Community Forum

[E] Breed All Breeds Record [23/328 Complete || 305 To Go!]

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Update 16: West African Barb (Again)

Post by EclipticEnd »

I got another WAB from Opal and Teardrops! Exciting, right?

Except it's another colt. And Opal is getting older and older (already 15 years).

That's 3 for three, all colts. The good news is that it's a 4* eval for Baluchi, and the one missing star is super easy to balance; Baluchi's want 0-30% Body Size and he's barely too large at 35%. A somewhat thinner mare will make the perfect match, so long as everything else is exemplary.

Which brings the issue... I'm having a hard time getting another Kathiawari. Insofar they've all been fails (save for my one dear stud whom I adore). Oh well, all we can do is keep trying right?
Heartland2001
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Buyer's Interest

Post by Heartland2001 »

EclipticEnd wrote:
Quote This...

If you're enquiring about adopting a specific breed. Please note that I might have already rehomed or sold any already completed breeds, and I will be keeping any specific breeds as needed in recipes.
can i buy any of the horses that you have bred and no longer need
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Heartland2001 wrote:
EclipticEnd wrote:
Quote This...

If you're enquiring about adopting a specific breed. Please note that I might have already rehomed or sold any already completed breeds, and I will be keeping any specific breeds as needed in recipes.
can i buy any of the horses that you have bred and no longer need
It'll depend on the horse since a lot of them are used in multiple breeds. West African Barbs, for example, are used in around 12 breeds and so the more I have, the more likely it'll be that I'll have a good eval for future breeds. Since they're being an absolute pain to breed, I'm keeping all of the WABs for now.

I have a few extra NABxArabians that I probably don't need if you're interested in those? Or if you're asking about a purebred, then you can check for a mare on my main post on this topic. If I have a one in a breed that you're interested in, I can breed it. In fact, I'll probably alter my little "quote me" post to better reflect that.

I still intend to give you a stud of the more rare breeds if I get duplicates. I haven't forgotten, don't worry, but progress has been slow; the Albanians are stubbornly refusing to exist, my WABs are stubbornly colts that are possibly useful that I want to keep for now, my Baladis are refusing to make Kathiawaris so that I can move on to Baluchis, and I'm too stubborn to work on a different breed until horses start aging out. It's been a time. I could expand into even more breeds with my Turkmenes and Belgians out of the way, I find it less stressful just doing around three breeds at a time.

Anyway, I know you specifically wanted horses (or studs rather) with populations below 100 I think, or perhaps around the 100 estimate (you'll have to let me know the exact number, maybe 300 or less? 200?), so I could see about a Tchenarani stud if you'd like? I have a stud and two mares of that breed so I can get one pretty quickly, assuming the odds for colt are on my side. The parents will probably be related unless I use a public stud (assuming there is one), so let me know what you're thinking on that. I will eventually be breeding more via recipe horses to finally complete the quest, but I have no idea when that quest will actually show up and they were kind of accidental while I was doing the extremely old horse quest.

The only other two at around 100 that I have so far are my Kirgiz (mare, might be doable if there's a public stud available) and Hispano Arabian, which is a colt. I've paused production on the Hispano Arabians since the quest isn't popping up through all the other breed quests so they're not registering as complete. The Kirgiz I intend to keep breeding since I don't have a stud, but they're an end of the line breed that isn't used in another breed, and since I have the quest already done I'm not in a hurry.

You can check my main post on this topic for any mares; if I have one then you're more than welcome to check the public studs for one that you'd like and I'll pair them up when I can. The stud fee will be added to whatever price I decide for them, save for the Kirgiz and Tchen which would be free since I promised you some rare breed studs.

Alternatively if you have a mare then I'd be happy to put one of my studs up for use. Details on that can be found here: [E] All Breed Studs.

Best regards. Let me know what you're specifically interested in when you get a chance, and apologies for any typos or redundancies as it is very late where I am right now. ;)
Heartland2001
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Heartland2001 »

EclipticEnd wrote:
Heartland2001 wrote: can i buy any of the horses that you have bred and no longer need
It'll depend on the horse since a lot of them are used in multiple breeds. West African Barbs, for example, are used in around 12 breeds and so the more I have, the more likely it'll be that I'll have a good eval for future breeds. Since they're being an absolute pain to breed, I'm keeping all of the WABs for now.

