Wolf. This is her first time having a foal and I hope it will be a beauty. The sire is ❄ℬℛ❄ Loves for Distraction, a 7th generation public Throughbred stud.

I am hoping for any of the parent's colours, but apparently it is going to be... a silver bay pintaloosa? By the sound of that, I know I am going to get that so wrong :lol:

Sales:

I do have one horse I am considering putting up for sale. It is my Akhal-Teke stallion, Mars.

If you are interested in him, please feel free to reply with a suggested and I might consider.

Also, if any of you have any adult Akhal-Teke stallions you are wanting sold, or Baladi mares, I might be interested in buying!

That is all for now!

- Eden
Pure_Breeding
Visit My Farm

Post by Pure_Breeding »

Omg, it has been ages since I last posted! So this is going to be a massive post :lol: Bare with me!

New Foals (Expected)

Okay, so I have had a lot of new foals since the last post. The ones that we were expecting last time were:

Rose + General:

Everyone, this is Sunny, a NAB filly. From my predictions, she was going to be a grullo tobiano, and I suppose I kinda got it right! However, while Sunny was a beautiful foal, she wasn't what I was quite aiming for, so I put her up for sale and she has since gone to a new home.

The second foal was:

Wolf + ❄ℬℛ❄ Loves for Distraction:

This is my beautiful Thoroughbred cross Arabian colt, Jasper. He is so beautiful, I love his blue eyes (thanks to Mamma Wolf) and the white splattering pattern. I predicted that he would be a silver bay pintaloosa, but according to the very helpful colour identifies on here, he is a palomino snow cap with tiger eye and tobiano front socks. Because Jasper is so beautiful, I will definitely be using him to breed later on, and I have put him up for stud in the mean time if any of you are interested in breeding with him.

New Foals (Not mentioned)

So, I have had more foals since I last posted then just Sunny and Jasper.

The first one was the foal of my own two horses:

Twisty (Mumma)

Rocky (Papa)

According to my very reliable predicting ( :lol: ), this foal should be a grey (silver black) appaloosa. According to the wonder colour identifiers on here, the foal is a grey silver dapple with blanket appaloosa. I mean, I kinda got the grey silver part right and the appaloosa bit too... Anyway, this is the absolutely stunning NAB cross Thoroughbred colt, Snow

The second foal to be born was again out of my own horses again, including Rocky. I love Rocky's patterning and I had been waiting forever for him to mature so I could use him in breeding. As soon as he was mature enough, I used him for breeding, so right now, he had quite a lot of sons and daughters and many future ones too.
Anyway, I bred him with Twisty's pureblood sister (they both have the same parents), Lily

I predicted that this foal would be the same colour as Snow (since the colouring as both parents are the almost the same), but that was definitely not the case. Instead of a grey (silver black) appaloosa, Lily threw me a black NAB cross Thoroughbred filly with appaloosa blanket, who I called Clover. I have kept Clover for a little bit, but her build isn't for me, so I have put her up for sale if any of you are interested.

The third foal wasn't born that long ago (at the time I am writing this). The foal was a combination of my own two horses again:

Coco (Mumma)

Olympus (Papa)

I thought this foal would have been either a chestnut appaloosa or a silver bay appaloosa, but I was way off with that prediction. Instead, these two threw me a completely black Anglo-Arabian cross Thoroughbred colt, aside from his white socks. This is Styll (ignore the weird name, it just seemed to fit):

I have only just recently sold him, so who ever the new owner is, enjoy!

The forth foal that was born was the second Rocky + Twisty foal. I did this because Snow was such a beautiful coloured foal and I was hoping to get a similar coloured foal. I didn't get the exact same, but it was close. I got a NAB x Thoroughbred filly that is either a Greying Silver Dapple Roan or a Greying Silver Blue Roan. Everyone, meet Mystic:

The fifth foal that was born since my last post was the filly from Rocky + Violet, my one Baladi mare who I was considering selling since she didn't seem to be performing to standard. I thought I would try her as a broodmare instead, and she most definitely didn't disappoint. Everyone, this is Lavender, a Thoroughbred x Baladi filly:

So, lets go with my amazing colour predicting again. Appariently, this filly should have been a Gray (Red (Chestnut/Sorrel)) Appaloosa. Welllllll, no not really. I am still awaiting colour results on her, but I don't think she is that colour.

Sixth foal (*!) that was born in my time away from here was another filly, but a purebred one this time from my two Arabians:

Raven (Mumma)

Ranger (Dadda)

I wasn't really expecting an amazing colouring from this pairing since Arabian's don't tend to spit out nice coloured foals, I was just more wanting another Arabian, which I obviously got. Everyone, this is Poppy:

I have had other foals since then, but due to them not being what was required, I sold them to other owners where I am sure they will thrive.

Expecting Foals

I am expecting four foals at the moment, though I can't remember which one is first, so I am just going to guess.

First up we have a pairing between my beautiful Part Thoroughbred x Arabian mare Wolf (absolute stunner she is) and one of my newest stallions, Moon, who is a NAB. I think I mentioned him in my last post. Anywayyyy, this foal is predicted to be a Smoky Black Pintaloosa, which I looked up and it is quite a pretty colour, but because of this, I probably won't end up getting that foal :lol: !

Next foal to be born is another combination of Rocky and Violet, so I don't need to predict that colouring since it will probably be around the same colouring as Lavender.

Third foal to be born is another cross between Twisty and a public stud called ~IR~ mosin rush, who is a pure bred Thoroughbred. This will be the first foal that Twisty hasn't had with Rocky, so it will be interesting to see what it turns out like. According to the colour prediction, the foal will be a silver bay pintaloosa, which will be interesting.

Fourth foal is actually with one of my new mares, a NAB called Trinket, who was from my first ever NAB broodmare I had. I have paired Trinket with one of my newest stallions, Snow, who I think I mentioned in this post. Yeah, that is how much time has passed, he has grown so quickly. Anyway, the main reason for this pairing was to see if I could get a small, yet cute horse. The colouring of these two will also be quite interesting, resulting in a Gray (Silver Black Roan) Appaloosa, but hopefully mini version!

Sooooo, I think that is all I have for you all now, but don't worry, I will try to update sooner!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 10:41 am

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 10:41 am