I have a few extra NABxArabians that I probably don't need if you're interested in those? Or if you're asking about a purebred, then you can check for a mare on my main post on this topic. If I have a one in a breed that you're interested in, I can breed it. In fact, I'll probably alter my little "quote me" post to better reflect that.

I still intend to give you a stud of the more rare breeds if I get duplicates. I haven't forgotten, don't worry, but progress has been slow; the Albanians are stubbornly refusing to exist, my WABs are stubbornly colts that are possibly useful that I want to keep for now, my Baladis are refusing to make Kathiawaris so that I can move on to Baluchis, and I'm too stubborn to work on a different breed until horses start aging out. It's been a time. I could expand into even more breeds with my Turkmenes and Belgians out of the way, I find it less stressful just doing around three breeds at a time.

Anyway, I know you specifically wanted horses (or studs rather) with populations below 100 I think, or perhaps around the 100 estimate (you'll have to let me know the exact number, maybe 300 or less? 200?), so I could see about a Tchenarani stud if you'd like? I have a stud and two mares of that breed so I can get one pretty quickly, assuming the odds for colt are on my side. The parents will probably be related unless I use a public stud (assuming there is one), so let me know what you're thinking on that. I will eventually be breeding more via recipe horses to finally complete the quest, but I have no idea when that quest will actually show up and they were kind of accidental while I was doing the extremely old horse quest.

The only other two at around 100 that I have so far are my Kirgiz (mare, might be doable if there's a public stud available) and Hispano Arabian, which is a colt. I've paused production on the Hispano Arabians since the quest isn't popping up through all the other breed quests so they're not registering as complete. The Kirgiz I intend to keep breeding since I don't have a stud, but they're an end of the line breed that isn't used in another breed, and since I have the quest already done I'm not in a hurry.

You can check my main post on this topic for any mares; if I have one then you're more than welcome to check the public studs for one that you'd like and I'll pair them up when I can. The stud fee will be added to whatever price I decide for them, save for the Kirgiz and Tchen which would be free since I promised you some rare breed studs.

Alternatively if you have a mare then I'd be happy to put one of my studs up for use. Details on that can be found here: [E] All Breed Studs.

Best regards. Let me know what you're specifically interested in when you get a chance, and apologies for any typos or redundancies as it is very late where I am right now. ;)
so i changed my standards a little bit so now I'm trying to do breeds with under 500 I've tried from scratch but I've had no luck so i mainly have been trying to do purebreds and repopulate them i just finished with norikers and Spanish Normans and now I'm trying to sell them off i would be interested in the Tchenarani but only if you have a mare because i would have nothing to keep repopulating if you want when your done with each breed and you have an extra mare you'd be willing to give me i could do the repopulating part if there are any specific rare breeds you need to make other rare breeds i have collected quite a few different breeds that are important for a lot of the cob type breeds. if you dont need this Tchenarani mare i would be interested in repopulating this breed if you have a stud i could use to that would be great https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3588057
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Heartland2001 wrote:so i changed my standards a little bit so now I'm trying to do breeds with under 500 I've tried from scratch but I've had no luck so i mainly have been trying to do purebreds and repopulate them i just finished with norikers and Spanish Normans and now I'm trying to sell them off i would be interested in the Tchenarani but only if you have a mare because i would have nothing to keep repopulating if you want when your done with each breed and you have an extra mare you'd be willing to give me i could do the repopulating part if there are any specific rare breeds you need to make other rare breeds i have collected quite a few different breeds that are important for a lot of the cob type breeds. if you dont need this Tchenarani mare i would be interested in repopulating this breed if you have a stud i could use to that would be great https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3588057
Ah, breeding can be tough, especially from scratch. It sounds like you've been making good progress. For under 500 I still would only be able to offer Kirgiz, Tchen, and Hispano Arabian, so no change there.

I'm going to be keeping my extras of any breed that isn't at the end of a line, as they all have different evaluations that work better for different breeds. It looks like Tchens are only used in Jafs, but my different Tchens would offer different Jafs. To better explain, I might get a taller Jaf from one pair, and a shorter Jaf from another. When I then make Darashouri horses with those Jafs, one will work better than another due to their height as I'll have to balance the other half of the equation (a Persian Arabian) which might be too tall or too short.

Additionally, it just generally increases my odds of a new breed if I have multiple horses going at once.

Kirgiz (not to be confused with the New Kirgiz breed) are the end of their line, so I can breed the mare that I have if you want any of those as well.

My Hispano Arabian is the only one I can't offer anything from, as I'm keeping him as a stud and I can't breed one as I don't have a mare.

Tchens are close to the end of their line; Tchens make Jafs, Jafs make Darashouri, and Darashouri are the end of that branch. My issue is that I don't have the Tchen quest yet, so I can't complete it until I complete a different quest and have it show up, and I'm not sure about the Jaf nor Darashouri quests either.

I have the two Tchen mares and a stud, but they're all full siblings and I'd rather not breed them together. The good news is there's quite a few public studs, so I'd be more than willing to breed you a brand new mare and colt so that you don't have to wait on my quests. The colt would be free since I promised studs, but the mare would cost the stud fee and an aging fee if you want her to be mature before being transferred. That's just to cover the cost of breeding and feed so that I come up even.

This is the highest HGP (56,416) Tchen stud that's public right now. He's a Red Dun, and his genetics are possibly: ee/Aa?/DD?. Not sure if he has Agouti and not sure if he's Heterozygous or Homozygous for Dun. He doesn't yet have any foals. His fee is 1.5k, which isn't bad at all. Paired with aging fees, a mare from him would maybe be 2k? And a stud would be free from him.

I have a Red Dun mare and a Dunliano mare. The Red Dun would most likely give more Red Duns, as there's no Black involved to offer Bay Duns or Grullas. The Dunliano might offer more Dunlianos or else more Red Duns.

Let me know if you have a preference. If you don't then I'd just breed them both and whichever fulfils the Colt and Filly that you'd need would be ones I'd sell you. If you have any other questions, let me know!
Heartland2001
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Heartland2001 »

EclipticEnd wrote:
Heartland2001 wrote:so i changed my standards a little bit so now I'm trying to do breeds with under 500 I've tried from scratch but I've had no luck so i mainly have been trying to do purebreds and repopulate them i just finished with norikers and Spanish Normans and now I'm trying to sell them off i would be interested in the Tchenarani but only if you have a mare because i would have nothing to keep repopulating if you want when your done with each breed and you have an extra mare you'd be willing to give me i could do the repopulating part if there are any specific rare breeds you need to make other rare breeds i have collected quite a few different breeds that are important for a lot of the cob type breeds. if you dont need this Tchenarani mare i would be interested in repopulating this breed if you have a stud i could use to that would be great https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3588057
Ah, breeding can be tough, especially from scratch. It sounds like you've been making good progress. For under 500 I still would only be able to offer Kirgiz, Tchen, and Hispano Arabian, so no change there.

I'm going to be keeping my extras of any breed that isn't at the end of a line, as they all have different evaluations that work better for different breeds. It looks like Tchens are only used in Jafs, but my different Tchens would offer different Jafs. To better explain, I might get a taller Jaf from one pair, and a shorter Jaf from another. When I then make Darashouri horses with those Jafs, one will work better than another due to their height as I'll have to balance the other half of the equation (a Persian Arabian) which might be too tall or too short.

Additionally, it just generally increases my odds of a new breed if I have multiple horses going at once.

Kirgiz (not to be confused with the New Kirgiz breed) are the end of their line, so I can breed the mare that I have if you want any of those as well.

My Hispano Arabian is the only one I can't offer anything from, as I'm keeping him as a stud and I can't breed one as I don't have a mare.

Tchens are close to the end of their line; Tchens make Jafs, Jafs make Darashouri, and Darashouri are the end of that branch. My issue is that I don't have the Tchen quest yet, so I can't complete it until I complete a different quest and have it show up, and I'm not sure about the Jaf nor Darashouri quests either.

I have the two Tchen mares and a stud, but they're all full siblings and I'd rather not breed them together. The good news is there's quite a few public studs, so I'd be more than willing to breed you a brand new mare and colt so that you don't have to wait on my quests. The colt would be free since I promised studs, but the mare would cost the stud fee and an aging fee if you want her to be mature before being transferred. That's just to cover the cost of breeding and feed so that I come up even.

This is the highest HGP (56,416) Tchen stud that's public right now. He's a Red Dun, and his genetics are possibly: ee/Aa?/DD?. Not sure if he has Agouti and not sure if he's Heterozygous or Homozygous for Dun. He doesn't yet have any foals. His fee is 1.5k, which isn't bad at all. Paired with aging fees, a mare from him would maybe be 2k? And a stud would be free from him.

I have a Red Dun mare and a Dunliano mare. The Red Dun would most likely give more Red Duns, as there's no Black involved to offer Bay Duns or Grullas. The Dunliano might offer more Dunlianos or else more Red Duns.

Let me know if you have a preference. If you don't then I'd just breed them both and whichever fulfils the Colt and Filly that you'd need would be ones I'd sell you. If you have any other questions, let me know!
i would love a filly and a colt from this guy link above and if you have some kirgiz you dont need i will gladly take them and if you have problems getting a Darashouri filly i have a mare you could borrow :D
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Heartland2001 wrote:i would love a filly and a colt from this guy link above and if you have some kirgiz you dont need i will gladly take them and if you have problems getting a Darashouri filly i have a mare you could borrow :D
I'll get to work on the Tchens and Kirgiz tomorrow.

I'd start tonight, but I have a horse I'm selling that already has an offer and I don't want to cancel it just to swap her to my frozen account. I'll be going through all the offers on her tomorrow (assuming she gets more than just the one) and selling her off, so until then I don't want to use turns lest I age her.

As for the Dara, it'll depend on if you have a Dara to breed or a recipe horse for Dara; using two purebreds doesn't fulfil quests as far as I remember. Regardless, I don't have that quest yet so it'll have to wait. Thanks for the offer and I'll let you know when the time comes. :D
Heartland2001
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Heartland2001 »

EclipticEnd wrote:
Heartland2001 wrote:i would love a filly and a colt from this guy link above and if you have some kirgiz you dont need i will gladly take them and if you have problems getting a Darashouri filly i have a mare you could borrow :D
I'll get to work on the Tchens and Kirgiz tomorrow.

I'd start tonight, but I have a horse I'm selling that already has an offer and I don't want to cancel it just to swap her to my frozen account. I'll be going through all the offers on her tomorrow (assuming she gets more than just the one) and selling her off, so until then I don't want to use turns lest I age her.

As for the Dara, it'll depend on if you have a Dara to breed or a recipe horse for Dara; using two purebreds doesn't fulfil quests as far as I remember. Regardless, I don't have that quest yet so it'll have to wait. Thanks for the offer and I'll let you know when the time comes. :D
no problem she is a purebred but what i meant was if you got stuck with a lot of colts and no fillys you could try breeding to my mare
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Heartland2001 wrote:
EclipticEnd wrote: I'll get to work on the Tchens and Kirgiz tomorrow.

no problem she is a purebred but what i meant was if you got stuck with a lot of colts and no fillys you could try breeding to my mare
Ah, noted. I appreciate it!
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Update 17: Road to Baluchi

Post by EclipticEnd »

Thanks to an opportunistic buy of a Kathiawari filly from Gabby Woodlark, I now have a five star evaluation for Baluchi. As soon as she's older I'll start breeding her with my best West African Barb stud, which is probably this one once he's old enough.

It is of course night and with my brightness dimmed I have a harder time correctly seeing the colors of some of the horses in this game. I think, however, that she's a Silver Perlino Blanket, possibly with Tiger Eyes. Double Cream! From that pairing I'm expecting perhaps a Buckskin Dun (Dunskin)? Maybe with a Blanket or some Tobiano, or perhaps the jackpot of both! Very, very exciting.

I'm honestly internally screaming in joy. If you're reading this, Gabby, thank you so much. I cannot even explain my excitement over this. The price was 100% worth it. I owe you a lot, assuming she pays off and gives me the Baluchi's I've been slaving over, so if you want a horse created from one of my listed breeds at any point in the future, let me know and I'll make you one for free.

I've been stuck on this for so long; my Baladis are absolutely refusing to give me another Kathiawari and this one is absolutely perfect and gorgeous! I couldn't not scoop her up while I had the chance. With her acquisition I may finally be able to move on to another breed, something that is extremely exciting at this stage.

For now I'll have to wait, though. I'm selling a horse and can't move her to my frozen account as she's already gotten an offer that I don't want to decline. I plan to accept an offer on her tomorrow, so at least the wait won't be long! I'm just waiting a bit longer for any other offers before I accept the one. For anyone curious, click here to view the horse in question.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 17, 2024 2:43 am

It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 2:43 am